Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryszard Chojnowski has shared some old gameplay footage from 2004 build of The Witcher 1, utilizing a heavily modified Aurora Engine (known from classic BioWare games, like Neverwinter Nights), which replaced an IC Engine (previously used by Mortyr, a polish Wolfenstein inspired FPS from the 90's). All the locations featured in the video should look fairly familiar.

Greetings to the veterans and regulars of the Bear! For those of you who still visit, sadly, I've come to bid you all farewell.

I've retired from moderating, after nearly five years haunting these Forums, and soon will turn to a new, unknown path, away from the threads. I don't expect to be around much after this, so I'd like to take this opportunity to say a few short goodbyes to those who've known me -- even if only slightly -- around here. I've taken my leave in private with the REDs and the Blues, so now I wish to offer my good wishes to some memorable community members, as well as some absent ones.

Foremost, sincere thanks to @dragonbird , and @GuyNwah, ex-moderators, who got me started on this mad quest in the beginning. I owe both of them a great deal, both as a member of this community, and, later, as a moderator. I miss them both. Also, special thanks to @tommy5761 , another veteran moderator, from whom we inherited a tradition of service to the community. Thank you all for your time in blue!

Thanks to @ReptilePZ and @Kinley , my former comrades-in-arms. Sorry about the puns, chaps -- and the crossbows. I wish you all the best!

To other members of the Old Guard: @Poppy , @PrincessCiri , @TemerianGirl , @Sunsibar , @SMiki55 , @Aes_S__dhe, @Ljesnjanin, @mecha_fish , @ONLY_ONCE , @Bellator Pius Gratus , @Gilthoniel , @Damariel , @Alan989 , @Garrison72 , @M4xw0lf , and countless more than I can name, THANKS for all the fun we had back in the wild, glory-days or pre-release and afterwards!! I shall remember each of you fondly. My sincere apologies to the many, many others I have failed to mention!

From the Witcher modding crowd, I thank @HalkHoganPL , for his ongoing enthusiasm for textures and meshes! Keep up the sharp work, Halk! Also, another thanks, and commendations, to @PATROL , for his ongoing work on The Witcher: Farewell of The White Wolf!

To @Gilrond-i-Virdan , a veteran of veterans, and a bold campaigner, best of luck on your path, mate!

@227 , thanks for the devious laughs!

Of a few more recent acquaintances, @CNTM deserves a very special mention, both for his generosity to fellow witchers, and his remarkable survival story. Thank you for sharing in our community!

@DoubleDealer , thanks for the terrible jokes, mate! You're a punster after me own heart.

@hiuuz , good luck on the Path to you as well!

To @rrc , and the other Gwent crowd, cheers, and have a good game!

To @Archpriest , here's to the Dwarves!
View attachment 11027951

To @idomyownstunts , may you fall in a well. All the best from a well-wisher.

It has been an adventure, a pleasure, and a privilege to monitor these Forums for so long, to watch my fellow gamers post so passionately about their interests, artwork, and concerns, to help them and the REDs, and to watch so many changes over the years. I thank you all!

Thus, I hang up my swords, shelve the puns, and wish everyone goodbye. Live well, may the grass always be green, and the Path rise to meet you!

Sincerely,
~Riven-Twain (RivenII).

It is I, who should thank you, Sir! :cry:
Old Guard indeed. :sneaky: Thanks for the recognition. :howdy: Too many have passed from this place and I, as well, almost did. I venture here still, even if not as often as days of yore. I am humbled to be mentioned in your farewell, but there is also a sadness present for another friend lost.

I remember when I first noticed you here. Your amount of RED points soared in no time.
But that was how it was. You quickly made your mark on the forum and you will forever be remembered as a smart, witty and extremely helpful moderator.

Good luck to wherever you are off to, and may the Path rise to meet you, and may it also be blessed!

A sincere and heartfelt thank you...and cheers! :beer:

Best regards,

Bellator Pius Gratus

Greetings to the veterans and regulars of the Bear! For those of you who still visit, sadly, I've come to bid you all farewell.

I've retired from moderating, after nearly five years haunting these Forums, and soon will turn to a new, unknown path, away from the threads. I don't expect to be around much after this, so I'd like to take this opportunity to say a few short goodbyes to those who've known me -- even if only slightly -- around here. I've taken my leave in private with the REDs and the Blues, so now I wish to offer my good wishes to some memorable community members, as well as some absent ones.

Foremost, sincere thanks to @dragonbird , and @GuyNwah, ex-moderators, who got me started on this mad quest in the beginning. I owe both of them a great deal, both as a member of this community, and, later, as a moderator. I miss them both. Also, special thanks to @tommy5761 , another veteran moderator, from whom we inherited a tradition of service to the community. Thank you all for your time in blue!

Thanks to @ReptilePZ and @Kinley , my former comrades-in-arms. Sorry about the puns, chaps -- and the crossbows. I wish you all the best!

To other members of the Old Guard: @Poppy , @PrincessCiri , @TemerianGirl , @Sunsibar , @SMiki55 , @Aes_S__dhe, @Ljesnjanin, @mecha_fish , @ONLY_ONCE , @Bellator Pius Gratus , @Gilthoniel , @Damariel , @Alan989 , @Garrison72 , @M4xw0lf , and countless more than I can name, THANKS for all the fun we had back in the wild, glory-days or pre-release and afterwards!! I shall remember each of you fondly. My sincere apologies to the many, many others I have failed to mention!

From the Witcher modding crowd, I thank @HalkHoganPL , for his ongoing enthusiasm for textures and meshes! Keep up the sharp work, Halk! Also, another thanks, and commendations, to @PATROL , for his ongoing work on The Witcher: Farewell of The White Wolf!

To @Gilrond-i-Virdan , a veteran of veterans, and a bold campaigner, best of luck on your path, mate!

@227 , thanks for the devious laughs!

Of a few more recent acquaintances, @CNTM deserves a very special mention, both for his generosity to fellow witchers, and his remarkable survival story. Thank you for sharing in our community!

@DoubleDealer , thanks for the terrible jokes, mate! You're a punster after me own heart.

@hiuuz , good luck on the Path to you as well!

To @rrc , and the other Gwent crowd, cheers, and have a good game!

To @Archpriest , here's to the Dwarves!
View attachment 11027951

To @idomyownstunts , may you fall in a well. All the best from a well-wisher.

It has been an adventure, a pleasure, and a privilege to monitor these Forums for so long, to watch my fellow gamers post so passionately about their interests, artwork, and concerns, to help them and the REDs, and to watch so many changes over the years. I thank you all!

Thus, I hang up my swords, shelve the puns, and wish everyone goodbye. Live well, may the grass always be green, and the Path rise to meet you!

Sincerely,
~Riven-Twain (RivenII).
Just WOW! To be remembered among all the other names mentioned is awesome. Thank you. On occasion I do still haunt these forums from time to time when time permits.

All that I can say is good luck in all your future endeavors. May the sun light your way and the wind be always at your back.

I realized I passed my witcher forums 10th anniversary some time last year (my orignal account pre migration to the new forums is still floating around in the user database).

Guest 2091327

Sincerely,
~Riven-Twain (RivenII).

Well damn. I wish you the best of luck on the Path, wherever it takes you.

Can't help to be curious what you are up to next.

May the dust lie softly on your chair, until your return :-/

Looks like an old timer's CDPR reunion here. Glad to see you're still vertical, Tommy. We're missing some folks from the pre TW2 days. Remember how hyped we were for that game? Before CDPR had 800 employees and they were struggling just to put their next game out.

Last edited:
Oh I remember. There are quite a few names that are missing since then. I was sitting here trying to remember how many years since I registered on the forums.....October 2009 jeez that`s coming up on 11 years. It`s funny how time gets away from you.
Let`s see......just before TW2 launch the forums went offline for maintenance and were offline for I think about 2 months. What a mess that was. But on a positive note that was probably the only reason I got to finish the game twice.
CDPR was I think less than 200 employees at the time.

Then when TW2 finally launched the fracas they had with the copy protection they had to use at the time. It might have been Securom maybe. I do remember that not long after release they patched it out and got sued.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

I remember those days before TW3 came out. This place was a hive of activity back then. I miss those days.

CDPR actually threatened to sue pirates after TW2 launched. It was a bizarre hiccup in their normally chill attitude. Then they trashed that idea. But nothing caused a bigger controversy than GOG 'going out of business', lol. Marcin and another dude did a video where they dressed up like monks to do penance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom