Well hidden details, quests or locations you can miss easily

+
Berengar's Blade (Kaer Morhen) has another chort, I think. But only if you find the schematic after you talked with Vesemir (got to do the main quest until the start of Va Fail Elaine). Else the cave is void of any foes.

You are right. Thanks. And you shouldn't have the schematic of the sword Tocheir if I remember rightly. In another case the quest doesn't trigger.

Warning Ending Spoler!

Talking about all these cool monsters...too sad that Geralt stopped being a Witcher in the Yennefer-ending. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Agreed! I think not just grom time to time but, If you "begged" her before even more often. (At the well or in the lighthouse you can tell her, that youre just too happy with the life of a Witcher)

One reason more to stay with Triss :beer:

She allows Gerald to accept a contract from time to time...
Sorry, but I have got to pull out the books club at that.
Lady of the Lake said:
He picked up his sword, which was hanging on the back of his chair.

“Here is your Sihil, Zoltan Chivay. I return it to you, with gratitude and recognition. It has been useful. It has helped me. It has saved lives. And taken lives.”

“Witcher…” the dwarf raised his hands in a defensive gesture. “The sword is yours. I did not lend it to you, I gave it to you. As a gift…”

“Hush, Chivay. I give you back your sword. I’ll no longer need it.”

“Quickly,” Yarpen said. “Pour vodka into him, Dandelion, because he is talking like an old Schrader when he fell into the mine shaft on his head. Geralt, I know you’ve a deep temperament and a sensitive soul, but do not talk such crap. As you can see, Yennefer is not here, just us old wolves. Don’t tell us old wolves stories of a Witcher not needing a sword, the world is not like that. You are a Witcher and you will need…”

“No, I won’t,” Geralt gently denied. “Perhaps this will surprise you old wolves, but I have come to the conclusion that it is foolish to piss in the wind. That it is foolish to stick my neck out for anyone. Even if that someone pays. And no, this is not an existential philosophy. Believe it, but suddenly, I have taken a tremendous affection for my own skin. I have come to the conclusion that it would be stupid to risk it in defense of others.”
As I see it, Triss forces him to remain in the lifestyle that he currently has, she does not "allow" him to do that. It is not what he really wants. He wanted to retire. To have peace. To not risk being chopped up and eaten by the next forktail or wading around through muck and stench on the hunt for the next zeugl. But no, Triss needs her personal pet witcher, nothing else.

And also, for their (highly disturbing) relationship to fully function, she would probably also need him to remain the man of her best friend, because that seemed to have been a major motivation for her crush on him.
Sorry for the digress, but this stung me really badly.

Sorry, but I have got to pull out the books club at that.
As I see it, Triss forces him to remain in the lifestyle that he currently has, she does not "allow" him to do that. It is not what he really wants. He wanted to retire. To have peace. To not risk being chopped up and eaten by the next forktail or wading around through muck and stench on the hunt for the next zeugl. But no, Triss needs her personal pet witcher, nothing else.

And also, for their (highly disturbing) relationship to fully function, she would probably also need him to remain the man of her best friend, because that seemed to have been a major motivation for her crush on him.
Sorry for the digress, but this stung me really badly.

No problem. I know that point very well. To be honest I distinguish between the story of the books and the games. So Triss of the books is another person like she is in the games. And between the games are differences too. If I remember on the Triss of TW1 and now. Sorry that can't be the same person in my opinion... So for me only the background of the world is always the same. So I dislike Triss in TW1 and I like her in TW3. Crazy I know but that's the way it is. :evil:

I would disagree here in the following part

It is not what he really wants. He wanted to retire. To have peace. To not risk being chopped up and eaten by the next forktail or wading around through muck and stench on the hunt for the next zeugl. But no, Triss needs her personal pet witcher, nothing else.

I think this is his opinion in this moment, but not in the whole book series (not to mention the games series). But okay I think this isnt the place to discuss this here :)
But I totaly agree with youre point about Triss.

I would disagree here in the following part

I think this is his opinion in this moment, but not in the whole book series (not to mention the games series). But okay I think this isnt the place to discuss this here :)
But I totaly agree with youre point about Triss.

Thanks you are right! That isn't the theme I mentioned by starting this thread. Let's concentrate in future on well hidden details. I'm sure there's more stuff in game... :gathering:

So I ask me by viewing some stonecircles in the area of HoS if there is a hidden quest like in DA Inquisition?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVUSXjw4As0

And then look thie stonecircle near Heddel for example... ]:->

Attachments

• Velen_9.jpg
    Velen_9.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Hmm, since I am trying to find any variations of quests involving Yennefer and try to explain her character with those scenes, I found several details, which I missed out the first or even second time, so that's nothing new, if you followed my other posts, but here are few from my memory, which probably most people missed in one way or another without knowing:

When you are at the wake with Yennefer at Skellige, you can optionally talk to several groups of people including 2 widows, who talk about their deceased husbands. After the talk Yennefer mentions that those skelligan women would make fine sorceresses with such attitudes, to which Geralt says that he doesn't know any skelligan sorceress, but Yennefer reminds him of Coral. A character in Sapkowski's latest book Season of Storms and a friend of Yennefer.

I think the best example of a quest with hidden details is "Lord of Undvik". The first time I played it I was so banned of the grwat dark atmosphere of Undvik that I didnt fin the part with the archer and the trolls.

If you saved him, this will also occur in the quest:
Obviously this is a reference to Priscilla's song.

I think there was also something with that crazy guy in that ship. If you gave him all materials he needed, he will try to escape? Sorry, I don't know it exactly anymore, but there was something.

The quest about Freya's Garden has a lot of variations and different dialogues depending on what dialogue options you choose and whether you did the morkvarg quest before starting it or doing it during the quest. The quest itself won't change much, but in particular few dialogues with Yennefer change completely.

After this quest you can decide to follow Yennefer back to Larvik, while doing so, she will comment on that. Most people probably say at the end of the last quest to meet her later there, so that's also something easy to miss:

If you and Yennefer are asking an ex-prisoner how he escaped the prison, he will run off. Normally you will have no problems to catch him, but if you take your time and you are too slow, Yennefer will teleport and stop him with magic.

There are a lot more variations and really minor details, but I think these are details most people probably missed by accident. If you want every detail, well, there is that thread :)

Sorry that it is just related to her, but I spent so much time on that, oh well...

Warning Ending Spoler!

Talking about all these cool monsters...too sad that Geralt stopped being a Witcher in the Yennefer-ending. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

It's more about being free to do whatever they want, but that's a discussion for being held somewhere else.

Hmm, since I am trying to find any variations of quests involving Yennefer and try to explain her character with those scenes, I found several details, which I missed out the first or even second time, so that's nothing new, if you followed my other posts, but here are few from my memory, which probably most people missed in one way or another without knowing:

When you are at the wake with Yennefer at Skellige, you can optionally talk to several groups of people including 2 widows, who talk about their deceased husbands. After the talk Yennefer mentions that those skelligan women would make fine sorceresses with such attitudes, to which Geralt says that he doesn't know any skelligan sorceress, but Yennefer reminds him of Coral. A character in Sapkowski's latest book Season of Storms and a friend of Yennefer.

If you saved him, this will also occur in the quest:
Obviously this is a reference to Priscilla's song.

I think there was also something with that crazy guy in that ship. If you gave him all materials he needed, he will try to escape? Sorry, I don't know it exactly anymore, but there was something.

The quest about Freya's Garden has a lot of variations and different dialogues depending on what dialogue options you choose and whether you did the morkvarg quest before starting it or doing it during the quest. The quest itself won't change much, but in particular few dialogues with Yennefer change completely.

After this quest you can decide to follow Yennefer back to Larvik, while doing so, she will comment on that. Most people probably say at the end of the last quest to meet her later there, so that's also something easy to miss:

If you and Yennefer are asking an ex-prisoner how he escaped the prison, he will run off. Normally you will have no problems to catch him, but if you take your time and you are too slow, Yennefer will teleport and stop him with magic.

There are a lot more variations and really minor details, but I think these are details most people probably missed by accident. If you want every detail, well, there is that thread :)

Sorry that it is just related to her, but I spent so much time on that, oh well...

It's more about being free to do whatever they want, but that's a discussion for being held somewhere else.

Thank you very much. A lot of helpful details! :cat:

The ghost ship appears always in this area...

I mean that I saw the ghostship in past in the red area. Today I have tested for few times. Today the ghostship appeared always exactly in the small green area... I hope it's helpful for you all ;)

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 186
During your travels in Novigrad, have you noticed that your controller vibrates sometimes for no reason? When you use Witcher sense, you'll find loose brick and get the side quest Hidden Messages Of The Nilfgaardian Kind. I found this during my first game but couldn't find it during my second. Now I just bumped into this again and thought to share it with you, in case someone missed this.

Attachments

• Novigrad_1.jpg
    Novigrad_1.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 433
  • Novigrad.jpg
    Novigrad.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 797
During your travels in Novigrad, have you noticed that your controller vibrates sometimes for no reason? When you use Witcher sense, you'll find loose brick and get the side quest Hidden Messages Of The Nilfgaardian Kind. I found this during my first game but couldn't find it during my second. Now I just bumped into this again and thought to share it with you, in case someone missed this.

Thanks for your post... It's a well hidden quest and after finishing this quest you have a additional option by speaking with Dijkstra at the end of the quest "Blindingly Obvious" ;)

Hello guys. I think I have found something new in my actual walktrough... ;)
It's a small new detail in Oxenfurt, but it was nice. I think nearly everbody remembers the two guards who demand some bribe near the harbor. Then a officer comes and scares them away. Now I come back to Oxenfurt from the East in the evening. Near a small hut these two guys expect me and want to pick a bone with me... Bad luck! Very bad luck... :evil: But a small advance: you can use Axii, pay the bribe or fight them. They are really strong like guards (red skull symbol!!!), but they die like every normal enemy... ;)
Here you can find them... in the red circle...

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
In the Blood and Wine DLC, search the spoons in the home of the spotted wight (in the first floor, not the basement with the billions of spoons), you will discover a spoon shaped key which will trigger a treasure hunt quest called "Spoontaneous Profits!".

At Kaer Morhen search the drowners corpses north of the Lakeside hut (see map) to trigger the quest "Monster Slayer".

View attachment 64301

Attachments

• Monste Slayer location.jpg
    Monste Slayer location.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 1,721
Getting back to Odrin - I know there are a ton of hilarious noticeboard notes about him, but I've never seen the actual NPC in the game. Mind posting where he is? :)

Also - another hidden quest that I only barely remember. In Novigrad, your medallion will vibrate and Geralt will say something about a bad smell near a particular intersection (I'm sorry I can't be more specific - like I said, I barely remember this). If you witcher sense and look around, you'll find a body and the start of a small sidequest.

Top Bottom