Welcome to the new thewitcher.com!

+
Flash said:
In TW2 one chapter will be one huge area so there's the impression of much greater freedom.
Meaning just one of the areas will be huge? Or each chapter will be represented by a huge area?

slimgrin said:
slimgrin said:
In TW2 one chapter will be one huge area so there's the impression of much greater freedom.
Meaning just one of the areas will be huge? Or each chapter will be represented by a huge area?
From what I've seen thus far, I bet there are a lot of huge areas in the game..

Alek said:
All locations are huge. Every one of them is connected with one act, and you won't experience any loadings within!
Sounds awesome! In TW1, I loved to wonder around and discover some of the random elements on my own. Now all we have to know is this: will that strange monkey creature make an appearance :p

You can't really compare TW with Fallout/Oblivion. Fallout and Oblivion are a open world setting. TW is not. In TW, the world is restricted as there is a "proper way" or the "only way" of doing certain things. Open world games offer more flexibility. TW is mission oriented. In Oblivion you can forget the main quest completely and become a hunter or something. I've been playing a single profile in Oblivion for the past year and a half. Trying out new mods, developing my mods, testing them, exploring vanilla ruins, downloading more ruins and exploring them.My Oblivion folder is 35 GB in size at present. You know how much I progressed in the main quest? I havn't even been to the abbey yet.In games like TW you gain joy from the plot itself. In games like Oblivion there is no plot. Their attempts at a "plot" are so ridiculous that even they do not continue the sham anymore. They put in a minuscule plot to prevent it from becoming completely sandbox and focus on creating an elaborate world instead.
I so agree with this.I played oblivion and I had fun because I could fool around, but the main quest was just one oblivion gate after another. I prefer a story, something exciting. Thats what the witcher gives me. I dont need a completely open world, I need a plot!!!

DanConnors said:
I hope we're not talking "piracy" here, because I have absolutely no use for it in any shape, guise, or pretended idealism. The entire livelihood of the programmers who create these games is based on honest sale and use of their product. To pirate a game is as bad as holding up a normal working stiff at gunpoint.
Piracy? who talked about piracy? can you clarify this please?As for the Fallout "plot", it's just a farce.A tiny semblence of purpose the Devs tried to inject to an otherwise aimless world. However this is not the place to debate that. If you wish, continue this debate in fallout forums, as this is WAAY offtopic.

Never thought I'd agree with Demut on anything, but "Steam" really does suck. You can't play the game without installing it, and installing it was HELL. The game (New Vegas) seems very good. However if "Steam" is the wave of the future, we need to start building some very strong breakwaters to keep the damn wave out.

DanConnors said:
Never thought I'd agree with Demut on anything
Aw, come on. We merely differ on some subjects :< It’s not like everything we think has to be opposed to each other.Also, yeah, the game is good. I played it and the developers outdid themselves. I like it even better than its predecessor Fallout 3. And regarding the building of breakwaters, just don’t buy the game. Let the publishers know that you are fed up with their user-unfriendly policies. Also, sign a petition or write them an e-mail. I mean after ten thousands of rants they should get this broad hint or am I underestimating the arrogance of corporations?

Demut said:
Demut said:
Aw, come on. We merely differ on some subjects :< It’s not like everything we think has to be opposed to each other.
Awww. How sweet....
Demut said:
I like it even better than its predecessor Fallout 3.
How difficult is it really to be better than Fallout 3? Seriously you guys, what do you see in that game anyway?
Demut said:
Let the publishers know that you are fed up with their user-unfriendly policies. Also, sign a petition or write them an e-mail. I mean after ten thousands of rants they should get this broad hint or am I underestimating the arrogance of corporations?
You probably are. They'll just schedule a periodic cleaning of their spam folder and forget all about it. They know whatever and however you rant, you're gonna buy the game after all. That's all they care about.

Demut said:
Demut said:
Aw, come on. We merely differ on some subjects :< It’s not like everything we think has to be opposed to each other.Also, yeah, the game is good. I played it and the developers outdid themselves. I like it even better than its predecessor Fallout 3. And regarding the building of breakwaters, just don’t buy the game. Let the publishers know that you are fed up with their user-unfriendly policies. Also, sign a petition or write them an e-mail. I mean after ten thousands of rants they should get this broad hint or am I underestimating the arrogance of corporations?
You're underestimating their priorities which are purely financial. A billion e-mail rants wouldn't change their ways, but poor annual sales would. The only thing to do is not buy their games.

But the game itself is great. To not buy it is like throwing out the baby with the bath water. What I am doing is completely ignoring all prompts by "steam" to use it. If ten million people buy a game and no one uses a particular attachment to it, this will register. I'm sure there is some kind of "counter" being used to see how many "hits" there are on "steam". If the counter indicates virtually no use eventually "steam" will die quietly. It does cost money to develope it and stuff it in the games it's being used in. If it goes away and the company continues to charge the same price for the game, they will make more profit per sale. Cynical? Yes. But in these times a great deal of cynicism is warranted. For instance, I worked for the US government for 35 years, and as a result any time I read an article saying "Government studies have shown...." I completely disbelieve the article. I worked on some of those "studies".

I don't trust government studies either, i do my own at work so i know results always depend on the parameters you enter in the calculations.

Actually the studies show exactly what those who commission them want them to show. As an example: the Great Global Warming "studies" which came to an abrupt end earlier this year. It seems the Russians objected to the British completely faking the actual temperature readings in Siberia to claim the winters were getting warmer, when, in fact, they were getting colder. This made big news for a few days, but governments did what they always do when caught with their pants down. They completely ignored it, and retreated into the woodwork for a few months. Don't worry; they'll be back.

Vilgefortze said:
Vilgefortze said:
I like it even better than its predecessor Fallout 3.
How difficult is it really to be better than Fallout 3? Seriously you guys, what do you see in that game anyway?
More like: what do you not see in that game?
Vilgefortze said:
The only thing to do is not buy their games.
Well, I took that for granted. But they should know WHY the sales are dropping. Otherwise they might blame piracy for it again and increase the DRM even more, those dumb ignoramuses.Also, lulz at the the “global warming is a myth” conspiracy theory.

I installed Fallout new Vegas with all the patches on my computer but had no time to play yet, still playing CiV V.Sorry for the off topic.

Top Bottom