Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because @Mataresa finds you odd, as well, and when he's odd and finds you odd ... Well, who says I'm not the odd one here? Like the ultimatively odd one, believing all other people in here are odd, but not as odd as I am?

That's some odd philosophy. :hai:

In all seriousness though, I find it difficult to stop self-deprecating myself (blame it on my school years) and I'm just terrible at socializing. You guys just seem a lot better at this than I am.

That's some odd philosophy. :hai:

In all seriousness though, I find it difficult to stop self-deprecating myself (blame it on my school years) and I'm just terrible at socializing. You guys just seem a lot better at this than I am.

Worry not mate, it happens to all of us. No matter who you are or whatever point you find yourself at in your life. Everyone has baggage. Jimi's song comes to mind.

[video=youtube;xI-WVWM_GR0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI-WVWM_GR0[/video]

Sorry I know it's not the Music Thread.

Hey, that's self-deprecation!
I'm not as good at it as you might think ... but I guess I'm doing quite a good job in hiding it. Somehow.
And - you're a good guy. People having trouble with socializing mostly have reasons for that, and from my experience it is often because some other people just thought they can blame it on the one who doesn't fight back, because he's a good guy. Don't know what happened to you during your school time, but that's what happened to a close friend during my school time, and people expected me to join them. Well, this close friend is still a close friend. And I had some time enjoying being the odd one out, until I decided to get some interesting position with spending some time abroad (makes you somehow more interesting. And untouchable.).

I'm not as good at it as you might think ... but I guess I'm doing quite a good job in hiding it. Somehow.
And - you're a good guy. People having trouble with socializing mostly have reasons for that, and from my experience it is often because some other people just thought they can blame it on the one who doesn't fight back, because he's a good guy. Don't know what happened to you during your school time, but that's what happened to a close friend during my school time, and people expected me to join them. Well, this close friend is still a close friend. And I had some time enjoying being the odd one out, until I decided to get some interesting position with spending some time abroad (makes you somehow more interesting. And untouchable.).

A good point right there. Some people do try to hide it I think, just like me. And what you wrote is exactly what happened to me as well. I had these "wonderful" classmates in elementary school, who tought they'd make fun of me, because why not. This dragged on for at least 4 years. Thankfully the last day of elementary school came, I left and felt happy for not having to see these people again. I think what they've been doing is the reason for me being so introvert, and why I find it hard to socialize to this day.

Blatantly obvious advances on an internet forum?

Attachments

• wut.jpg
    wut.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 64
@Alan989 Well I am quite good at that as well. I used to be even more so. Trying to be more positive now, but sometimes it is hard not to say when you think something negative about yourself.
I usually don't have problems talking to people, but I often notice I am not on par with "normal" people. We get along, but I often feel left out. I don't drink and don't really party, so especially at the end of school I was often left out. But luckily there are enough nerdy people around either at uni or here, so it is easier. But I can't help it but still be who I am and like who I am, even if I am not always happy.
And if I am making fun and being weird and sometimes overdoing it a bit, it is because I enjoy it. I don't take myself too seriously and I like weirding people out from time to time. All of us are complicated multifaceted people and that makes it interesting.
@Alan989 No need to put yourself down. At least us here like you the way you are and treasure your company. (Btw do you speak Gaelic? ^^)
Let's all be odd together. Odd and odd makes even. :)
:cheers:

---------- Updated at 10:59 PM ----------

Also I would probably like all of you half as much if it weren't for your quirks and edges. Normal people are not nearly as interesting. :)

---------- Updated at 11:08 PM ----------

Don't think you got me there ... :p
Too bad. :/

@Alan989 Well I am quite good at that as well. I used to be even more so. Trying to be more positive now, but sometimes it is hard not to say when you think something negative about yourself.
I usually don't have problems talking to people, but I often notice I am not on par with "normal" people. We get along, but I often feel left out. I don't drink and don't really party, so especially at the end of school I was often left out. But luckily there are enough nerdy people around either at uni or here, so it is easier. But I can't help it but still be who I am and like who I am, even if I am not always happy.
And if I am making fun and being weird and sometimes overdoing it a bit, it is because I enjoy it. I don't take myself too seriously and I like weirding people out from time to time. All of us are complicated multifaceted people and that makes it interesting.
@Alan989 No need to put yourself down. At least us here like you the way you are and treasure your company. (Btw do you speak Gaelic? ^^)
Let's all be odd together. Odd and odd makes even. :)
:cheers:

---------- Updated at 10:59 PM ----------

Also I would probably like all of you half as much if it weren't for your quirks and edges. Normal people are not nearly as interesting. :)/

I don't know what to say. Thanks! :glee:

Oh, and no I can't speak a word of any Gaelic language, everyone over here speaks English because it's handier. The only time the old languages are used is in official documents and on road signs near the border with the South. It's practically a dead language.

Oh, and no I can't speak a word of any Gaelic language, everyone over here speaks English because it's handier. The only time the old languages are used is in official documents and on road signs near the border with the South. It's practically a dead language.
Yes, I knew that. It is similar to my home language, but not even in official documents or road signs. I was just hoping, cause I like the sound of it very much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom