Welcome to the new thewitcher.com!

+
No, forum is not active because of other reasons - no language barrier or forum designIt just is like that before the release.........I hope it will be more active after that

TW-fan-BG said:
No, forum is not active because of other reasons - no language barrier or forum design
You can't say that. It's true that there's a natural decline in participation, given that TW1 has been out for more than three years, and TW2 isn't out yet. Sure, that's part of why this place isn't as lively as it was in 2008. BUT there was a small core of very active people who kept this place alive during 2009 and the first couple of months of 2010, when TW2 hadn't been announced yet and TW1 had been out for more than two years.SEVERAL of those formerly very active people -- people who kept this place going when it wasn't getting the attention that TW2 is now bringing it -- have told me that they have drastically curtailed their participation because of the change in forum design. Not so much because they don't like the look of the place now -- though they don't -- but because the community manager at that time brushed aside their complaints about the new forum as being unimportant. People heard "YOU are unimportant," and they went away. SEVERAL people have told me this -- several of our most active and helpful members -- so you can't say it doesn't happen.I'm a lot less active here than I used to be, partly for those same "CDPR told me I didn't matter to them, so why should I go there" reasons and partly because I'm hard at work on "Medical Problems 2: The Witcher Disease*."*Yes, I know that witchers don't normally get sick.
In the adventure I'm making, the stolen witchers' secrets were sold by Salamandra to someone else, and that someone is using them to make an illness that has overcome witchers' usual immunity.

Interesting Corylea, I had no idea this had something to with why all those I remember are gone. I have to admit losing a lot of the functionality of the older forum (including but not limited to what lost rio's card suggestion I use to keep as my sig) hasn't been a great thing to come back to, but it may have effected others more than me.I'd miss you though Corylea, you have done some amazing work with what is availiable to ya. I hope you do realize I mean it when I give massive props. ;)
Corylea said:
In the adventure I'm making, the stolen witchers' secrets were sold by Salamandra to someone else, and that someone is using them to make an illness that has overcome witchers' usual immunity.
I know & I'm still waiting for that continuation/conclusion, wondering how close you are now...

nme said:
Nice to see you here! We would like to thank you all for your massive support and feedback. It would be impossible for us to develop this site, nor know what you guys want to see in The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings, without you.We are truly and greatly thankful for that. [pagebreak]We are just in the middle of the process -a process of developing the game we love - and believe that it will be something to shake the RPG world. Thank you for helping us believe it. Please remember, you can follow our actions and see what are we currently working on via Facebook or Twitter. See you online!EDIT:Hi guys! We're terribly sorry for the delays and problems. We're still working on fixing some bugs. We're waiting for your feedback and comments.Please note, we'll probably apply some minor changes in the forum itself, so please do not forget to tell us, what do you think.See you online!
Well now 'cept for the fact that ever time I make a reply it tells me that I must log in. And than it won't let me post cause it says I'm not logged in. What is up with that?

redneck1st said:
Well now 'cept for the fact that ever time I make a reply it tells me that I must log in. And than it won't let me post cause it says I'm not logged in. What is up with that?
It happens to me too. They say it doesn't happen on Firefox. I'm using Opera. At least I can still reach my post when I hit the back button after it tells me to login.

redneck1st said:
I personally use Firefox and never have to login unless i clear the cache . When logging in just tick the box that says remember me and that`s it

Tommy said:
Tommy said:
I personally use Firefox and never have to login unless i clear the cache . When logging in just tick the box that says remember me and that`s it
Same here. When I click on "remember me", it never requires me to log in again. Until I clear cache and cookies.

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
Same here. When I click on "remember me", it never requires me to log in again. Until I clear cache and cookies.
Ok I'll give that a try and see what happens thanks for the help.

Hi Guys! Good day!Can you tell me the requirements in uploading an avatar? i'm working on mine but for some reasons the file i created just won't upload.Thanks for the help.Regards,

m3dyomakulit said:
Hi Guys! Good day!Can you tell me the requirements in uploading an avatar? i'm working on mine but for some reasons the file i created just won't upload.Thanks for the help.Regards,
There is no particular size req. A picture low than 100 px should be okay, jpg or png is better. I wouldn't upload a file up to 700kb. The forum should resize and fix the original image automatically. Just remind that width and height must be the same, or it will be squeeze.

Testing...testing...1, 2, 3. Can anyone see this? What happened to the delivery date of first quarter of 2011?

A new reason to hate this--new-- forum. When you hit enter it kicks you out of the topic and back to the forum main page. With about 2000 topics to pick through.

DanConnors said:
A new reason to hate this--new-- forum. When you hit enter it kicks you out of the topic and back to the forum main page. With about 2000 topics to pick through.
your browser does not have a Back button? :p ( also hit Refresh after :D )

I can get back easily enough. All I have to do is go back to my original e-mail notification and click the notification site message. What I don't understand is "WHY" I have to do this. My opinion is that, for whatever reason, you guys are going out of your way to mke this formerly open and easy to use forum as difficult to use as possible. Also I still don't know what happened to the first quarter delivery date. I'm sure info on this is located somewhere in the sprawl of this forum, but I don't feel like spending 8 hours looking for it. Here's hoping it turns out better than the Dragon Age 2 sequel, which--in my eyes--is a heartbreaking catastrophe.

Top Bottom