Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really interesting! And it's fun to learn about a country that linguistically has many similarities to Japanese but culturally is incredibly different.
I always thought they were very different linguistically as well. Japanese just sounds way harsher to my untrained ears. Chinese sounds much more graceful/melodic in comparison.

I feel like I haven't posted on these forums in ages but it's because my internet here in China is not very good. But I'm having an amazing time. I didn't think I would love it here as much as I do, but despite a few downsides it's pretty awesome here.
Hello again, Princess. Glad you're enjoying China so much! (What a pity Dragonbird's Internet is so slow for you, though.)

Congratulations on your achievement!

Cheers.

OMG, you've invaded China. That's the same continent as me. So now I know why my internet connection has got slower. You're tapping into my wifi, aren't you?

Yeah it's only a matter of time before I show up on your doorstep!!!! (I actually wish I did have someone's WiFi to tap into, since mine is so bad I want my money back)

Testing my new laptop today. There is a slight difference in colors when I compare this old one to that new one :blink:

At first I thought that the new one was broken because colors seemed to be on fire :D Deep and rich. Now that I look at this poor old lappy, it's screen looks so grey and dull... Dead even. I have been trying to take pictures which could show that difference, but I couldn't make it work. Difference is huge!

I have never before seen two laptops in different prize classes side by side.

Testing my new laptop today. There is a slight difference in colors when I compare this old one to that new one :blink:

At first I thought that the new one was broken because colors seemed to be on fire :D Deep and rich. Now that I look at this poor old lappy, it's screen looks so grey and dull... Dead even. I have been trying to take pictures which could show that difference, but I couldn't make it work. Difference is huge!

I have never before seen two laptops in different prize classes side by side.

Let me guess. The new Laptop has a high quality VA/IPS-Panel, right? (If you dont know what I mean: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/panel_technologies.htm)

I guess it's that IPS thingy :D (yes, I'm totally lost with computer knowledge) I asked my friend if this is any good and he said this is good enough, and then I bought it.

My old one is AsusX301A and this new one is AsusGL552VW

I guess it's that IPS thingy :D (yes, I'm totally lost with computer knowledge) I asked my friend if this is any good and he said this is good enough, and then I bought it.

My old one is AsusX301A and this new one is AsusGL552VW

I bought a Dell IPS monitor for my current gaming PC and I'm never going back. I'd say some LCD monitors can be very bright but the color balance is just wrong. IPS's reproduce actual lifelike colors, and the difference in games, movies and pictures is amazing.

I bought a Dell IPS monitor for my current gaming PC and I'm never going back. I'd say some LCD monitors can be very bright but the color balance is just wrong. IPS's reproduce actual lifelike colors, and the difference in games, movies and pictures is amazing.

Too bad the blacks are rather horrible with IPS Panels.

I use this one as my wallpaper and it looks like it's truly burning :D

---------- Updated at 04:01 PM ----------

At least there is black. Everything in my old lappy looks just like 50 shades of grey.

Still the best panel option for gaming alongside TN. VAs have great blacks and great colors (not as great as IPS though) but suffer from ghosting issues. And black crush.

I'm considering upgrading to a Predator X34P when it launches. I really want to get beyond 60hz and get rid off v-sync but I'm skeptical about Acer's QC. Too bad Dell doesn't make gaming monitors. Their customers service and QC are top notch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom