Well hidden details, quests or locations you can miss easily

+

Guest 3847602

For anyone interested, you can find the starting location of every sidequest here:

Some quests in Skellige (Yustianna Disturbed, Crime and Punishment, A Bard’s Beloved, From a Land Far Far Away...) are almost impossible to find without the map. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone interested, you can find the starting location of every sidequest here:

Some quests in Skellige (Yustianna Disturbed, Crime and Punishment, A Bard’s Beloved, From a Land Far Far Away...) are almost impossible to find without the map. :)

You forgot to include Berengar's Blade.

View attachment 64471

Attachments

• Berengar's Blade location.jpg
    Berengar's Blade location.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 428

Guest 3847602

You forgot to include Berengar's Blade.

View attachment 64471

Yup, the chest is in the room behind the area where Vesemir and Mousesack prepare for the battle of Kare Morhen. In my 1st playthrough I already obtained Tor'haerne diagram as some random loot in Velen and I couldn't start this quest. I didn't make these maps though. ;)

Alright. I'll add stuff on the list.

1. You can get Triss' earring by the bed in Kaer Morhen and give it to her once you meet again. It's a little flirty chat, plus an additional overall look for Triss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcDqIrMJPNs

2. There is a riddle treasure in Ard Skellig, there is no particular quest for this, but still worth checking out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIdoW-2z2j0

3. During the Beast in the Oxenfurt Forest, if you did it around dusk or night time, you'll be able to fight the Griffin immediately. After that, you might want to check the nest to find a note that the contract giver is cheating you. Confront the mercenary and receive more gold than the agreed amount.

4. From @Sunsibar - There is a basement by the Reardon Manor. There you'll find more stories about the history of the manor. :)

I just learned that, in Toussaint, during the quest where you need to help the Duchess get the three items, you can Axii the "unicorn" (Which leads to some pretty funny comments from the other participants.), and swim directly to the golden fish and take it without having to steal it from that guy that caught it before you.

@DinkzOfRivia when do you find the earring? at the prologue?
You can find it between your arrival at Kaer Morhen during Ugly Baby and the battle. You can probably return to Kaer Morhen in act 3 and give the earrings to her also, but I am not sure if she's responsive about them after they've left Novigrad towards Skellige.

I also discovered an alternative to Knight's Tales in B&W DLC.

So, if you picked up the bones underneath the hut of the witch of Lynch Crag before meeting her, you can choose to lift the curse yourself.
This way, you'll be able to lift the curse for a non-violent ending without giving the witch a lock of your hair. Just make sure to ask the witch what happened to the knight.

I also discovered an alternative to Knight's Tales in B&W DLC.

So, if you picked up the bones underneath the hut of the witch of Lynch Crag before meeting her, you can choose to lift the curse yourself.
This way, you'll be able to lift the curse for a non-violent ending without giving the witch a lock of your hair. Just make sure to ask the witch what happened to the knight.

It's wonderful they thought of that isn't it? That cave just happened to catch my eye I was leaving the witch's house and I found the bones. I'm glad dialogues don't always lock you into certain quest solutions.

@cyberpunkforever:

During your ascend to the witch's hut, you most likely discovered 1 or 2 cave entrance markers, since they're beneath the path up to the hut. Explore this cave thoroughly, including climbing up some rocks, and you will find the remains of the dead knight.

I explored the cave after having talked to the witch (without being humble) and could also lift the curse. So it might not matter if you grab the bones before or after your chat with the witch.

You mean who Odrin is?

TW2 spoiler
Act 2, Roche path. The military camp is lacking a bit on the "interesting people" side, but Odrin is one of the few with some sort of a personality and a name. He has a bunch of drinking buddies, all drunk senseless. He himself is dead drunk and out of camp. The drinking buddies, spread all over the camp, stand there and shout: "OOOOOODRIN!" like lunatics.

You'll have to deal with them for revealing a conspiracy amongst the soldiers. This involves finding Odrin, getting him back into the camp and then getting drunk to show that you're a dude just like them and thus to be trusted.

Haha. Yeah i think i remember the quest from W2 now. I did notice him on the notice boards couple times, but didnt make the connection to w2.

I just noticed this yesterday.
But if you managed to win the tournament during Warble of a Smitten Knight, you'll find your crest on the poles of the arena.

During "The Beast of Toussaint" approach Palmerin at night about a meeting with the duchess, he say he can't approach her at this hour and Geralt instead with start to tell him what he learn so far about the beast - then the stroy is fast forward to morning when they both ended up discussing about their past encounter with a Succubus, though sadly we didn't get to see that bit :scold:

During "The Beast of Toussaint" approach Palmerin at night about a meeting with the duchess, he say he can't approach her at this hour and Geralt instead with start to tell him what he learn so far about the beast - then the stroy is fast forward to morning when they both ended up discussing about their past encounter with a Succubus, though sadly we didn't get to see that bit :scold:

That's freaking awesome. Do you have a video?

Can't get this one to trigger. :/
Same in my current NG+. I think there must be some prerequisites (other than "it just has to be at night".)

Place a custom marker there and try again once in a while. It has always triggered in all my playthroughs so far at some point, so I am still optimistic that it'll trigger for me at some point.

I thought it might have been Keira's questline (because of the magic lamp for the little extra scene on the graveyard) - but nope, not just that.
Then I thought it might be Forefather's Eve - nope
Now I think it might be finishing the Velen mainquest - won't see that for a while this time, so no clue.

Or maybe my adventures about "I wonder if I can skip quest steps" this time (i.e. Heatherton before Inn at the Crossroads for this area) screwed things up. ;)

Top Bottom