Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow a lot of old T.V. Shows from my younger years. Hardly remember them at all because the parents had the cable cut. A horrifying moment was right at the end of the Cell Saga in DBZ and then poof! Only 13 channels and the Discovery channel. "Your going to rot your brains out" they said, "it's for your own good" they said.

And I was forced to watch the likes of Friends, Seinfield, Roseanne and many other horrible things for a young kid. I blame them for my insanity :p

Crap! I can't imagine how bad that must have been for you. THOSE are the shows that WOULD rot your brain. Let me guess: they where Soap Opera fans weren't they?

You probably didn't catch them at their prime. The show is from 1987, I guess at -2 years old you'd be too young to enjoy them.

I'm younger than him and I was still a big fan of TMNT as a kid. :p But Romanians have a tendency to rerun things over and over. So maybe it was because of that.

I'm younger than him and I was still a big fan of TMNT as a kid. :p But Romanians have a tendency to rerun things over and over. So maybe it was because of that.

Same (though I was born in '88 ). TMNT was very popular in the early 90s, we had the toys, special VHS editions, comic books, even a local theater play.

While we're on the subject, I would like to recommend the TMNT 20th anniversary movie (Turtles Forever)! It is hilarious and super on point, even for someone who hasn't seen anything but the original show. :)

Last edited:
Crap! I can't imagine how bad that must have been for you. THOSE are the shows that WOULD rot your brain. Let me guess: they where Soap Opera fans weren't they?

Mother was and still is to a point. I eventually got over it.
@ReptilePZ: It was rot for a kid, lol. I will admit Chandler was probably the funniest of the bunch. He is an epitome of 90's American humour.

Yeah I was actually too young for this when it first came out, but it was stlll going on in the early 90's. I did watch the movies in the theater though. I also had coloring books. And action figures. Yeah, I guess I sort of liked it...

Since it's my 100th post I figured I should type something a little more special..

And since I'm not smart enough for that, I'll simply say that I'm having lot's of fun here in the forums talking to you guys.
Thanks for keeping me virtual company during the hard times of isolation and despair that in two words is described, as exam period..
I like all of you and all of you are awesome.
And that's that!
Seeya

Since it's my 100th post I figured I should type something a little more special..

And since I'm not smart enough for that, I'll simply say that I'm having lot's of fun here in the forums talking to you guys.
Thanks for keeping me virtual company during the hard times of isolation and despair that in two words is described, as exam period..
I like all of you and all of you are awesome.
And that's that!
Seeya
Blehehe, I have a few more stress-free weeks before my exams. In yo face.

Edit: Oh, crap, this is my 300th post.

So in the spirit of the post I quoted, thanks for the cyber company when I should be studying instead.

Last edited:
:huh:

@ReptilePZ
@Kinley

But on a more serious note - no exams Kinley because you're after Uni, before it, or don't intend to go at all?

I'm curious, because in Israel there's an inflation of first degrees that even they don't help much. Unless you have a second one, it's very tough netting yourself a decent job, but without a first it's close to impossible. Or open a business, but very few make it. We have a crappy market here.

A friend of mine told me that on his trip to Australia (or New Zealand) he met a barman who wasn't far from finishing the mortgage on his own house, just by being a barman. No degree, no fancy job, but a comfortable life nevertheless. That's mythical level in Israel. Not sure how much he exaggerated, but it's interesting hearing about countries where you can just, y'know, live and not stress out about finding a job that'll pay you enough for stuff that should be normal. Especially without a degree, which is ingrained into our mentality here.

Last edited:
:huh:

@ReptilePZ
@Kinley

But on a more serious note - no exams Kinley because you're after Uni, before it, or don't intend to go at all?

I'm curious, because in Israel there's an inflation of first degrees that even they don't help much. Unless you have a second one, it's very tough netting yourself a decent job, but without a first it's close to impossible. Or open a business, but very few make it. We have a crappy market here.

A friend of mine told me that on his trip to Australia (or New Zealand) he met a barman who wasn't far from finishing the mortgage on his own house, just by being a barman. No degree, no fancy job, but a comfortable life nevertheless. That's mythical level in Israel. Not sure how much he exaggerated, but it's interesting hearing about countries where you can just, y'know, live and not stress out about finding a job that'll pay you enough for stuff that should be normal. Especially without a degree, which is ingrained into our mentality here.

You mean a land where you can follow your dreams, without having to go through University first just for the sake of it? Puhlease, such things do not exist..

Also, why does orange juice hurt my teef so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom