Well hidden details, quests or locations you can miss easily

+
After almos 600 hours I stumbled upon a new awesome detail. In the quest "Where the cat and wolf plays", if you wear the cat school equpiment, Gaetan comments on your armor like "Well well, what have we here? Feline armor, wolf's head medallion- a crossbreed?"

This is so awesome. You got to love CDPR for details like this.

You can find Vivienne from Blood & Wine expansion not only in Novigrad, but in Skellige too (if you lift her curse without the help of Guillaume)

If you do some missions in Toussaint before you go do the quest Skellige's Most Wanted, you gonna have more options to choose from when defending yourself in a argument about how many monsters did you let live and didn't killed

In the mission Without a Trace from HoS there is about 4 outcomes to that quest - one outcome is when you spare the old couple and don't tell the herbalist the truth. Now if you go go back to their hut a few days later, you'll see the old man crying at the old woman's deathbed and he says to you that she starved to death.

misho8723;n7706830 said:
You can find Vivienne from Blood & Wine expansion not only in Novigrad, but in Skellige too (if you lift her curse without the help of Guillaume)

I've met her in Novigrad, but where is she at Skellige?

I will check the pages to see if this was mentioned or not, but for now here it is.

I decided to try and track more hidden "events" that may pop up.

So, on my first visit to Novigard I went to the houses outside, near the shop of Eilal (I hope I spelled his name right). Anyway, few witch hunters were knocking at the door and screaming for a man to come out and I decided to wait and followed in.

An event was triggered in which they blamed him for aiding the lodge in the previous game event.

You have an option to either say something or not. If you do, you will fight witch-hunters in high "skull" difficulty, since it is considered as to fight a guard in a city I think? The mage they hunt (with his family) help you during the battle. Afterward he gives you a rune item.

Another "event", which for some reason I can't active anymore, happened to me when I first played the witcher (before the expensions and DLC come about). When entering the city of the red baron, a man urges his young girl to flee before the baron will see her and take her, and the girl leaves the house.

I don't know why it never happened anymore, but I clearly remember it happened on my very first playthrough and I saw articles mentioning this event as well.

If I find more things I'll post them here.

ninawindia;n7741780 said:
Another "event", which for some reason I can't active anymore, happened to me when I first played the witcher (before the expensions and DLC come about). When entering the city of the red baron, a man urges his young girl to flee before the baron will see her and take her, and the girl leaves the house.
As I recall, that event occurs at the Inn at the Crossroads. In fact, you can follow the maiden. She runs and hides in the undergrowth until the Baron's men have left.

Riven-Twain;n7746300 said:
As I recall, that event occurs at the Inn at the Crossroads. In fact, you can follow the maiden. She runs and hides in the undergrowth until the Baron's men have left.

Oh thank you! I'm already too far ahead on the game so I wonder if it will work now. If not I'll check it on a future new playtrough :)

Ingsoc85;n7709520 said:
I've met her in Novigrad, but where is she at Skellige?

Well, I personally didn't met her anywhere apart from Novigrad after her quest, but according to the Prima Guide for the Complete Edition if you visit the tavern at Kaer Trolde after 6 days (I guess that means after you talk to her in Novigrad), she should be living at the tavern

+ Patrick Mills from CD Projekt hinted at that on this forums: https://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...&pagenumber=11
"If you don't encourage Viv to let Guillaume help, she can later be found in Novigrad, I know some people already know this. A tiny number of people know that she'll show up in Skellige too. But there's a third state I don't think anyone has found yet.
*The original title of the quest was The Knight Stalker."

I personally tried to wait those 6 days in Kaer Trolde but she never showed up there, so I don't know if she can or can't showed up in Skellige somewhere

Last edited:
misho8723;n7774070 said:
I personally tried to wait those 6 days in Kaer Trolde but she never showed up there, so I don't know if she can or can't showed up in Skellige somewhere

Thanks! I also wait the six days and didn't find her. I guess I will have to keep looking:look:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for all the good new stuff here in this thread! ;) And wow! :eek: Now I know where I can find Vivienne in Skellige! :) Thanks to you all!!!

And Riven-Twain You are totally right. The event with the maiden near the inn only triggers once. It's really easy to miss... ;)

2 other things I've found:

1. When getting Molly for the cabert, go back during the time she is summoned there (before speaking to Dandelion after the postcards quest). She will have extra scene of talking.
2. There is another part in which you can interfere with the witch hunters in Novigard. In carnal sin quest, after returning from the morgue, proceed up to the barbar direction. I did it during day time. The witcher hunters are bothering people. You can talk to them to trigger a scene in which you can choose to fight them. Once again the witcher hunters are marked as "skull level" and you can help the people. Just be careful because the garuds near by can attack you as well.

I ran into a new quest (God it's just amazing. It's my third playtrough in this game and I still find new things). I did the "cave of dreams" quest and used the help of one of the prisoners, Simun Brambling (or something like that) before in order to be freed of the prison. Right after "The last wish" I left Yen's house and ran into him (He's near one of the houses and calls to you, making a yellow mark to appear on the map). He asked me to repy the debt, thus starting a hidden quest called: "An Unpaid Debt".

The dialog of Dandelion, when he visit Corvo Bianco, will change in according to how the B&W main quest ended.

Ingsoc85;n8363780 said:
The dialog of Dandelion, when he visit Corvo Bianco, will change in according to how the B&W main quest ended.

It also changes depending on whether you have played Carnal Sins (conversation about Priscilla), and in theory it reacts to a dialogue choice (again about Priscilla) in the empress epilogue. But it is not possible to get Dandelion as the guest after the empress ending unless cheats are used, which makes that bit really well hidden.

sv3672;n8363840 said:
It also changes depending on whether you have played Carnal Sins (conversation about Priscilla), and in theory it reacts to a dialogue choice (again about Priscilla) in the empress epilogue. But it is not possible to get Dandelion as the guest after the empress ending unless cheats are used, which makes that bit really well hidden.

Any chance you have a link to a vid with that hidden dialog?

After you finish 'Where the Cat and Wolf Play', and convince the aunt to take the little girl, under her care, after a while, if you come back to that village, the little girl will thank you with a drawing made by herself..., not sure if somebody put that info already...

Last edited:
ninawindia;n8371900 said:
Any chance you have a link to a vid with that hidden dialog?

I do not have a YouTube link, but on PC you can try using the console command "addfact(120963397_1_1)".
Geralt: What's new, old friend?
Dandelion: Everything's coming up Dandelion. Priscilla's much better and our relationship's a budding flower blossoming in the spring sun.
Geralt: You two still together?
Dandelion: Don't act so surprised! The woman was made for me. As I was for her. She told me so.
Geralt: Know how many times I've heard that some woman was made for you?
Dandelion: Ehh, love's blunders… Who's never made one? I hadn't met Priscilla yet. Now I know she's my heart's captor. You know, think we might get married.
Geralt: Congratulations.

Top Bottom