Well hidden details, quests or locations you can miss easily

+
What changed in the debugging console to make it pass . Certainly you have to change the selection .

- (Optional) Ask Dijkstra for help rescuing Dandelion.

Please, help me:(

Last edited:
What changed in the debugging console to make it pass . Certainly you have to change the selection.

If you mean getting help from Dijkstra without actually finding out where his treasure is, you can use addfact(q303_know_treasure) - but you will only get the optional objective if you do that before the point it is normally triggered at (when planning the ambush with Dudu and Zoltan).

B&W, in one of the pits near Fox Hollow you could find notes about the elves that use to live in the town, read them and its will open a new dialogue option with the town innkeeper, though it will not amount to much.

:boredom:

View attachment 68841
View attachment 68851

Attachments

• elven notes.jpg
    elven notes.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 422
  • The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2016.09.01 - 01.52.31.66.jpg
    The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2016.09.01 - 01.52.31.66.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 190
If you mean getting help from Dijkstra without actually finding out where his treasure is, you can use addfact(q303_know_treasure) - but you will only get the optional objective if you do that before the point it is normally triggered at (when planning the ambush with Dudu and Zoltan).
IT's WORK, THANK YOU!. When you can preview these comands? :)?

Last edited:
So... much earlier in this thread, people were already on Mount Gorgon with freecam mod and made reports about the photo of CDPR team on top of the mountain.

I made it there yesterday without any mods (I called this Roach while close to a border of Beyond Hill and Dale; after several tries, this Roach ended up halfway in the invisible border in a mountable state. And off we went.)

Since the photo of the CDPR team is already well-known, here's a view down from Mount Gorgon at this height.

Really beautiful. :)

And certainly higher than Kaer Morhen Mountain. :D

But more importantly: Mount Gorgon has got to be the most climbing-friendly mountain in the entire TW3. No rude craterholes, no sudden illusionary floor, no rude extra slippery slopes. I could even ski downwards from just that spot after I had enough without taking off the ground and breaking my neck. So, not even any need for a "no falling damage" mod either.

You can ride a lot of the way. Then, when the slope becomes too much for the Roach and it starts skiing, get off the Roach and do the bunnyhopping (just keep the jump key pressed) and wandering. The mountain's south-eastern side is really climbing friendly.

So, console users without freecam mod access: You can also view the photo of the CDPR team. :) Getting this Roach into position took some patience though. (Think of: "an hour or so, maybe two", just to get through the border.) I could do it due east of Wonderland, btw. Took an additional somewhat scary trek through the mountains below the castle in the clouds.

Just remember to NOT overwrite your save from before traveling out of Wonderland!!

Anyway, then you can take silly screenshots with your traveling partner and this Roach all over the map. ;)

View attachment 69021

Attachments

• w3_MountGorgon3.jpg
    w3_MountGorgon3.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Mount Gorgon has an even higher peak to the west of the CDPR photo. I should try and climb that as well; but I don't expect that the view of Toussaint is any better from up there, because the glacier plateau with the CDPR photo is rather large and should thus block off the view down to the duchy. Also, that mountaintop to the west looks suspiciously like it's not solid anymore. It's just a tad bit too far in the outskirts, too close to where the mountains suddenly break off.

Visiting the druid forest in this glitched stadium is also possible, by the way. The druid forest has some really gorgeous huge trees, but no wildlife at all of course; the elven ruins visible in the druid forest's south (opposite of the ruins with the recipes of that spoon treasure hunt quest) are curious, because they do not touch the ground.

In Corvo Bianco, the real Roach was not present - not sure if she should have been parking there; and there's no map to search for the Roach icon.
But I could have gone to play some gwent with BB. ;)

I plan to ride with the traveling companion into the palace and bring her to Regis for some funny screenshots; though I am not sure if traveling into Beauclair is such a good idea. Beauclair and Palace are still in the Night of Long Fangs state, according to the flying bats visible from a distance. In any case, bringing her to anywhere will most definitely not cause any odd premature quest advancements. She's stuck in the "That's one bean done" dialogue.

I really love this chance to explore. :)

Last edited:
In HoS if you dump all your alcohol before fighting the toad prince Geralt will ask some from Shani (rest of the scene is the same, had no impact beside this one line).
Nice detail! Thank you very much! ;) I will put it in our list of hidden secrets in our group! :thumbsup:

"It's a lute, looks like someone left in behind. Sort of looks like Dandilions..."

"His is scratched, someone beat him with it once."

:gathering:

I thought i´we seen it all. Its my 4th playtrough currently and just found the monster slayer quest for the first time!
Also didnt know you can actually find djikstra´s treasure.
Spotted this skeleton right in front entrance to kaer mohern. Is there story to this, or is it just random skeleton lying around.. Vesemir just lazy and doesnt clean?
Also went to the bastion at kaer mohern, and Geralt says somethin about training there as a kid. Am i missing something, the bastions haunted, and the events leading to that are much older than Geralt.. Am i right? So the bastion should have been cursed when Geralt was a younling..

I thought i´we seen it all. Its my 4th playtrough currently and just found the monster slayer quest for the first time!
Also didnt know you can actually find djikstra´s treasure.
If you are talking to Caleb Menge you can get the information where the money is hidden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trswd1BHymc: Then you can find the key by his body and that was it... But Djikstra is satisfied... ;)

Spotted this skeleton right in front entrance to Kaer Morhen. Is there story to this, or is it just random skeleton lying around.. Vesemir just lazy and doesnt clean?
It's just a skeleton I guess. I haven't found anything more about it... :(

Also went to the bastion at kaer mohern, and Geralt says somethin about training there as a kid. Am i missing something, the bastions haunted, and the events leading to that are much older than Geralt.. Am i right? So the bastion should have been cursed when Geralt was a younling..
It's a little bit complicated I guess. I mean there a two big connection points to the drill of the young witchers (the bastion with the same named quest and the cave of rituals in the north of it). But it's unclear when the events, you get informations about, happened...

---------- Updated at 02:12 PM ----------

BTW there was a discussion about that point of witcher history in past... If you are interested I can search it... ;)

Last edited:
Spotted this skeleton right in front entrance to kaer mohern. Is there story to this, or is it just random skeleton lying around.. Vesemir just lazy and doesnt clean?
Skeleton should be from the attack at start of TW1. Vesemir did not clean up the mess. :p

No, you're, as far as I gather from the witcherverse, mistaken about the timeline.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...low-witchers?p=2827801&viewfull=1#post2827801

In the game canon, there were two attacks on Kaer Morhen.

One happened several decades, but less than one century ago. That was the one during which the "Monstrum" pamphlets were written. During that attack, everyone present at Kaer Morhen at the time was killed, except for Vesemir, who the attackers thought to be dead. Vesemir had been a fencing instructor without any knowledge about the alchemical aspects of the witcher production process.

However, a bunch of witchers was out in the field during this attack. Thus, they survived. These witchers were: Geralt, Eskel, Lambert, Coen, Berengar. And maybe some more we don't know about. These witchers had received their training like all other witchers from various teachers, not just from Vesemir.

Why they never talk about the other teachers, that I do not know. Maybe because it's not very funny to mock the deceased. Maybe because they don't really have any fond memories of the other teachers - if you look at the teacher in the bastion, he was a downright asshole, after all... so, why waste time, breath and nerves to reminiscence about past traumata.

With so few witchers left and only Vesemir living in the keep most of the time, the keep fell into major disrepair over the decades. Also, the buildings outside of the main keep were both damaged during that attack, and fell into extreme disrepair, because nobody ever tried to repair them.

This first attack is also book canon.

The second attack is just canon in the games, not the books. At the start of TW1, the second attack happens. Savolla, Azar Javed and the Professor led that attack and caused the major destruction of the keep itself, with their frightener pet and with spells. The purpose of this attack was to steal "the witcher secrets" from the laboratory in the basement; it was all about alchemical formulae for the witcher production process, and Azar Javed/Aldersberg needed them for their project of creating a superhuman race.

Witchers present during this attack were: Vesemir, Geralt, Eskel, Lambert and a newbie called Leo, who was apparently recruited by Vesemir and in the beginner phase of physical and magical training. He was pretty decent with the sword, and he knew about "aard", but couldn't do the sign because he had hurt his fingers one day ago while sparring with Lambert (yeah, sure.) I don't remember if he was on a mushroom diet already or not, and if he received any tasty decoctions for dinner or not. However, there was a relatively functionally looking witcher laboratory right in the basement of the keep. Including a Sad Albert table.

How Vesemir suddenly knew enough about other aspects of the witcher production process than just fencing to train Leo, that we do not know (and probably, we're not supposed to nitpick about this plothole.)

If you walk around in the TW3 tutorial instead of running the walls together with Ciri, you'll see that the keep is still mostly intact; it's in a status before TW1. The Savolla breach isn't there yet.

In HoS if you dump all your alcohol before fighting the toad prince Geralt will ask some from Shani (rest of the scene is the same, had no impact beside this one line).

Since HoS is mentioned, I don't know if this was posted before, but if you extinguish the candles that surround the pentagram where Gaunter trapped the professor in Oxenfurt, a wraith shriek will happen, which means Gaunter indeed was "protecting" him from an evil spirit summoned by himself, how very generous of Gaunter.

Last edited:
There is a easy to miss treasure hunt quest called "Ruin, Hidden Treasure, You Know...", it's located at Undvik, Skellige. Go to the Dorve Ruins and near the travel post you will find a skeleton with a map and key that will activate the quest.

View attachment 70391

Attachments

• Ruin, Hidden Treasure, You Know....jpg
    Ruin, Hidden Treasure, You Know....jpg
    253 KB · Views: 631
Top Bottom