Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
^

Just stumbled across this ... and they claim rednecks don't have a sense of humor!

Just stumbled across this ... and they claim rednecks don't have a sense of humor!

They're actually pretty entertaining. And that is definitely not what I would call redneck or bluegrass -- that's just regular folks in the south. Exaggerated of course. For giggles.

Glad taht’s settled. Does that mean, though, that Sapkowski has successfully negotiated for a share/percentage this time around?

Ryszard Chojnowski, one of the developers who worked on The Witcher 1 since the beginning of the project, shared recently some screenshots from the build of the game from 2003.

W1.jpg

W2.jpg

W3.jpg

As you can see, initially the idea was for the players to create their own witcher, which would include an option (which, if it actually ended up in the final product, could stir up some controversy among the book readers) to pick between male and female witcher (whose default names were Korin and Mikka respectively), as depicted at the screenshots.

On the side note, one interesting idea the team had for character creator, was that, after we finished the process of personalization for our character, the game would start with Trial of Grasses, end result of which would be a random mutations to our character body, like for example, exactly like in case of Geralt, change of the hair color, but it could also potentially affect traits like skin tone, eyes, etc.

Greetings to the veterans and regulars of the Bear! For those of you who still visit, sadly, I've come to bid you all farewell.

I've retired from moderating, after nearly five years haunting these Forums, and soon will turn to a new, unknown path, away from the threads. I don't expect to be around much after this, so I'd like to take this opportunity to say a few short goodbyes to those who've known me -- even if only slightly -- around here. I've taken my leave in private with the REDs and the Blues, so now I wish to offer my good wishes to some memorable community members, as well as some absent ones.

Foremost, sincere thanks to @dragonbird , and @GuyNwah, ex-moderators, who got me started on this mad quest in the beginning. I owe both of them a great deal, both as a member of this community, and, later, as a moderator. I miss them both. Also, special thanks to @tommy5761 , another veteran moderator, from whom we inherited a tradition of service to the community. Thank you all for your time in blue!

Thanks to @ReptilePZ and @Kinley , my former comrades-in-arms. Sorry about the puns, chaps -- and the crossbows. I wish you all the best!

To other members of the Old Guard: @Poppy , @PrincessCiri , @TemerianGirl , @Sunsibar , @SMiki55 , @Aes_S__dhe, @Ljesnjanin, @mecha_fish , @ONLY_ONCE , @Bellator Pius Gratus , @Gilthoniel , @Damariel , @Alan989 , @Garrison72 , @M4xw0lf , and countless more than I can name, THANKS for all the fun we had back in the wild, glory-days or pre-release and afterwards!! I shall remember each of you fondly. My sincere apologies to the many, many others I have failed to mention!

From the Witcher modding crowd, I thank @HalkHoganPL , for his ongoing enthusiasm for textures and meshes! Keep up the sharp work, Halk! Also, another thanks, and commendations, to @PATROL , for his ongoing work on The Witcher: Farewell of The White Wolf!

To @Gilrond-i-Virdan , a veteran of veterans, and a bold campaigner, best of luck on your path, mate!

@227 , thanks for the devious laughs!

Of a few more recent acquaintances, @CNTM deserves a very special mention, both for his generosity to fellow witchers, and his remarkable survival story. Thank you for sharing in our community!

@DoubleDealer , thanks for the terrible jokes, mate! You're a punster after me own heart.

@hiuuz , good luck on the Path to you as well!

To @rrc , and the other Gwent crowd, cheers, and have a good game!

To @Archpriest , here's to the Dwarves!
1578599216626.png

To @idomyownstunts , may you fall in a well. All the best from a well-wisher.

It has been an adventure, a pleasure, and a privilege to monitor these Forums for so long, to watch my fellow gamers post so passionately about their interests, artwork, and concerns, to help them and the REDs, and to watch so many changes over the years. I thank you all!

Thus, I hang up my swords, shelve the puns, and wish everyone goodbye. Live well, may the grass always be green, and the Path rise to meet you!

Sincerely,
~Riven-Twain (RivenII).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom