Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy said:
WOW ! We are special /> . Being mentioned like this makes me fell all giddy inside . While both Witcher games are outstanding i do like the first one just a little bit more .

I humbly agree as I also like TW1 a little more. It has just so unique atmosphere and the music is simply wonderful... Besides, the whole fourth chapter is my absolutely favourite, especially the Lakeside location.

Fourth chapter in TW1 is one of the best experiences in all of gaming for me. Talk about being steeped in a game world. I've yet to see anything so poetic, or capture the feel of a setting. Although I think TW2 is substantially the better game, I too want to see TW3 center a bit more around Geralt's journey of self discovery.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans.

And one of the things I give thanks for today is all of the nice people here on the forum (no thanks for the not-nice :p).

Dragon's Dream, I'm sorry to hear that you had to spend half a day in the ER; that really sucks. I hope you're okay now? And do I read correctly? You've finished your program of study? Congratulations!! Do you have a job lined up? I hope you'll enjoy your job more than you seemed to like studying...

Volsung said:
I'll probably have to move to a different country sometime within the next couple of years (for personal/academic reasons) and I'm dreading it. Especially if we can't take our dog with us :(/>
Move to Boston! We have a LOT of universities here, including some really good ones. And there's someone here who'd like to have you around. ;)

I was gone for awhile because coming to the forum was making me sad. Things haven't been the same for me since Secondchildren left. There are still a lot of nice folks here, and I'm fond of many of you, but it seems like there's a lot more squabbling, too, and the constant arguing gets me down.

Guest 2091327

She has left? Thought I saw her post the other day. Really sad if she has :(

Hopefully things improve with more news of the coming game(s). Not a lot to talk about without news, and I guess people then start to split hairs over small matters.

I seriously don't see any more squabbling now than I did in the old forums. More controversial topics, yes. But this forum handles those pretty damn well.

Pangaea said:
She has left? Thought I saw her post the other day. Really sad if she has :(/>
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31857-keep-rolling/page__p__853411__fromsearch__1#entry853411

Corylea said:
Dragon's Dream, I'm sorry to hear that you had to spend half a day in the ER; that really sucks. I hope you're okay now?
Still feeling the effects of the medication, which has prevented me from doing anything really, including playing games (migraines suck). Getting better though, so I'll be fine in a few days. :)

And do I read correctly? You've finished your program of study? Congratulations!! Do you have a job lined up? I hope you'll enjoy your job more than you seemed to like studying...
Yep, all done. I am not interested in finding a job right now. I am just going to enjoy myself for a few months.

I enjoy studying (I am the type of person that spends entire afternoons watching the discovery channel :p), but 6 years of the same routine in the same place with the same people wears down on a person. This is especially so when the routine is stressful by design. In addition, there are the behind the scenes complications that you are familiar with (unfortunately), which makes university life even harder.

It was silly of me to study 3 degrees one after another with no break in between. I don't want to spend the rest of my 20's at university.

I was gone for awhile because coming to the forum was making me sad. Things haven't been the same for me since Secondchildren left. There are still a lot of nice folks here, and I'm fond of many of you, but it seems like there's a lot more squabbling, too, and the constant arguing gets me down.
I know what you mean. It almost feels like I have to put on boxing gloves before browsing this forum now.

Waaah! I am catless and soon to be dogless!

We're getting The Termite Man in today, and all pets have to be removed for 48 hours. The cats are already back at the old house for the weekend, Gwyn will spend the day outside and then go to join them (separate rooms!) tonight.

And we need new topics of conversation. Interesting, but not controversial. Hmmmm.

Cooking question. Do mussels or clams keep in the fridge? I steamed up a whole mess of them and don't want to waste the leftovers.

slimgrin said:
Cooking question. Do mussels or clams keep in the fridge? I steamed up a whole mess of them and don't want to waste the leftovers.

Within reason, if they've already been cooked. Personally, I wouldn't keep them for more than around 48 hours, but they tend to disappear before that anyway. If you plan to keep them for longer than that, I'd recommend shelling and freezing them.

I'd also recommend eating them cold, rather than reheating them, but you're probably intending to do that anyway.

dragonbird said:
Within reason, if they've already been cooked. Personally, I wouldn't keep them for more than around 48 hours, but they tend to disappear before that anyway. If you plan to keep them for longer than that, I'd recommend shelling and freezing them.

I'd also recommend eating them cold, rather than reheating them, but you're probably intending to do that anyway.

Yeah reheating them didn't seem to make sense but I was wondering if it's common to eat them a day later. Just wanted to avoid any possible food illness issues. Thanks DB.

slimgrin said:
Yeah reheating them didn't seem to make sense but I was wondering if it's common to eat them a day later. Just wanted to avoid any possible food illness issues. Thanks DB.

Well, I can't guarantee "no food illness", but if they make you ill after 24 hours in the fridge, they'd probably have made you ill when fresh too. (Just to make you feel better :)/>/> )

And don't try this with squid. Squid gets pretty rubbery and disgusting if it's kept in the fridge. Leftover squid is best given to the nearest cat.

(Actually, giving leftover squid to a cat is also pretty entertaining, especially if the pieces are fairly large and the squid has been cooked in a way that keeps it soft. Cats aren't very good at chewing through it.)

You know what the interesting thing is about having the forum insert /> every time someone edits/previews a post? It allows me to estimate how much time and effort someone puts into their posts.

This can be an indicator of people's personalities and behaviors. :p

Dragon said:
You know what the interesting thing is about having the forum insert /> every time someone edits/previews a post? It allows me to estimate how much time and effort someone puts into their posts.

This can be an indicator of people's personalities and behaviors. :p/>

Well, in my case, it usually means posting first and thinking second. :)

Dragon said:
You know what the interesting thing is about having the forum insert />/>/>/> every time someone edits/previews a post? It allows me to estimate how much time and effort someone puts into their posts.

This can be an indicator of people's personalities and behaviors. :p/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

Well, in my case, it usually means posting first and thinking second. :)/>/>/>/>/>

(I really need to disguise my personality better.)

slimgrin said:

They will keep for about a day. Discard the shells. I don't much like them cold. Reheat gently, and toss with olive oil, garlic, and pasta. If you have a steamer, you can get them reheated without overcooking them. I would not trust a microwave; it does not heat evenly enough. Steam is better.

Guest 2091327

Corylea said:
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31857-keep-rolling/page__p__853411__fromsearch__1#entry853411

Oh :(

Had not seen that. Probably wasn't very active here at that moment. Very sad to hear. Hope she comes back on a more regular basis later, maybe when a new game comes out?

Hope you are doing well Corylea, I think about you. If you need a break then by all means do so. Please don't leave though. This forum wouldn't be the same without you.

Dragon said:

This can be an indicator of people's personalities and behaviors. :p
Some of us re-edit our posts in order to take the extra "/>" out. ;)

Dragon said:
Had not seen that. Probably wasn't very active here at that moment. Very sad to hear. Hope she comes back on a more regular basis later, maybe when a new game comes out?
She left for personal reasons that I'm not at liberty to divulge, not because things are quiet while we're between games, so I don't know.

Hope you are doing well Corylea, I think about you.
Aw, that's nice of you to say. :)

I think about you, too, hon. I'm a lousy correspondent -- I still owe Volsung a PM from months ago, plus more recent PM's to you and Guy, and I owe e-mail to you and Secondchildren and Dragon's Dream and Vinterberg and several other folks. But I do care about a lot of the people here.

If you need a break then by all means do so. Please don't leave though. This forum wouldn't be the same without you.
I've tried to leave more than once but can't seem to stay away permanently. :p Much of the time, it feels as if this is my place ... until the sexists tell me that I don't exist, or CDPR rubs my nose in the fact that it's actually their place, and I'm not necessary to them.

Hello everyone, how are you today?

I for one, am spending my day with Pizza, Beer and Dreamhack Winter. Life is good on a free day.

Also our teachers have officially started their protest. That means probably 3 days of no school for now, maybe more later on in case they cannot reach an agreement. On one hand, I am happy that I can sleep and relax at home, on the other hand, this year is really important and missing lessons is not good for my future and I actually want to go to school and study this year. So all in all, I would rather go to school. Bummer.

Nice to have you around again Corylea. If you want to keep playing BG2 I'll be glad to provide some insight :)/>/>

I just had beer and jalapeño poppers, some with cheddar cheese and some with meat. All were great. Pretty hot too, I think there were a few seeds in there.

The other day we had homemade mini pizzas and I covered mine with jalapeño peppers WITH the seeds. It was delicious, but also burning hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom