We’re celebrating 10th Anniversary of The Witcher!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
We’re celebrating 10th Anniversary of The Witcher!

Join us for a panel reminscing the adventures of Geralt of Rivia at this year’s PAX!

The panel will be entitled “Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of The Witcher” and hosted by Noclip’s Danny O’Dwyer. Veteran developers of the series and other invited guests will explore the making of the franchise — from the original The Witcher, through The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, up to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and it’s both expansions: Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine.

CD PROJEKT RED Team:
Marcin Iwiński - Joint CEO
Paweł Sasko - Lead Quest Design
Bartosz von Ochman - Lead Living World Design
Marcin Przybyłowicz - Principal Composer
Borys Pugacz-Muraszkiewicz - English Adaptation Director

The panel will take place in PAX West’s Main Theatre, located in Benaroya Hall, on Sunday, September 3rd, 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM PST. Fans of The Witcher series of games who can’t make it to PAX West in person will be able to watch the entire panel live on Twitch.

If you have any questions that you would like to ask the developers, feel free to post them on our official Forums – we’ll do our best to answer them during the panel!

Last edited:
1. What were the biggest challenges in telling the story of Geralt over the course of the series? Looking back over the project as a whole, how do you feel about the journey?
2. What were the biggest challenges in improving/changing game mechanics over the course of the series?

I love the games, so these are not intended to put anyone on the spot.

Where's muh Iorveth & Saskia?

(As recently as this week, I witnessed a Twitch streamer decry their absence. Those characters were (potentially) pretty major players in TW2, yet in TW3 we get nary a word about them. My guess: They're very dead.)

Are you happy with the TW3 levelling system (which has you 'buy' the skill (or skill upgrade), and then you need to 'activate' it before it will have an effect, with the amount of skills you can have active at the same time being limited)?

(My favorite build is a combination of combat and alchemy, requiring me to put a lot of skillpoints into skills that end up not being used).

Burza46;n9413131 said:
If you have any questions that you would like to ask the developers, feel free to post them on our official Forums – we’ll do our best to answer them during the panel!
Splendid! Barring disasters, I'll be there in person -- somewhere amidst the crowd -- to hear these answers; however, here's a little question I've had for the developers for quite a while: What, in your opinions, is the most important message in your story of Geralt? What lesson, if any, do you feel we may draw from the Witcher's adventures?

And, for fun: How do you feel the Geralt of the first Witcher compares with his final characterisation in Wild Hunt? Can we still recognise him, despite the many changes, or did he 'outgrow' the first game?

Last edited:
Hi,
in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ_G6XiHoUA,
Roach - or the horse Geralt is riding - at 0:11 it is white, while at 0:23, it is brown.
Why have you decided to make him brown in the final game ?

And,, how much documentation do you have - create - update while in development and how much do you stick to it ?
Does it differ for individual aspects of game - gameplay, story, graphics, ... etc ?

I'm a big fan of the series, so here is a couple questions I've got for you.

What are the chances of adding a New Game Plus Plus to The Witcher 3? So that players can continue playing through without beginning from scratch if they wish to?

Are there any plans to release another batch of quests and gear in the future?

and finally;

If you could be any character from the series (excluding the obvious choice of Geralt) who would you want to be and why?

sv3672

Forum veteran
adamthomas1994;n9435661 said:
What are the chances of adding a New Game Plus Plus to The Witcher 3? So that players can continue playing through without beginning from scratch if they wish to?

Are there any plans to release another batch of quests and gear in the future?

At the moment, those seem rather unlikely, it has been confirmed since the beginning of the year that the game is no longer in active development, thus no further patches, DLCs, or other changes or additions are planned.

Sweet, will definitely try and watch the panel, also looking forward to the upcoming Noclip series.

As for questions, hmm...

Over these 10 years, what are your fondest memories related to working on the franchise? Do you have any big regrets or things you are especially proud of?

Mandatory question that won't get answered: Cyberpunk when? :p

1. What's your favorite quest of the series (inc. addons) - and why?
2. Where there any last minute changes prior release which changed the plot of the series/part?
3. What was the biggest challenge in getting the teams work together (level design, quest, music, atmosphere, ...) ?
Any anecdote of what went completly wrong but in a funny way and had to be fixed (e.g. because of misunderstanding)?

Hand on heart, how is your day-to-day without Geralt and his adventures in you agenda? Odd?
What do you miss the most, 10 years of work for an awsome creation or 10 years in almost constant contact with your fans for create an awsome work?

Meow hugs

jcchg

Forum regular
Two questions:

What do you think was the major risk when switching to "casual" public? (I know you don't leave behind core gamers).

What exactly do you think that you need to become a best-selling phenomenon (like GTA V) with your next big title? Is it the setting (fantasy vs sci-fi), marketing, reputation, services, community...?

Thank you all for making the best game I've ever played! Also loved Assassins of Kings.

Last edited:
Does anyone know, where we can get that awesome desktop wallpaper with all the characters from the end of the video? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I am from Taiwan,Kaohsiung city.

sorry, my English is poor, but I still want to leave a message :)

Because I love the Witcher series very much, Thank you very much for your efforts.

Want to ask whether you can add PlayStation 4 the Witcher series personal style ?

大家好,我來自台灣,我非常非常熱愛巫師系列,非常感謝您們,因為您們的努力,讓我們可以享受到這款遊戲,感激不盡。

以後將會持續關注CD Projekt。

想請問可以新增巫師系列在PlayStation 4個人造型嗎?非常感謝。

Love you all

Cyberfrog;n9416251 said:
Where's muh Iorveth & Saskia?

(As recently as this week, I witnessed a Twitch streamer decry their absence. Those characters were (potentially) pretty major players in TW2, yet in TW3 we get nary a word about them. My guess: They're very dead.)

Good question, I think someone asked for it during the Twitch stream.

To include characters from the previous games, it would have required making W3 models for them, which I guess was seen as too much effort for a 2 minutes long video. If I recall correctly, it was said by one of the developers some time ago that Iorveth and Saskia are still considered alive. Edit: if the comment refers to the game, rather than the new trailer, then their absence is indeed a disappointment, as is in general that the older games, their characters, and the decisions you make tend to get "forgotten" over time. Hopefully this will be improved in the future and TW3 will not receive the same treatment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom