Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of a warm welcome! This place is nice tavern to rest from running throu the forum and rest while discussing several things. Here you can meet friends and have fun, not to forget a good drink :beer:

Whisperwind said:
what's on it's way? :)
The wonderful christmas card :witchmas:@PherylltJust because this is your first post in our cosy off topic tavern doesn't mean you are an intruder ;) Welcome :wave: Just join our chats.

indeed, join the club, pull up a chair and pour yourself an ale (dwarven? or the gnomish special today?) :wave: ;D

In mine too... Let's order some Wyvern chops, with Berbeque salad and mead to drink! Dwarven mead of course :)(btw. I hope I didn't screw the naming :p)

Wyvern omelets have a good reputation, certainly I will take it too
Dear guests and frequenters,we have the honour to serve all meals, resp use the recipes which will be submitted at the Drowners fricassee contest. Don't be afraid, I'm confident it will be delicious meals as it should please a sorceress' flavour :angel:

something like this? ;DRedanian Cheese and Sewant Quichefrom "The Druid Cookbook "by some witcherette(1 hour to prepare, makes 4-6 Servings)1. Start with a standard pie crust (only the botton crust is required)2. Cover bottom of crust with 1 ½ cups grated cheese. (Redanian is best.)3. Cover cheese with: 1 medium onion, chopped; sautéed in butter with ¼ lb. sewants salt, pepper, dash of celandine4. Make a custard: Beat well together 4 wyvern eggs 1 ½ cups milk 3 Tbs. flour ¼ tsp. salt ¼ tsp. dry mustard5. Pour custard over sewant layer.6. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375º for 40-45 minutes, or until sold in the center when jiggled.

Yea, but if you bag the wyverne, then we can have roast later, maybe around noon tomorrowI'll bring a nice salad to go with it.choose:white: Wolfsbane sprinkled with verbena, Honeysuckle ,white myrtle, and generously portioned Berbercane fruitred: a base of green mold and fools parsley interspersed with feainnewedd, beggartick and Hellebore petals and a Balise fruits compote.Pass the Toussant, Please

The Redanian Cheese and Sewant Quiche sounds delicious but I'm afraid it has tons of calories. Heck, I start to diet next year and now raise a toast with etainne's delicious Toussant

Drowner Brains Almondine in a White Wine Sauce (entree)For this recipe, you will need:1 full drowner brain, preferable intact.1 flask Beauclair White wine (more for table)1 dozen fresh picked Fool's Parsley leaves2 dozen chopped Sewant Mushrooms4 Ballisse Fruit, seeded and diced1 portion nuts (may use more, to taste)2 portions Garlic6 verbena flowers8 honeysuckle flowers1 sugar doll, crushedIn a bowl, combine white wine, verbena flowers, honeysuckle flowers, and sugar doll. Let breathe.In another bowl, combine nuts, sewant mushrooms, and garlic.Wash the brain gently, but firmly, to remove any debris. Pat dry with paper towels. Place in a glass baking dish. (apporximately 9"X9" will do)Prebake brain in medium heat oven for 30 minutes. take out of oven and let cool for 30 minutes so you don't burn yourself during the next part. Rub nut mixture over entire brain, making sure to cover sides and top well. Place back in oven for 2 hours. About every 30 minutes, take a portion of the wine mixture and douse the brain to create a glaze.Take brain out of oven and let cool, slightly.On a serving plate, arrange fool's parsley leaves attractively. Place brain gently on leaves.Sprinkle diced balisse fruit on top.Serve slices from the table, being sure to include both the ballise fruit and the fools parsley in each serving.Yields 6-8 servings.(3 Rubedo, 3 Albedo, 3 inconsequential, and 2 alcohol portions per serving)*Witcher Watcher's dietary values

New Year in 12 hours here :) Sadly I won't be able to go out and watch fireworks - I am a bit ill :(Still I've got an idea - let's everybody make a photo with fireworks, I'll ask family to do some for me - we will be able to watch fireworks all together :) How do You think?And remember to put some dry grass in SW corner of the room and coins in E :) It isn't a Polish tradition, a Lithuanian one I believe :) A Polish one I think is only a toast made with some noble tipple. Like mead, tokaji, champaign or wine even. I wouldn't recommend a beer :pSo - I'll make a toast in mead for You dear friends and hope my cats won't eat the grass I put here :p I don't think they'll find interest in Litai and Centu I put in other corner :) ( more realistic with Lithuanian coins :] )

hmmm, this is the first New Year's Eve I haven't had to work in I don't remember how long! I wonder if my camera can take pictures in the dark? Or if we'll see any fireworks from here? I'll let you know how it works out. :)Toasting with non-alcoholic stuff, here, but the feeling will be there for you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom