Well hidden details, quests or locations you can miss easily

+
Getting back to Odrin - I know there are a ton of hilarious noticeboard notes about him, but I've never seen the actual NPC in the game. Mind posting where he is? :)
Novigrad. Poor man's docks north of Portside/Warehouses, west of bridge to Temple Isle, just west of where Dijkstra's sewers exit is.

There's a shanty town hut of sorts, a pauper merchant who sells empty bottles, and a signpost that this is the "Odrin and friends" store.

Odrin is dead drunk and asleep next to the merchant.

Getting back to Odrin - I know there are a ton of hilarious noticeboard notes about him, but I've never seen the actual NPC in the game. Mind posting where he is? :)

Also - another hidden quest that I only barely remember. In Novigrad, your medallion will vibrate and Geralt will say something about a bad smell near a particular intersection (I'm sorry I can't be more specific - like I said, I barely remember this). If you witcher sense and look around, you'll find a body and the start of a small sidequest.

Was it this quest? (SPOILERS in the link)

https://www.vg247.com/2015/05/21/the-witcher-3-a-feast-for-crows/

Oh that's an old stuff... ;) You can found that body very easy near the "Rosmary and Thyme" if you use the witcher sense... ;) But it's a nice sidequest in which you can form a first impression about the beaviour of Cleaver and his gang... So it is recommendable to do this quest very early to use the "right" decisions in behavior to this gangster in the later main quest line... ;)

I don't know how common this is but one time I went swimming with the whales. I've seen them above water before but never below the surface except for this one time:

I actually drowned trying to chase it down. :nice:

Not sure if someone mentioned this quest before. Close to Blackbough you can find an old lady and start a nice side quest. The quest can be triggered only at night and can be easily missed. Just open the map at night and there you'll see the ! mark.
View attachment 64341

Attachments

• 13702483_1742894805951716_786838475_o.png.jpg
    13702483_1742894805951716_786838475_o.png.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 490
Not sure if someone mentioned this quest before. Close to Blackbough you can find an old lady and start a nice side quest. The quest can be triggered only at night and can be easily missed. Just open the map at night and there you'll see the ! mark.
View attachment 64341

That's a good point! And after the newest patch the quest triggers correctly... In past it was often a problem... ;) I remember how often my Geralt sat on the bridge at night and nothing happens... ;)

View attachment 64341

it actually easy to find if you compete in the Velen races as the woman is en route.

And only IF you've done the elven ruins together with Keira and received the magic lamp yet, I think? There is at least a little scene on the graveyard that you can watch with that lamp. For which, well, you need the lamp.

Not really. I don't know exactly after the newest patch (1.23 on PS4) but in past the quest has worked fine without Keiras lamp too. Because the seeing of the two ghosts is only a bonus in my opinion. Geralt comment on the beginning of the quest "Where has the old lady gone?" and later in the conversation with the granddaughter he gets the definite information that she must be a ghost.
@Ingsoc85 Yeah, it's true and funny. If Geralt makes all three races in quick succession, he waits between the races always nearly 24 hours, because every race starts at 11PM in the night :lol:

Last edited:
Not really. I don't know exactly after the newest patch (1.23 on PS4) but in past the quest has worked fine without Keiras lamp too. Because the seeing of the two ghosts is only a bonus in my opinion. Geralt comment on the beginning of the quest "Where has the old lady gone?" and later in the conversation with the granddaughter he gets the definite information that she must be a ghost.
@Ingsoc85 Yeah, it's true and funny. If Geralt makes all three races in quick succession, he waits between the races always nearly 24 hours, because every race starts at 11PM in the night :lol:
In that case, there seem to be differences between the Gog version and the PS4. The quest has some other prerequisites than just "be there at night" in my version, and it correlates usually to whenever I try it after having finished Keira's questline.

In that case, there seem to be differences between the Gog version and the PS4. The quest has some other prerequisites than just "be there at night" in my version, and it correlates usually to whenever I try it after having finished Keira's questline.

That's possible of course... ;) And the quest had a small bug with triggering in past too (on PS4). But I thought always it's only small gimmick that you can see the both ghost if you have Keiras lamp, because there's no entry in your quest log. I have compared it always with the digger near Frischlow for example... ;)

Novigrad. Poor man's docks north of Portside/Warehouses, west of bridge to Temple Isle, just west of where Dijkstra's sewers exit is.

There's a shanty town hut of sorts, a pauper merchant who sells empty bottles, and a signpost that this is the "Odrin and friends" store.

Odrin is dead drunk and asleep next to the merchant.

Always wondered whats the thing with Odrin.

Always wondered whats the thing with Odrin.
You mean who Odrin is?

TW2 spoiler
Act 2, Roche path. The military camp is lacking a bit on the "interesting people" side, but Odrin is one of the few with some sort of a personality and a name. He has a bunch of drinking buddies, all drunk senseless. He himself is dead drunk and out of camp. The drinking buddies, spread all over the camp, stand there and shout: "OOOOOODRIN!" like lunatics.

You'll have to deal with them for revealing a conspiracy amongst the soldiers. This involves finding Odrin, getting him back into the camp and then getting drunk to show that you're a dude just like them and thus to be trusted.

View attachment 64341

Do you have a name for that quest? I can't remember seeing this one ??? Have I missed something again!

In Novigrad go to the sewer via the entrance behind the Var Attre villa, in the first room you will find (after killing a water hag and a few drowners) an illusion, dispel it to find a secret room.

There isn't something substantial to loot there, so I assume it was part of a quest that got cancelled.

In Novigrad go to the sewer via the entrance behind the Var Attre villa, in the first room you will find (after killing a water hag and a few drowners) an illusion, dispel it to find a secret room.

There isn't something substantial to loot there, so I assume it was part of a quest that got cancelled.

I fear too, but It's also possible, that it should just show us, how "deep" the mages must live in the underground... :evil:

Top Bottom