Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corylea said:
Corylea said:
I spend all my time in summer trying to dodge the damn sun :D
Me, too! 1) I'm pale + 2) I overheat absurdly easily = 3) the sun is my enemy.
Me too... ;D I dislike any tan on my skin, I dislike the brightness the sun gives, I dislike the heat from it...That's why I live mostly at night ;D Yes, I go to sleep at 5am, when sun rises and wake up after noon :D

PetraSilie said:
@CoryI've heard various history and lore about garlic but this one is new… garlic only for low-class poeple :hmmm:
Haven't heard that one. I have read that horseradish was once considered something eaten only by the "lower classes" (the claim being that upper classes had too sensitive/refined tastes).And a school update: Semester 2 of 3 completed, again with a perfect 4.0 :)....couple weeks left until my final semester in the program starts. Two classes (one of which, I've had 50% of in a previous course several years ago), an internship (school still needs to contact me about where, then I have to interview for it), and the program's capstone course.

I like my glow-in-the-dark paleness, and I try to stay white. Anyone can tan to a certain extent, but few people can have translucent skin. 8)

Quixote, that sounds brilliant!Good luck with the last bit, have a :beer:@Artreri, will you be getting another job or concentrating on the studying?Also, are you sure you're in California? Shouldn't translucent skin vanish in minutes there? :teeth:

;D Yes, I'm in California, but my translucent skin has defeated the sun! Muahahaahahahahahahahaaaaaa!Hmm, I'm going to try to get another job down in San Luis Obispo, but the economy is in the crapper and there is plenty of competition, so...we'll see. ;)

ArtreriGreyjoy said:
;D Yes, I'm in California, but my translucent skin has defeated the sun!
I used to have a girlfriend who had translucent skin -- when one looked at her, it looked as if she had a light inside her, lighting her skin from within. Add to that the thick auburn hair that rippled down her back, and she looked like a fairy-tale princess. God, she was gorgeous. Sounds like you're gonna drive the girls wild, Artreri. ;)
Hmm, I'm going to try to get another job down in San Luis Obispo, but the economy is in the crapper and there is plenty of competition, so...we'll see. ;)
I thought you were going to college in the fall, to become an engineer?

Skin is peeling off my fingers, right between the two joints on my middle and ring finger.It also is looking rather fleshy and shiny.A very interesting thing, our skin isn't it?

I am going to college in the fall. My school is in San luis Obispo and I want to have a part time job as well. Hopefully I'll land a job at a place that has a branch here in Fairfield.*Eats Sil's stick*

TheSilver said:
Skin is peeling off my fingers, right between the two joints on my middle and ring finger.It also is looking rather fleshy and shiny.A very interesting thing, our skin isn't it?
omg :whatthe:... you must have a very severe scalding that you can see now this layer of skin. It's very vulnerable, so take care what you intend to grab :wave:

Funny thing is that is doesn't hurt. In fact it is healing rather fast.And nowfor something completly different:While I understand that Public Television is dependent on money from the viewers, I fail to understand their way of asking for money.I watch TV once a week, Saturday evening, specifically the following Programs: The Red Green Show, Red Dwarf and Doctor Who (gotta love Christopher Ecclestone). Now I don't understand why these "asking for money" things are labeled as "To be announced" both in the Program and the website of the station with both these source saying the aforementioned programs come that the normal time (the asking was supposed to stop at 10 PM) when it is quite clearly past twelve with no sign of ductape, Arnold Judas Rimmer or the TARDIS.To add on this, this is the second time this has happenend.Now if I wanted the support, I'd give the viewers what they want, when it is supposed to show with little reminders and no blatant lies.Now me, and Mr. Fribbles are very cross.For those that don't now Mr. Fribbles, here he is (the handpuppet):

Did I mention last weekend we had a "Summer company party"? The editorial staff of the gamer website http://www.ingame.de/index.php went on excursion. First we did canoeing on the Alster and then had a BBC.You can take a look at some pics, you find me on pic no 22 :wave: Peer is our generous boss, all others are colleagues.

PetraSilie said:
Did I mention last weekend we had a "Summer company party"? The editorial staff of the gamer website http://www.ingame.de/index.php went on excursion. First we did canoeing on the Alster and then had a BBC.
That sounds lovely; I hope you had a good time! (But perhaps you mean a BBQ, unless you ate a British news site for dinner. :D)Is working for that website a job, or do you volunteer there? If you're a volunteer, I have to wonder whether you ever sleep!
You can take a look at some pics, you find me on pic no 22 :wave: Peer is our generous boss, all others are colleagues.
Are you the woman in the purple shirt? It's hard to see much of your face, but you certainly look as if you're in good shape!

canoeing isn't easy if you never did it before. We were 3 poeple on board, one paddled on the right side, the other one on the left, the third here or there, he did the support and steer the course. It's pretty hard to navigate the cannoe straight ahead :hmmm: Many times we aground on the left or right side :whatthe:Ahem.... yes, of course I meant BBQ not BBC, it was quite late yesterday when I made the post :whistle:I'm the woman with the purple shirt. Yes, I was in a good shape... and when the trip was done I suffered from low-back pain... as all other who weren't used to paddle.

I've been in a canoe exactly twice in my life; both times I was with someone who claimed to know all about canoes. Both times, the canoe capsized, and both times, it wasn't my fault, it was the fault of the person who knew "all about canoes." I can only conclude that I'm a jinx. :pThe first time, my then-girlfriend and I were paddling along a lake, and it was all very idyllic. I said to Luann, "Hey, this canoe stuff is kinda fun. The only problem is that we have to be in the boat single-file, so you're too far away to kiss." She said, "Oh, I can fix that," and STOOD UP. I said, "Luann, no, don't ever stand up in a " SPLASH! Suddenly, there was a canoe on my head. ::) It took awhile, but we eventually managed to turn the canoe rightside up, then towed it back to shore.The second time, my husband and I were planning to camp on an island that was only reachable by boat. We put all our stuff in the canoe, and he said, "You get in the front, and I'll push off from the back, then I'll hop in." He pushed off, so the canoe, I, and our stuff were on the water, but when he went to "hop in," he discovered that the canoe was backwards, and he was trying to get in the wrong side. His attempts to get in flipped the entire canoe over, landing me and all our stuff in the water.We spent our "camping" trip in the local laundromat, scaring the locals by hanging out in the laundromat in our underwear while everything we owned was in the dryer. :-[I'm never getting in a canoe again, no matter how much the person with me claims to know about them! :whatthe:petra, I know you know what a BBQ is, because you used the word to me in e-mail. But the vision of you and your comrades eating the British Broadcasting Corporation was just too funny to pass up. :D

Who knows? Maybe there are more "Witcher's Gramps" in the RL as one may think :hmmm:Well, under those circumstances I understand that you have an aversion to canoes (and boats?). But just imagine there is an international Witcher gathering incl the devs who want to share a secret with us… in an atmospheric location… a fortress surrounded by a moat and no bridge. Everyone has to take a canoe to reach the witcher fortress. Do you still reject? ;D

PetraSilie said:
Who knows? Maybe there are more "Witcher's Gramps" in the RL as one may think :hmmm:
*laugh* That's cute!But please, not the BBC; I get most of my news from there. There are plenty of people I'd rather you ate, starting with a certain ex-president.... :D
Well, under those circumstances I understand that you have an aversion to canoes (and boats?). But just imagine there is an international Witcher gathering incl the devs who want to share a secret with us… in an atmospheric location… a fortress surrounded by a moat and no bridge. Everyone has to take a canoe to reach the witcher fortress. Do you still reject? ;D
Meanie! :-\It's been a number of years since my last canoe encounter. I'm fat enough now that I don't need a canoe; I can just float to the atmospheric location. :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom