Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoooo~ finally back after a week of lots of travelling (did over 1000 miles in 15 hours in one go and over 2500 miles in total). Saw lots of family (which was good since it's been...about 4 years) for Thanksgiving, saw lots of sites up in Washington D.C, visited my college stomping grounds down in Savannah, GA, and had lot of awesome food throughout the trip.

So here is my contribution to No-shave November. Totally clashes with my hair which I can't make up my mind on what to do with, though I need a cut here soon.
View attachment 7887

Attachments

• 10805802_10152990775017275_8715686439683427977_n.jpg
    10805802_10152990775017275_8715686439683427977_n.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 50
I don't like Mondays.... luckly I'm not a sixteenager but a simple old cat

---------- Updated at 05:44 PM ----------

Whoooo~ finally back after a week of lots of travelling (did over 1000 miles in 15 hours in one go and over 2500 miles in total). Saw lots of family (which was good since it's been...about 4 years) for Thanksgiving, saw lots of sites up in Washington D.C, visited my college stomping grounds down in Savannah, GA, and had lot of awesome food throughout the trip.

So here is my contribution to No-shave November. Totally clashes with my hair which I can't make up my mind on what to do with, though I need a cut here soon.
View attachment 7887

Welcome

Definitively, I love your beard ;) It frames a lovely smile

Don't be afraid... I''m only being kind

@Brielle Around here no, there was one bomb 2012 in Munich that went a bit wrong. A itsy bitsy 500-pound bomb with a delayed timer. Had to be detonated and that set a few rooftops on fire in the direct vicinity.

The delayed timers are problematic to dismantle, they involve chemicals that should have burned through materials to set of the bombs hours or days after impact. If they try to dismantle or move them it could set of the bomb, so blowing them up is often a solid choice.
Those around here are usually the drop down detonate type where the detonation didn't work.

Does make me appose using bombs or other explosive stuff in wars though, 70 year later and still those things are around... Really stop using them.

View attachment 7887

Weird how he is sitting there. He looks like a totalitarian ruler to me. Maybe that is why they always replace the momument in games or movies where the North Koreans or Nazis conquer the US.

Recently had a look at Wolfenstein: The New Order and was pleasantly surprised. I was put off originally, cause I was expecting it just to be another all Germans are bad and Nazis and they are stupid and lets kill all of them en masse. It still has that, but at least the section outside on the moon was great (actually not having any sound gave it a special athmosphere) and the music covers and articles and the technology and architecture. They really managed to capture this danger of the engineered society, which looks impressive, but gives you a cold chill down your spine, cause you realize how empty it is without freedom. Reminds me a bit of one of the few really great scenes of the newer Star Wars movies in the senate, where Amidala says: "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause." Well over all, I still would have liked a more discriminate look at such a future and for you to not play a one man army, but that would not be Wolfenstein, I guess.

OK
As this thread seems a bit empty today I will fill it with a shameful confession:

Last night I watched for the umpteenth time "Hatchi: A dog's tale" completely aware that I would end up crying my heart out during the last hour of the movie for the umpteenth time...

I cannot imagine what would I do if it were a cat instead a dog!

Last edited:
God i just love my story, and i don't care if someone doesn't.
Not sure about cliches, because i'm not really familiar with all of them, but when the dream will come true, then it will "it is the players choice".
Ohhh, nothing better then an optimistic dose - If you're reading this you're a wonderful person! want a hug? it's going to be "bear-able"
The hairy bear seems to be empty lately, where is everyone?

I had the worst lecture ever today. What I thought was going to be a thought-provoking lecture on feminism in China, was actually just a lecture on globalisation and how it kind of affects Chinese women in rural areas.

But at least I spent the lecture studying Korean so it wasn't a total waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom