Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the scale of Geralt to Iorveth, how hot are my new boots?

We're having Monday off because of a national holiday and I'm sooo happy to finally rest for a bit! Turns out that going home last week was a terrible idea, it only made me feel worse throughout the week.

I would say they're somewhere on Triss level but I'm not so sure yet ;]

The boots look lovely, Dona. I love the fact that they are functional too - unlike the ones with really narrow heels that cause a lot of discomfort when wearing them for extended periods.

Question: Do you still have trouble reaching the first shelf with them on? :p :p :p :p

Emotional exhibitionism time:

Remember when I said I was going to uni along with my best friend? Well, we both got a crush on the same girl. She's 19, he's 24, I'm frickin' 30 and it's the first time I ever felt that way about someone. By the way, my friend actually urged me to talk to her at first, but I'm a total loser with zero self esteem who forgets his tongue whenever talking to a girl. Meanwhile, they started chatting away for entire days. I broke down into a nervous wreck. I'm currently on psych meds and starting group therapy this monday.

Yesterday, she friendzoned him, saying she prefers being single anyway.

Someone give me a hug.

Remember when I said I was going to uni along with my best friend? Well, we both got a crush on the same girl. She's 19, he's 24, I'm frickin' 30 and it's the first time I ever felt that way about someone. By the way, my friend actually urged me to talk to her at first, but I'm a total loser with zero self esteem who forgets his tongue whenever talking to a girl. Meanwhile, they started chatting away for entire days. I broke down into a nervous wreck. I'm currently on psych meds and starting group therapy this monday.

Someone give me a hug.

Edit: teenagers are wierd ;]

Last edited:
Jeeeeesus @Kodaemon that seems rough. Hang in there, it will get better.

I figured long time ago that some girls will never be interested, just like I was never interested in some girls, that would hit up on me. I know it's easier said than done, but don't let some chemical reaction in your brain decide what to do or think. Whenever I go back to my memories from high school, I roll my eyes at the amount of unnecessary love drama that was going on around me [or with me]. People breaking up friendships, not talking to each other - it seems so silly now.

Someone give me a hug.

Man that does suck. From experience I can say is that when starting it's most difficulty, but once you have once relationship regardless of how it ends it will be a lot easier to approach girls.

Personally I find myself in a rather bad spot dating wise...seeing as many women my age ( early-mid 20s ) are just not interested in a serious long term relationship, and I really don't care for a short term relationship. I guess it's understandable. People are getting their first job, their finishing Uni, doing their masters and so on, but still it's a big frustration of mine.

Older women are interested and indeed I find myself having a lot more in common with women older then me...but of course the age difference...well I am not willing to date someone past a certain age.

Last edited:
Thing is, I almost made peace with the thought of being forever alone, and then... yeah.

You're 30 years old, man ! You've got your whole life ahead of you ! Don't talk in absolutes, like you're some lost cause. Did you try dating websites ? Hooking up through friends ? No single friends at work perhaps ?

Big hug Kodaemon, tell me if your ribs begin to creak.

I understand relationships are fucking difficult, but don't let any of this get in the way of your education dude. There'll be plenty of time when you're rich, successful and have more confidence because of that, right now just use the uni bar as stress relief of a weekend or whatever. Don't look for owt long term, as the lasses at uni are clever enough to not be seeking that yet, they're away from home probably for the first time, getting to know themselves and the wider world, and from what i've experienced working the doors on uni bars usually just looking for a quick one-two buckle my shoe.

Enjoy the lifestyle, concentrate on your work and remember everything changes. Good luck mate.

@Dona - Full on Diana Rigg kick arses, I wish my work boots had zips up the sides.

Thing is, I almost made peace with the thought of being forever alone, and then... yeah.

The way I see it, if you don't get used to being rejected, you will be forever alone. Just keep gunning away and it'll get easier. Think of Dona's boots whenever you approach a lady, and their awesomeness will bolster your courage and carry you through any situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom