Welcome to the new thewitcher.com!

+
szypek26 said:
Then I'd say that our God has some problems with spelling and grammar :p
How can God be wrong? It is us who are wrong. Let us see the error of our ways and try to be like Him. It's really hard to stay on-topic in this thread .

Mods do their job. Do you see it as an authority show or what calling him god? If there is nothing to talk about in this topic, on topic, it should be locked.

I don't know how we got from red colour to godmode but maybe we should introduce an apple in the equation to make it even more interesting.

@fchopinQuestion:
fchopin said:
I don't know how we got from red colour to godmode
Answer:
fchopin said:
Well, the red print is an obvious referral to the Bible. Whenever God (or Jesus) was directly quoted, it was printed in red. At least it was in my 57 year old copy of Saint James's version of it.

That would be indeed helpful.As to why I let myself in for this off-topic discussion in the first place: There is no real topic, is there? This thread was supposed to thank us for our support so the only proper response would probably be a “You’re welcome” or something like that. Everything else is already off-topic, strictly speaking.

DanConnors said:
Could we possibly start a topic titled "Whatever"?
Anywhere except the news section it is possible to start a new topic.I suggest you travel around the forum more, right now all your comments are packed into several topics. Maybe you'll find something interesting.

Well....Before this new format was laid on us I was able to do that. This is why I don't like the new format. I am unable to use it nearly as well as the old. Ever present, also, is the probably baseless fear that if I do take the time and effort to learn this one, they'll just change it again--I'm not paranoid I'm right.

DanConnors said:
Well....Before this new format was laid on us I was able to do that. This is why I don't like the new format. I am unable to use it nearly as well as the old. Ever present, also, is the probably baseless fear that if I do take the time and effort to learn this one, they'll just change it again--I'm not paranoid I'm right.
Well, I came after the new format so maybe you (or anyone) could explain me the differences of them.... I suppose this IS on topic. (laugh)

One thing they could add to this forum that would be very useful to all of us would be an automatic spelling checker, like the ones built into every word processing program.

DanConnors said:
One thing they could add to this forum that would be very useful to all of us would be an automatic spelling checker, like the ones built into every word processing program.
Eh? When I type, I DO have an automatic spell checker. Maybe it's something with your computer?Actually I asked what was before, not what you want to change.

DanConnors said:
Yep. I can confirm. I have spell check too. But are you talking of something like in word where you actually get suggestions and stuff to correct your text? THAT is not present. Just a simple spell check that marks out misspelt words.

Misspelt??? Didn't know they had one. I'm not the only one, I believe. As to what came before; I got my first PC in 1990. I got a book on DOS 5 at the same time. I learned DOS thoroughly: how to figure config.sys. well enough to have 600Kbytes of conventional RAM left when all my drivers were loaded. In the 60's I learned how to use a slide rule very well. Both skills are equally useless now. Handheld calculators put the slide rule in the same category as the abacus. Windows 95 did away with DOS. This version of the Witcher's forum rendered everything I knew about the old forum as out of date as my sliderule and DOS skills. Useless. I tire of wasting my time learning new ways to do the same thing, only to see the new knowledge becoming obsolete overnight. An interesting exercise would be: the next time some bigshot's nephew devises a "new and improved" format, put it on the screen side by side with the old. Then sit back and see which system is used the most.

ok but if i have a Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz is this a slow cpu for it?(jut asking)because i kinda have it and most of the dual core cpu games are running normally in my computer :Di'm just a big fan with many questions.Just like you all are and you all have many questions too soo please some1 who's friendly enough to answer me this question, PLEASE answer me!!! With Love, Mario :D

Hi Mario, your computer should be able to run the game, if you have problems you can always lower the graphic settings.But we will not know for sure until the specs are out for the game.

I think the forum doesn't have a spell checker because in IE 8 misspelt words aren't underlined. Opera has a dictionary feature which checks misspellings by underlining.

Top Bottom