Well hidden details, quests or locations you can miss easily

+
Well hidden details, quests or locations you can miss easily

It's a point of interest for me for a long time.

Sometimes I found by searching in the web new details I missed in 3 playtroughs (!!!) before. And you can believe me: I play in a very systematic and perfectionist way... So why doesn't exist a list with these hidden details anywhere?!

I start now and give you an example so that everybody can understand my real suggestion:

By the contract Woodland beast
you can spare the Scoia'tael and their female leader. Then you have two possibilies to finish the quest by the Redanian officer. You can tell him you've found nothing or you can say that the assaults are taken by elves. I've never chosen that last way because it's in my opinion not really fair to the elves. And now I found very well hidden on a forums page that if you tell the guard about the Scoia'tael you'll meet their leader again by night in the area of the Glory gate...

Reference:
http://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/Contract+Woodland+Beast

You find the important information in the last text lines under the rubric notes and trivia.

Have you informations about interesting and very well hidden details like that?! Post it please! THX

Last edited:
You can encounter Moritz (Triss "friend" from the party) being burned at a stake next to Glory gate.
You can let him burn or save him with Aard. If you save him, and Triss is still in Novigrad, you can send him to Triss and he will be there when escaping Novigrad.

Thank you. That's a good point. :thumbup: I missed in my first two playthroughs because that scene is bugged on PS4... The stake is burning but nobody is to see on it. You must delete the fire with Aard, fight the witch hunters and then the video with Moritz starts out of nothing... :lol:

I think a lot of players have missed that scene too because after finishing the Triss questline Moritz is burned!

You can encounter Moritz (Triss "friend" from the party) being burned at a stake next to Glory gate.
You can let him burn or save him with Aard. If you save him, and Triss is still in Novigrad, you can send him to Triss and he will be there when escaping Novigrad.

Wow! I saw how the people were preparing the pyre but I've never seen anything more. How you get that quest?

To @Boromir2015

I get mixed feelings about this... It's nice that you can discover every secret in this game, it really is, specially in such a huge game like this. There is so much details that unfortunately go unnoticed, even after several playthroughs. Those details deserve to be seeing! That is just so great work from CDPR.

Few days ago (yesterday?) I was collecting those ? marks in the eastern Velen/Novigrad and found new (painted elf) person in distress. Newer seen this guy before. First time I was actually listening where this (person in distress) guy was heading, 'cause I didn't hear actual place where he was going. I started to follow this guy and talked to him again. He just kept telling me that he's going to "nearby" camp and that he had something for me. I looked at my map and didn't see any "nearby camps". So I just kept following that guy. Eventually he traveled into a small camp and he was a merchant! Still no quest markers, no ?'s, no merchant's sack, no buildings, no nothing in that map spot, if you wanted to go back later.

I think that during my first game I also helped that guy, but wasn't following him then and never found him afterwards. Now I was so happy that I found this simple new thing.

So I don't want to miss those moments of discovery (which are very good reasons to play again!), but I want to see everything in this game :blink:

Last edited:
To @Boromir2015

I get mixed feelings about this... It's nice that you can discover every secret in this game, it really is, specially in such a huge game like this. There is so much details that unfortunately go unnoticed, even after several playthroughs. Those details deserve to be seeing! That is just so great work from CDPR.

Few days ago (yesterday?) I was collecting those ? marks in the eastern Velen/Novigrad and found new (painted elf) person in distress. Newer seen this guy before. First time I was actually listening where this (person in distress) guy was heading, 'cause I didn't hear actual place where he was going. I started to follow this guy and talked to him again. He just kept telling me that he's going to "nearby" camp and that he had something for me. I looked at my map and didn't see any "nearby camps". So I just kept following that guy. Eventually he traveled into a small camp and he was a merchant! Still no quest markers, no ?'s, no merchant's sack, no buildings, no nothing in that map spot, if you wanted to go back later.

I think that during my first game I also helped that guy, but wasn't following him then and never found him afterwards. Now I was so happy that I found this simple new thing.

So I don't want to miss those moments of discovery (which are very good reasons to play again!), but I want to see everything in this game :blink:

To @Sunsibar

Thanks you for your post. By this elf I had good luck by first playthrough. He talked to me that I should follow him and so I did... >:D But I'm sure some people miss it till today.
So I love such moments of discovery too. But that's my fourth playthrough (!!! I know I'm completely crazy :wacko: ) and I decided it will be my last until next summer after release of BaW. And then this forum will be anymore so active like now and I will have forgotten so much... So it's my last chance for the next time to get a perfect walkthrough...

And so your help for the "Botanic garden" in Kaer Morhen was awesome for me. I never discovered that area where you hunt together with Eskel for a second time. And in german guides I never heard about that quest... For that thanks again...:innocent:

Last edited:
Wow! I saw how the people were preparing the pyre but I've never seen anything more. How you get that quest?

It's not really a quest, there is no update in your journal AFAIK. just a little detail. You can save Moritz even after Triss left Novigrad, but you won't see him again.

It's very easy: After quest "A Matter of Life and Death" you must enter Novigrad through the "Glory gate". In front of the gate you can see a mob and the stake. But you must have this entcounter before you start "Now or never"

You can save Moritz even after Triss left Novigrad, but you won't see him again.

That's not entirely accurate. If you say to him he should go to Triss you will meet him again
in the cellar of the inn "The King fisher".
:angel:

And I have two another points for this collection:

1.) In Skellige the werewolf you can meet only at night between 12.00 PM and 1.00 AM in the north of the village Arinbjorn.
2.) In the north of the small village Sund near the hidden treasure on the coast you can find Birna Bran
chained to the rock but only if you helped Cerys in the quest "King's gambit"!!!

Here' a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaH_gviB2-4

Last edited:
To @Sunsibar

And so your help for the "Botanic garden" in Kaer Morhen was awesome for me. I never discovered that area where you hunt together with Eskel for a second time. And in german guides I never heard about that quest... For that thanks again...:innocent:

Where can I find this quest?

I think the best example of a quest with hidden details is "Lord of Undvik". The first time I played it I was so banned of the grwat dark atmosphere of Undvik that I didnt fin the part with the archer and the trolls.

Where can I find this quest?

Right quest name is Greenhouse effect.

Video includes spoilers, but at the beginning it shows map location where you can find this.

---------- Updated at 03:45 PM ----------

Nice to read you again... :beer:

Here's the thread with an detailed video... The quest is called the "Greenhouse effect".
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/61907-Botanic-Garden-surprise-(Spoilers)

Ah! Boromir already answered this :D Didn't see that post until too late...

Wow cool quest. And I could fight my favourite monster too. Do you know where else I can finde some of these? (monsters I mean) The only thing I dont like is that the riddle was too easy.

Wow cool quest. And I could fight my favourite monster too. Do you know where else I can finde some of these? (monsters I mean) The only thing I dont like is that the riddle was too easy.

These two places I remember now.
On the left one the monster respawns (up to patch 1.10)...

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 4,255
No problem. (Yea I play the german version too) I only found two Chort (or Tschorts in german) one in "The greenhouse effect" and one in this quest where a Tschort killed a Bies.

No problem. (Yea I play the german version too) I only found two Chort (or Tschorts in german) one in "The greenhouse effect" and one in this quest where a Tschort killed a Bies.
Yes the chorts I mean "Die Brüllaffen" are a very rare species in The Witcher universe. "Brüllaffe" I like it!!! :hrhr:

Berengar's Blade (Kaer Morhen) has another chort, I think. But only if you find the schematic after you talked with Vesemir (got to do the main quest until the start of Va Fail Elaine). Else the cave is void of any foes.

Top Bottom