Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah.

I love to wear something light, that's why I'm not a big fan of winter. It's cold and depressing to see show for half of year. I love spring more.

And one more thing, anyone here who else celebrates Christmas 7th January, or it's just us?

My family celebrates on both the 24th and 25th of December, but I think that's considered the usual way.

And one more thing, anyone here who else celebrates Christmas 7th January, or it's just us?

Certainly looks like it's gorgeous there in the spring (not that snow can't be pretty as well). Dec 25th here for us for Christmas.

.....and I just had the most random image in my head of Santa in a REDpoint suit visiting everyone. Weird.

EDIT: It's getting worse. Now it's Geralt in a REDpoint Santa outfit. I'm apparently descending into madness.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that Israel can have much harsher winters than one would expect. But I guess that depends on where you are inside the country.
Meh. I live near Jersualem, which is colder than the rest, and there's still not nearly as much rain as I should like - let alone snow.

Yeah.

I love to wear something light, that's why I'm not a big fan of winter. It's cold and depressing to see snow for half of year. I love spring more.

Those Orthodox churches that follow the original Julian calendar -- I think the ROC is the largest. Many Orthodox in the US still do, as well. (It's difficult in a mixed culture, because the Protestants and Roman Catholics are partying while the Orthodox are in the Nativity fast.)

Meh. I live near Jersualem, which is colder than the rest, and there's still not nearly as much rain as I should like - let alone snow.

Well, compared to Finland most countries have mild winters, I imagine. Lol!
If you do have the ocassional snow during winter, however, then your winters are already colder than ours.

Now I remember.
Sledges, pancakes, playing with snowballs, making a snowmen, snow forts and ice slides, actually winter is cool and a lot of fun, especially if you have a kids. Or you are still a kid... in soul.

Those are great and all, but it's the winter atmosphere, as I described it earlier, that I adore. There's just something about harshness of the weather that I enjoy. Growing up in the mountain, I can tell you winter was absolutely amazing. No electricity, obviously - there's a goddamn blizzard outside, snow's as tall as a man - all you have is the sound of the wind and the fireplace. And your grandparents telling you some spooky stories, like the ones The Witcher is inspired by.

Those are great and all, but it's the winter atmosphere, as I described it earlier, that I adore. There's just something about harshness of the weather that I enjoy. Growing up in the mountain, I can tell you winter was absolutely amazing. No electricity, obviously - there's a goddamn blizzard outside, snow's as tall as a man - all you have is the sound of the wind and the fireplace. And your grandparents telling you some spooky stories, like the ones The Witcher is inspired by.
That explains it. I'm grow up in more urban environment, where snow quickly becomes a dirty mess and all winter magic is -poof, there is none of it.
Only the first day when it falls down is fascinating and beautifull....
I really should go away from city to start experience it's full beauty, I guess.

That explains it. I'm grow up in more urban environment, where snow quickly becomes a dirty mess and all winter magic is -poof, there is none of it.
Only the first day when it falls down is fascinating and beautifull....
I really should go away from city to start experience it's full beauty I guess.

Yep, you're missing out.

And yes, winter in the city is just annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom