Were the maps originally a tad bit larger?

+
Were the maps originally a tad bit larger?

So recently I've been watching videos of people on PC modding and people on console glitching past boundaries. They're usually about the super secret easter egg found a few months ago on top of the biggest mountain in the game. But one thing I've noticed is how detailed everything is. I mean, the mountains you see far off in the distance are very detailed and they are actually solid. There's no typical falling through the map or passing through things you get from going out the boundaries of most games. The grass, the trees, even some structures are actually solid and detailed just like on the regular map. The ocean goes really far out. before you fall through or glitch into nothingness. Everything functions just like on the inside of the boundaries of the map.

So does anybody have any official info on if the maps were cut for some reason? I've been digging around and like usual for this game, little to no info was found. I have a funny feeling that they did cut a cool amount of the maps. Just from looking at the map when you pull it up on screen. How it shows roads leading to a certain point but you can only travel about half of it before the game turns you around. Also, sometimes you will see creatures/beast hanging around outside of boundaries or just freely crossing back and forth. White orchid looks like it was possibly cut the most. Tons of stuff off in the distance there, with lots of detail.

It is possible that they did cut some content - But then again that is all part of making a game - Some quests were definitely cut since it didn't fit into the story or they felt that it was "boring" , that is a known fact.

Yes I think you are right. Normaly the boarderlines of the game work fine for me but some monsters hanging around outside of boundaries are a little bit frustrating... :( The most impressive example is near the cave on the map of Kaer Morhen, where I found the scheme of the Witcher sword...

Zultre;n7185470 said:
It is possible that they did cut some content - But then again that is all part of making a game - Some quests were definitely cut since it didn't fit into the story or they felt that it was "boring" , that is a known fact.
They cut the manticore out and replaced it with two dracnoids in ker moren(however you spell it). For anybody who played the arena mode in the witcher 2, this revelation was a dagger in the heart lol. Then they promised it in the B&W DLC, not there either, not even a manticore gwent card!!!! This is the only complaint I had for the game smh. All that hype and then a no show.

This game is already a classic, just thinking that there was even more content is insane! Reminds me of goldeneye007 for N64.

Boromir2015;n7186760 said:
Yes I think you are right. Normaly the boarderlines of the game work fine for me but some monsters hanging around outside of boundaries are a little bit frustrating... :( The most impressive example is near the cave on the map of Kaer Morhen, where I found the scheme of the Witcher sword...
I bet there is all kinds of cool places beyond the borders there. That map mos def looks like it was shortened. Havn't seen any modder go past the boundaries there yet.

There's this area north/east on the toussaint map. It has a broken up bridge that leads to the area. It has these big weird looking statues there. as soon as you get close the game turns you around. That area looks waaay too epic to just be right outside of the border for nothing. It's one of the most unique looking areas on the map, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN ACCESS IT! smh. I was sure there was gonna be a mission there but I was wrong. I was thinking it was gonna be like the big tree in vellen. Also thought we were gonna visit that big magical sexy looking mountain in toussaint too.

Top Bottom