Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maths was always a red rag for me
6 PM is an unfavourable for (math) classes. The day is almost over and then one has to learn and study. I'm an early riser and at that time I have the most energy and zest of action… could even attend math classes (but plz not everyday). Afternoon I'm getting lazy and I just want to relax or do things I enjoy.
Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Photos will be available when I got a new camera. I had no reason to buy one but I guess now I have.
Oh, I didn't realize your camera was broken, sorry! I'll live, don't let me twist your arm for photos. (Unless you want an excuse to buy a new camera, in which case, *twist*, *twist* :D)
Actually my camera broke many years ago and I didn't buy a new one. They were / are quite expensive and I decided I don't need one. But some decisions one can change ;D

My degree is Liberal Arts and Science, and I'm going to transfer to a school around here to get a master's in psych. I'm going to be a forensic psychologist while working on a Phd. I have many classes of psychology ahead of me. ;) My entire family is in law enforcement. In fact, my uncle has been the chief of police in my hometown since he was 19. He is in his forties now. My uncles are dispatchers. So Law Enforcement is in my blood. Petra,Don't feel bad. Math has always been that for me too. I excel at English and any other classes, but Math is my crucible. I just thank whatever higher power there is that my husband has a degree in Math. He helps me when I need it (which I do many times :D)As for mornings, I'm not a morning person. I would rather be surrounded my blankets, sleeping. My peek time is around 6pm. Then, I'm exhausted from whatever I did that day and my daughter. ;)Off to class, see you people around 2:30-3:00. I have to get my school ID printed today and a parking sticker for my car.

I've never been a morning person myself, I always wake up in the afternoon. So 6 PM is great for me.Never been good at math either, I admit. However, I heard my math professor/doctor is scottish, so between me and her we'll have few nice accents. :teeth:

PetraSilie said:
Seize the day 8) and don't sleep away the day.
It's easy to say that if you're naturally a morning person! Some people ... really aren't. As for me, my circadian rhythms must have entred the Federal Witness Protection Program, because I haven't seen them for a long time now. :D In the last week, I have gotten out of bed as early as 3:30 in the morning and as late as 6:00 at night. :pGood luck to all of our students with all of your studies!(Sorry for the US-focused joke.)

Corylea said:
It's easy to say that if you're naturally a morning person! Some people ... really aren't.
Isn't that the truth? It is sort of funny. Before I had my daughter, I was up at around noon or later. I had no reason to wake up. My husband worked and took care of me. (It's one of the reasons I am going to school, but I don't want to digress too much.) I always did my chores (laundry, lunch, dinner, picking up around the house) after I woke up. Then, I had me time. After the birth of my daughter, I was the one taking care of her. She has been with me non-stop since she was born. This is really the first time we had been separated. My sleep patterns had to change because of the newborn. Because Justin worked, I was the one up at all hours of the night taking care of my daughter. I am a real light sleeper also. It's not good. I will wake up almost every 2 hours now at night (when my husband moves, when he snores, when the cat scratches at the door, or any noise outside of the house).My husband finds it really hard to sleep at night. He actually has been prescribed medication to help him sleep. Growing up, my mother was really strict. Until recently, I did not realize that I was going to go into a field that she was pushing me into. When I went to college before, it was a school of her choosing. My sister and I had to go to bed at 9 pm every night. On weekends, we could go to bed at 10. This lasted until I went to live in a dorm. Imagine my surprise when my husband stayed up all night until 10 am before. He would literally sleep away the day. When he has his days off (and now when there will be no school), he sleeps away the day still. Now, my daughter, she is at the other end of the spectrum. It could be because she is still little and a child. She wakes up promptly at seven in the morning. Sometimes, as early as six. Every single morning (since she was 3 or four weeks), she greeted me with a smile on her face. And now that she can talk, she says, "Morning, mommy." It should be a crime to be that cheery in the mornings. I'm usually pleasant to talk to after my third cup of coffee :DOh, and the last math course I took was ten years ago. Ugh. Disliked it then too. :whistle:On a side note, I think I been writing and playing the witcher to much. My psychology is a basic course. Next year, I will be taking advance courses in that and sociology. I just don't hope I get them back to back like I did this semester. (I literally have psyc at 10:00a and socio at 11a) We had to read chapter one, and it was talking briefly about Gestalt psychology. I must have been really tired (and It didn't help I was writing more to my short story), I read it as Geralt. ::)Oh, sorry if this is a little scrambled too. I had a migraine today and still have that dull throb. Plus, I'm tired :D

You don't need an alarm clock when you have very young children :wave:"When I was young"… in the eighties (remember the song "Eigthies" from Killing Joke?) I was a late riser as well. One of the things which I enjoyed most of all when I moved out of my parents' home and had my own flat:[move]Sleep late![/move]In the eigthies there was no internet yet and I had nothing special to do at home. On weekdays I had my fulltime job and I had to get up early but not on weekends. Meet with friends, stay out late and sleep away the day 8)Now I always have things to do (the more so since I have my cute guinea pigs ) and I think, I will have enough sleep when I'm dead.

This is great 8) Seems Vilius is having much fun dancing with them... I hope he knows it's lethal to dance with Noon- and Nightwraiths :whatthe:
Whisperwind said:
Couldn't sleep day :D even if wouldn't sleep whole night, I just can't sleep at day, feels like loosing precious time :teeth:
Yes, that's exactly how I see this today :beer:

I'm trying to make the transition from morning person to night person. Kicking the awake at 8 am no matter what habit is difficult and tiring. Good thing I have a whole day to sleep away!Naturally, my school gave me practically all night classes. Ah, oh, well. I'll get used to it. This, my first ever semester at college, is starting off fast. My first day of class is the 22nd of September, but here's my schedule: aerospace fundamentals, technical foundations, calculus II, and freedom/equality in american history. Plus labs for the first two. Fun, fun. >.< lol

your mom sounds just like mine, ArtreriGreyjoy . I had to be in bed by 9:30 pm until i was 16! ... then i rebelled (more) and went from that to no curfew whatsoever, but then i left home at 17 ;)but i've always been an early riser and these days, it's just gotten ridiculous, i rarely get up *as late as* 6 am ... usually it's more like 5 am ;) ... and i certainly hear you on the light sleeping, it's a rare, rare night that i don't get up at least once (i don't bother counting periods where i am briefly awake, there are just too many)but, i am in the best mood of the day when i wake up ... it only goes downhill . I just love the quality of the light in the mornings, it's magical, not other part of the day is so beautifully lit :peace:... and i, too, married a night owl, but it turns out they are trainable (at least mine is) -- he now gets up with me :peace:

@game widow, I think you're mixing up Artreri with Corylea, that's quite a feat! :teeth:@Whisperwind, that's a nice picture. And Vilucard?! Somewhere Alucard is not able to sleep... :DAlso, give him round glasses, make the face a little rounder but also more conturs and it looks like me! :eek:@Artreri, that sounds like a hard schedule. Calculus II?! Wow, I'm in Intermediate Algebra... :teeth:How are you liking it?Didn't have any classes today but when in to College to buy my last book and audition for a play called "Third" by Wendy Wasserstein.The former went badly, the machine in the bookstore didn't accept my debit card...But the audition went brilliant! First I was the character Third and then I was aked to try an 70 year old, senile man. Everybody seemed to love that.And I got callbacks at noon tomorrow!Acting makes me feel alive!

An old and senile man? Not all old poeple are like that
*thinks of her retired neighbour, who isn't really occupied anymore and so he has to poke his nose into many things which aren't his business*

they must teach math in a strange manner in the US ... calculus is not difficult, some systems even considered teaching it to elementary school students, and it has little or nothing to do with algebra (also not brain surgery). Sure algebraic notation is used in many areas of mathematics, but i digress ...i loved calculus, it was the first bit of math that seem to have real applications :peace:and @The Silver, i did *not* confuse Artreri with Corylea, i confused her with DarkSavior :D

At our high school in the US (in West Virginia), they taught Algebra 1 & 2. Algebra 2 gave us a college credit (but it did not transfer out of state). You needed to take Alg. 2 to take Calc. 1. I was never interested in Math so for the first year I took applied math (statistics, ect). My senior year, I did take algebra 2. Because it did not transfer, I have to take it again. My husband has taken calc up to calc 3. However, he has a degree in Math (wants to be a math teacher) and was required to take it for his degree. @ The Silver and game widow, I'm easy to be confused with :D...I'm also easy to confuse :eek:

Silver, I'm glad to hear that your audition went so well! Finding something that makes you feel alive is so very important, and many people don't ever find such a thing (or find only the physical things that work for nearly everbody). It sounds to me as if you've found your calling ... I"m sorry it's one that's so hard to make a living at, but there are plenty of opportunities for amateurs, even if one makes one's living doing something else.Silver, are you living with your parents and commuting to the local university? I did that for the first two years, then moved on campus, and moving on campus was the best thing I've ever done -- one learns so much outside of the classroom. Of course, you've had a much broader life than I'd had at your age; I was basically not allowed to do anything as a child but breathe and read. My parents were too unsophisticated to realize how dangerous books could be. :evil:

Darksavior said:
...I'm also easy to confuse :eek:
Not only you. :teeth:@ Corylea, I'd like to move on campus, it's just expensive...Also, I just reached the place in Stranger in which Mike laughs, after seeing the monkeys behaviour.It's interresting, the whole book.edit: As I dislike to make double posts, I'll edit.Got the role and will have my first rehearsal tomorrow. I'm also at teh part in Stranger where Mike's church was burned.edit again: *blows the dust away*.Just finished Stranger. The ending is... strange.

Long week...started my (unpaid) internship at a corporate legal department this week.....and just got back from the local Oktoberfest where I had lunch in between classes, and supper after class today :beer:Anyone in the Cleveland, Ohio area (StarWolf, if you're reading this) stop by the Oktoberfest at the Berea fairgrounds this weekend and try the Combo Plate at Seven Roses (Siedem Róź). Large portions of cabbage and noodles and saurkraut, a stuffed cabbage, a pierogi with sour cream, a potato pancake, and kielbasa. :beer: Also the knockwurst with kraut sandwich at Der Braumeister's tent is good -- I recommend the Polish deli above it, though :) Also if you have a chance, watch the Russian dancers if you can catch one of their Sunday performances. I believe it's the same group that was there last year, and if so it should be a good one. And stop by the "Glockenspiel"/Jaegermeister stand on the hour for the silly performances the German dancers do on the roof of the stand (followed by throwing t-shirts and keychains and whatnot at the crowd below)....and yes, I realize I still need to post the new photos of the dogs from a week or two ago. Like I said, long week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom