Welcome to the new thewitcher.com!

+
Welcome to the new thewitcher.com!

Nice to see you here! We would like to thank you all for your massive support and feedback. It would be impossible for us to develop this site, nor know what you guys want to see in The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings, without you.We are truly and greatly thankful for that. [pagebreak]We are just in the middle of the process -a process of developing the game we love - and believe that it will be something to shake the RPG world. Thank you for helping us believe it. Please remember, you can follow our actions and see what are we currently working on via Facebook or Twitter. See you online!EDIT:Hi guys! We're terribly sorry for the delays and problems. We're still working on fixing some bugs. We're waiting for your feedback and comments.Please note, we'll probably apply some minor changes in the forum itself, so please do not forget to tell us, what do you think.See you online!

OOH, THE GREAT DOOR! I HEAR YOU ARE CALLING ME! YES, MY MISTRESS! I HEAR YOU! NOW I AM HAPPY! YOUR SONGS ARE MAGNIFICENT! SING MORE! SING ONLY FOR ME!So, yeah, cool site.

One thing at the beginning, Language change isn't working atm. Ok it does for the main page, but using "enter site" link redirects to english version. I can almost bet it has something to do with cookies and different domains but oh well.. hope you could fix that soon.Oh, and about the site itself. It would be really cool if you could put trailer soundtrack for download. I've already "watched" it dozen of times just to hear music in it.

Very nice. I'm liking it so far. It may take some time to get used to the layout of the message boards. The problem I am having is that my signature is not showing. Are only text signatures allowed anymore on the forum messages? I see the sig in my profile :)EDIT: The more I am here, the more I dislike this version. While I like the visuals, it's the functionality of it. It took me a few moments to figure out how to log it. Then, it took longer than that to find the inbox for PMs. I think there is to much mouse-overs, too few text being shown before the Read More is showed. I'm all for change, but it's seem someone went alittle happy on the mouse-overs.

Mothra

Forum veteran
well, from an information and navigation standpoint the new forum is a 100% all-around disaster. Did anyone's nephew need a summerjob ? 'Cause that's what it looks like."hi uncle. I got that totally unpractical but fancy looking design I wanna implement for quadrillions of euros"if you want to get to any information you have to click dozens of obscured links and fold-out/fold-in buttons and ....read whole post... arrows .....- Who in their right mind CUTS OFF posts and you have to "unfold" them to read ???? This is not TWITTER, this should be a forum- Why is there no "summary" for the different forums, right now you only have a headline you have to click.... you have to mouse-over to get #amount of posts, #last post, an information I want to have instantly....- Why is there no "see replies to your last posts/see new posts" links on the top of page ? this was ALL you ever needed ?- Why are the inputboxes for posts mini-sized ?- Why is anything I do on the forum now taking MORE steps and is hidden ?- Why does the forum goes back to the MAINPAGE after I posted in a SUBforum ?One could go on but if you hire a proper design company they could have told you that before wasting precious dev time on this "witcher-facebook" by way of "schoolproject". That certainly is a "modern look and feel" without any function and intelligence behind it .Sorry for the rant but as somebody working in the field I am always surprised for what ppl actually get paid and that they are allowed to repeat the same mistakes done on the former site/forum.

Forum veteran
EDIT FIRST: JEEZ, just me quoting someone took all the space. Make sure to read further...
mothra said:
... the new forum is a 100% all-around disaster. ... I got that totally unpractical but fancy looking design I wanna implement...
You're right. This is a disaster of sorts, but change may be good. Let's just give it the benefit of the doubt for the moment as all alpha releases are this way and that's what I'm treating it as.Wonder if anyone'll unfold messages? Personally, I liked the overview style the old forum had.Sure the site may be good and all, but the forum should be a seperate matter, practical and simple.Oh, and where are the smilies? On vacation like my avatar? Looking forward to replies.

Thank you for your comments. We will definitely pay close attention to those. Make them coming, people :)

I like the treatment the site for the first game's been given.And the old face.Heheheh.Also, i won't mind an option to turn off this read more thing. Sure it's fancy to have the game site with all sorts of stuff moving and unfolding and what not, but it's best to keep the forum practical without need to click and mouse over so much for basic info and options.

I like the "modern" and professional look of this new layout but at the same time I miss some features. For example we don't have any signature pictures anymore :< But what's worse, the site is now confusing and unclear. Is there somewhere the possibility of seeing replies in threads where I've already contributed etc.?

OMG!I was gonna do my normal "lurk" read of the forums and thought I had screwed up somehow, mysteriously and got here... LOLWOO HOO ramping up for W2!Sorry, I'm easily confused so I let my cat walk me through it. ;)

Reminds me of Facebook where many buttons are hidden when they revamped the page. Hmmm, new trend of making webpages?Seriously, turn off the read more thing. & I want my smileys back. ;)Overall, I like the new design. Cool. Just unpractical at times.

Put lightly, the new design looks terrible. Pls, let us use the old style of the forum.

Daerdin said:
Demut, on the very top you have 'filter' button. I presume, you will find it useful :)
I find it somewhat useful but it doesn't help me with the problem I described.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooool =D =D =D =D =D =D As I C your WEBDESIGNER have similar ideas for TW web design as I =D =D =D Look at my fansite: http://thewitcher.sk which I make 5 days ago xD ...This new official webdsite is GREAT DESIGN but I dont like transparency effect at sides of Categories bar (News, Twitter, Video,Game) but still AWESOME and IMPRESIVE job! =)

Naep'an you should totally sue CD Projekt and get some cash rollin' to your bank account. ;)As for the new site and forum I do like the look of it, but the window in which one types a message seems to be a bit small, especially when quoting someone.EDIT: Also at he bottom of the forum is this "info center" which lists all the stats, moderators etc. I think it is a little bit to big. The list of moderators and staff could be horizontal and not vertical, this way it would take less space. Keep up the good work!

I am a new comer with just one post on the old boards and was looking forward to talking about my new favourite game, but I am afraid I really, really don't like the new forum - sorry [insert slightly embarrased emoticon].The Read More...is terrible as you can't just browse down to read posts. What txt that does show is often just a quote from a previous topic.The main topic listings don't give you at a glance last post times, you have to hover your mouse over each and every one of themI can't make head nor tail of the search either.Terrible

I like the new forum design, the dark colour and the transparency :) As with all new things and changes it needs time to get used to it. Though I have to admit I will have a longer time to get used to the hidden information in the thread overview *hmmm* A few features are missing... the smilies, pix in posts and sigs but I guess this will be fixed soon *wave*

Top Bottom