Well hidden details, quests or locations you can miss easily

+
In HoS after you defeat the Golem (located South-East of Bowdon) you could read the noted of his creators who, among other things, mention Geralt fight with the Golem from Witcher 1, really gave me a flashback to when I played it all this years ago.

The treasure hunt "X marks the spot" is cleverly hidden in some ruin of a house southeast of Blandare (east of the lake).

And I ran into a smuggler cache without marker just west of the bandit camp isle between Giant's Toes and An Skellig.
​Well, it ran into my boat, that is. *grr*

In HoS after you defeat the Golem (located South-East of Bowdon) you could read the noted of his creators who, among other things, mention Geralt fight with the Golem from Witcher 1, really gave me a flashback to when I played it all this years ago.

Yes, Especielly in HOS I have mentioned a lot of flashbacks to TW1... I mean Shani herself is the biggest one of course... Principally the knights of the "Eternal flame rose"... The option to speak with their leader about Sigfried von Denesle. Then the golem you told about... But I believe to remember that there were some more flashbacks... ;)
In the main game I remember only one real flashback: The letter of A. you can find by the bookseller in Novigrad. But that's a nice detail too...

---------- Updated at 01:07 PM ----------

Another small detail you can miss easily in HoS. In the village Heddel Geralt can find inside a cottage the attractant for Arachasae which is described in the journal of the crazy guy who tried to create an harpy-airforce... ;)

Last edited:
- mysterious giant brown bear (berserker?) funeral site on "the island with the tree", south of Undvik, next to the ship with all the gruesomely slain continental soldiers
- mysterious ritual murder / cannibalism-flavoured little island up there in the north, with a dead Skelliger being hanged by his feet.
- crate with some random loot on top o the mountain near Kaer Muire (that's a mountain top we're obviously supposed to visit)
- remains of a small ship on top of Undvik mountain range, near Folan and the riddling trolls. That's right, someone brought a boat to the mountain tops.
- visiting the pimpernel succubus (but not taking a pimpernel then) before really starting Practicum in Alchemy leads to curious new dialogue lines, but also to a total lack of footprints near the picked pimpernel stumps, making it harder to not break the quest a bit then by straying too far..
- doing Lord of Undvik before the wake or even earlier also leads to some amusing dialogue lines with Folan, Hjalmar and Crach.

- Kaer Morhen during tutorial: the breach in the wall is not there
- Kaer Morhen during tutorial: that bed is not lying around there yet, and the chest with Berengar's Blade note is rudely locked away.
- Kaer Morhen during tutorial: you cannot drop down from the wall to explore the surroundings. There are lethal electrocuted boundaries (like those down the hill's side during the funeral much later on), so I am not sure if a "no falling damage" mod would help.
- Kaer Morhen during tutorial: generally locked or rudely blocked gates. Also some invisi-walls. I wonder if there's a way out of the keep anyway, since CDPR went so much out of their way to keep us inside.

This vid is not so thrilling, I know, but it could be very interesting for people who search for more recipes at the beginning of their walkthrough on the Velen map. I have tested and I got a recipe in all of these chests too... And it's eays to miss them... So it's nearly perfect for this thread... ;)
So here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL4JCW0cjgc ;)

Last edited:
In the main game I remember only one real flashback: The letter of A. you can find by the bookseller in Novigrad. But that's a nice detail

Oh, there are tons! Vetala mentioned in quest with troll and nekkers, Blue-eyed mentioned in gwent tournament quest, Berengar, Salamandra and Leo mentioned in Kaer Morhen, Thaler, letter to de Wett, Declan Leuvaarden mentioned on the notice boards, Kalkstein mentioned by Elihal, Velerad mentioned in one of the hidden treasures quests. And I believe there are even more of them :p

Oh, there are tons! Vetala mentioned in quest with troll and nekkers, Blue-eyed mentioned in gwent tournament quest, Berengar, Salamandra and Leo mentioned in Kaer Morhen, Thaler, letter to de Wett, Declan Leuvaarden mentioned on the notice boards, Kalkstein mentioned by Elihal, Velerad mentioned in one of the hidden treasures quests. And I believe there are even more of them :p

Yes, you are right... I think I need to start a new TW1 walkthrough in the next days... Because I start to become forgetful... :evil:

- was the note next to the Ard Skellig ruin with the katakan already mentioned? The note points out a little treasure chest (usual random junk) "where the shadow of this rock here is at noon".

And yes, HoS in particular is filled with TW1 references. Really quite lovely. :)

I couldn't stop laughing after I read that particular journal entry. The wording in it was just hilarious. And of course that particular part of TW1's main story is very memorable. :D

(The fight against the Golem guarding the note was fairly memorable as well, because I ran into the empty health bar bug with it. Easy to fix, but took me a long time to notice something was wrong since I had enemy health bars off.)

Last edited:
Whoa, I just found something new in this playthrough.

Between Brothers in Arms and Isle of the Mists, I returned to Kaer Morhen (to get rid of the sticky crowning music in Skellige).

- Yen, Lambert, Eskel, Vesemir were still standing in their positions from end of Va Fail Elaine.
- Avallach was not on Sad Albert anymore.

So I ran around and searched for him. Found him in the top room of the kitchen tower, where Yen had her megascope. Megascope was gone.

There's a really cheap bed now, and Avallach is sleeping restlessly on it; undressed. (Except for the undies... awwwwwwww. ;) )

He is locked for dialogues, and he's clipping somewhat into the mattress of that cheap bed - but oh my, what a sight. ;)

Guess he's also there later on, just before the battle for Kaer Morhen? Need to explore a bit then.

-----------------

And also something new, though I am not sure of it yet: Seems like Brothers in Arms: Novigrad will not get a "failed" status if Ves died, but Dijkstra got the treasure. Quest completed properly for now at least.

And also something new, though I am not sure of it yet: Seems like Brothers in Arms: Novigrad will not get a "failed" status if Ves died, but Dijkstra got the treasure. Quest completed properly for now at least.

How do you get Dijkstra's treasure?

@saltyB

And the best: If you have the treasure key and the information for Dijkstra, you can ask him for help (successfully) in the quest "A Poet under pressure" ... It's not really necessary, but it's cool... ;)

.... back to this lovely sight of a naked elf in the top room of the kitchen tower between Brothers in Arms and Isle of Mists.

I am not sure what surprises me more:
- That CDPR teleported him from Sad Albert into this tower just for the unlikely case that someone derped back to Kaer Morhen at this time and went searching.
- Or that CDPR removed his robe. I sure appreciate a second chance to look at these tattoos.

.... back to this lovely sight of a naked elf in the top room of the kitchen tower between Brothers in Arms and Isle of Mists.

I am not sure what surprises me more:
- That CDPR teleported him from Sad Albert into this tower just for the unlikely case that someone derped back to Kaer Morhen at this time and went searching.
- Or that CDPR removed his robe. I sure appreciate a second chance to look at these tattoos.

Guess he's also there later on, just before the battle for Kaer Morhen? Need to explore a bit then.

He is... ;) I saw this scene few days ago and was wondered too... ;)

Hm? Oh, go all the way through with Menge, then ask about treasure first, then Dandelion.

Extra bonus: You get to kill them all. :D

Ohhh...damn...was always going for Dandelion first cuz i thought you can't get the treasure anyways! lol

But thank's! ;)

---------- Post Merged at 10:51 PM ----------

@saltyB

And the best: If you have the treasure key and the information for Dijkstra, you can ask him for help (successfully) in the quest "A Poet under pressure" ... It's not really necessary, but it's cool... ;)

Ah okay! :)

1. You can loot Imlerith's body if you choose to stay a bit longer and explore the location after dialogue with Ciri. A magic acorn, looted from him you can either "eat" and get two skill points or give to this locals, who worship Crones and magic acorns, you meet them while leaving the Bald Mountain.

2. It is possible to change weather through the interaction with Hemdall's altars on Faroe island. For sun press E (action) in front of an idol, for rain press E (action) behind. Don't know if there is an option to activate snow.

3. One of witchers from Kaer Morhen engages in painting (screenshot attached). I suspect Lambert.
View attachment 66860

4. Road at South-West of Corvo Bianco, behind a small bench, near a rock press E (action) and Geralt will sit down and start smoking a pipe: http://giphy.com/gifs/l3vRnb4ToLQU3jfnq Can't resist not to add some text while creating a gif.

Attachments

• kaer morhen painting.jpg
    kaer morhen painting.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:
He is... ;) I saw this scene few days ago and was wondered too... ;)
Hm... no, he isn't. That cheap bed of Kitchen Tower was empty. I went twice into the room, even tried to meditate in there. He's also not in the "left of the kitchen"-tower (or shall we call it "Weird Sex Scene"-Tower? "Tower over TW1's Witcher Lab"?).

I noticed that the stairs to the Tutorial Tower were blocked with rubble in this phase, interestingly enough. I am sure that I could access Tutorial Tower in previous playthroughs, though in an earlier stage of the mainquest, so I am not sure what's up with that rubble now.

Not sure if this makes any difference, but I went exploring after the talk with Ciri just before the battle begins.

Also, both the interiors of Kitchen Tower and Weird Sex Scene Tower are apparently embedded deeply in the heart of Small Kaer Morhen mountain, if my position marker on the Kaer Morhen map wasn't lying. :p

Last edited:
I spawned some wolves in the upstairs room where Avallac'h was sleeping, and he got up to battle them with his staff. Was pretty funny. :p

Top Bottom