Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
18 Alerts? Did I write something outrageous...? Ah, it's new forums stuff. Carry on then.
Hope everyone is plague-free so far. Some of that Witcher immunity would come in real handy now...

Some of that Witcher immunity would come in real handy now...

That's like killing a mosquito with a flamethrower. I mean, sure it works, but the collateral damage might not be worth it. Not to mention the mortality rate of the Trial of the Grasses to become a Witcher in the first place. 3 out of 10, I wouldn't take those odds.

Cheers Tommy. I mean the members who used to be on here a lot around the time Witcher 3 was released but you know that. :p

Define old:LOL: . But I`m still around from time to time. Read quite a bit but seldom post. Since I`ve retired I spend most of my time outdoors but not around crowds of any kind. Nice to see you around .:beer:
Cheers Tommy. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. And you better still be gaming!

3 out of 10, I wouldn't take those odds.

StarshipTroopersLiveForever.gif

Do you guys think its wrong to tell someone their reason for having feelings about something is invalid?
Like if they believe something that you know is wrong, and feel strongly about it, is it wrong to tell them the reason they feel strongly about it is from an incorrect evaluation of the facts?

For example; someone is depressed and they think they see Jesus burnt into a piece of toast and that uplifts them and makes them feel better.

I feel like it isn't even rude to tell them that they are wrong but I have gotten a ton of pushback on this. Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Depends on the person you are trying to "enlighten" and the "heaviness" of the topic. Some topics shouldn't be taken lightly. Furthermore, not everyone can handle it and sometimes it's just better to let it go because the truth does not outweigh the consequences. If it's a close friend you can put some more effort into not trying to hurt his/her feelings, while still getting your point across. If it's a stranger on the internet, go for strong arguments and if (s)he doesn't respond well, then I would stop there and not make things even worse.

Do you guys think its wrong to tell someone their reason for having feelings about something is invalid?
Like if they believe something that you know is wrong, and feel strongly about it, is it wrong to tell them the reason they feel strongly about it is from an incorrect evaluation of the facts?

For example; someone is depressed and they think they see Jesus burnt into a piece of toast and that uplifts them and makes them feel better.

I feel like it isn't even rude to tell them that they are wrong but I have gotten a ton of pushback on this. Thoughts?
If you state real sensible facts about a certain thing, then go on why not, you can Convince them in a very polite and kind manner if you actually have the knowledge and wisdom, they need to be open to it too, if they don't want it then pushing them is not wise, it's better to have patience and wait for the right moment.

But first of all you need to fix yourself then you can start thinking about fixing others long after that, just saying this in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom