What 5 questions would you ask CDPR about the game (no perspective talk)?

+
Hey, everyone.

As the title implies, I'm curious what your questions for CDPR would be. I was chatting with @kofeiiniturpa, and it occurred to me that the questions journalists have asked CDPR so far are all simply rehashed and often uninformed. In the three interviews we had yesterday, every interviewer asked about largely the same stuff.

It was frustrating. We are being given this great opportunity to learn about the game, and it's being blown. I know there's some stuff CDPR won't talk about (probably a lot of stuff), but those boundaries aren't even being tested yet.

So, I want you guys to list 5 questions that have not been answered already (to the best of your knowledge) that you would like CDPR to answer.

Note, this is not the place to suggest in-depth ideas - there's the Dream RPG thread for that. This is the thread to ask relatively short, specific questions about game mechanics, or stuff we have an idea about but hasn't been elaborated on.

I don't know that this is actually going to do anything, but I know CDPR reads these forums. Perhaps they will get ideas about what to talk about next based on what we say here.

So I'll kick things off, but I'm also tagging @Sardukhar, @Suhiira, @Rawls and @kofeiiniturpa because I know we all have at least a few things we're curious about.

1. Can you obtain visibly different cybernetic limbs/augmentations, such as metal arms, legs, etc., or will they all be skin-colored and "hidden"?
  2. Is there an empathy-like mechanic in the game (or humanity score)?
  3. Are guns levelled? As in, does a Level 5 Pistol do more damage than a Level 1 pistol?
  4. Is there a shooting and/or weapon handling skill?
  5. How viable will a non-lethal, or mostly non-combat playthrough be?

Last edited:
You're probably going to consider my questions uninformed (they probably are), but heyho I like to join in!

1. Can I hack people's minds using a spoon?
2. Can I do anything with a spoon?
3. Is Cyberpunk 2077 going to include cute stories about the moderators being gruesomely murdered like there was in the Witcher 3?
4. Is there anything like the Witcher 2 where picking fan favourite, universally loved and treasured beautiful and intelligent elf Iorveth would cut you off from a large chunk of opposing narrative?
5. How much customisation does the CC give us? Can I change height and weight or is it mainly face and hair that can be edited?

You're probably going to consider my questions uninformed (they probably are), but heyho I like to join in!

1. Can I hack people's minds using a spoon?
2. Can I do anything with a spoon?
3. Is Cyberpunk 2077 going to include cute stories about the moderators being gruesomely murdered like there was in the Witcher 3?
4. Is there anything like the Witcher 2 where picking fan favourite, universally loved and treasured beautiful and intelligent elf Iorveth would cut you off from a large chunk of opposing narrative?
5. How much customisation does the CC give us? Can I change height and weight or is it mainly face and hair that can be edited?

I didn't mean to sound elitist, for the record. I was just saying these journalists haven't been as involved with the game as we are, and thus don't know that a lot of these questions have already been answered.

Good questions, either way (especially the ones about the spoon).

1. How do skills and stats work in CP2077? I.e. How does a gun skill affect shooting, how does hacking skill affect hacking, how do stats affect V and his mobility and activities, etc - are there RNG checks for anything (i.e. proper skilltests), or just hard thresholds (skill level 1 + task level 2 = can't pass)?

2. How do smart guns work specifically and how do the characters shooting skills and other possible abilities affect that (if at all)? Are they a crutch to simplify combat, or will they have a more "RPG-like" implementation (i.e. hit chances based on a number of factors like skill, focus, range, visibility...).

3. Empathy and Attractiveness -stats are apparently cut. Is there any sort of mechanics to replace them, are there any other social stats and skills, and if yes, how do they work?

4. What happened to the "tactical mode" that was originally implied? Is there still something going on for it, or is it scrapped? For an RPG, the game - as described now - could really use a bit more of RPG flavor in form of something like that.

5. Is there any possibility to have a gauge in the options to increase stat/skill impact on gameplay (i.e. to have larger initial accuracy/recoil/sway penalty for guns before skill/implant modifiers, bigger initial movement speed penalty before REF/implant modifiers)?

6. In what ways can random AI pedestrians be interacted with other than possibly killing them or bumping into them?

7. How many dialog options are visible at most at a time, and do stats and skills affect them in any way?

Oops, that's 7, sue me... I'd have more questions of course...

Last edited:
I didn't mean to sound elitist, for the record. I was just saying these journalists haven't been as involved with the game as we are, and thus don't know that a lot of these questions have already been answered.

Good questions, either way (especially the ones about the spoon).

Yeah no worries :), I was joking, of course my thought-provoking questions about spoons are pretty much the essence of hard hitting journalism. I'm glad you appreciate them. :giggle::giggle:

1) Apparently the Smartgun is the solution to the non-FPS player.
Is there a character skill (vice stat ... presumedly Reflex) that effects it's accuracy/lethality or is it merely a matter of using one and you have some preset values?

2) We know there are stats in the game, do skills exist? Is it your ever-popular "pick one of two branches" skill tree or a pick what you want system? I keep noticing everyone mentions character stats, but no one, even the folks from CDPR, ever mention skills.

3) From what we've seen apparently equipment has not only "relevant" stats (weapons have range, damage, ammo capacity; clothing has an armor value) but apparently somewhat arbitrary bonuses to skills/stats?

Last edited:

addar

Forum veteran
Are dialogues with NPC's Cinematic Witcher style or due to going FPP static without any direction/switch of camera during conversation ?

1. Can you adjust the FOV?

2. How are they working on balancing and making the damage output based on enemies' relative level less extreme? IE. avoiding that enemies 10 levels above you won't arbitrarily be near invincible, and being a few levels above your enemies won't make the combat a cakewalk.

3. Are they planning on making expansions similar to tw3's?

4. Will the protag's chosen backstory have any influence on the story or gameplay?

5. What rewards will there be for exploring? Mostly in reference to the witcher gear in tw3 making normal exploration rewards mostly uninteresting.

6. Will there be factions you can join?

7. Will the game be moddable similar to the witcher 3 and are they considering releasing a devkit?

1. What is the combat pace? Will it require quick reflexes or is it possible to go through the game with a slow, tactical approach?

2. Is there an ingame collectible card game?

1) Outside of sidequests and the main narrative what does the world offer to make it feel interactive?

2) Can you have your character get a job to fulfil the standard Cyberpunk roles (e.g could I become a media or a cop as a side activity).

3) Are you aiming for replayability with the story? Like is it impossible to see everything in one playthrough ala Witcher 2.

4) Can I get implants that would be useless in most situations but still fun to play around with (like an mp3 player in my ear or LED tatoos just off the top of my head).

5) Can I kit out my apartment with furniture and/or traps to make it feel like it's my own pad?

Can you make non-borged charachter? On the pictures from the demo they looking cybered with their face plates.

Oh, never mind we will not see it in FP :p (sorry...)

1. Is there going to be level scaling?
2. What's the amount of content planned for launch compared to W3?
3. Is there any procedurally generated content/missions.
4. Mod support? Would there be a possibility for fan made missions/locations to be added to the game world?
5. Are dialogues written in Polish and then translated, or the other way around?

1. Is there going to be level scaling?

This particular question has actually been answered, there is no level scaling, similarly to The Witcher 3 (without the upscaling option turned on).

There is a lot of information here and here that may answer some of the other questions.

How often will we be able to talk our way through certain situations avoiding combat altogether?

1. is the close combat going to be something like dishonored ? or is it going to be different ?
2. is the story going to be as deep as witcher or are you gonna make it more like a role play type of story that is all about getting better ?
3. how much does our gender effect the game ?
4. why aren't we getting gameplay demo ?
5. what kind of a pc is this game going to require ?

5. what kind of a pc is this game going to require ?

1.) What degree of 'control' (how we relate) will the player have regarding the various companions/allies in the game?
a.) Can we upgrade their equipment and stats?
b.) Can companions become enemies based on how we treat them? Can they double cross the player?

2.) How 'mature' is the game? Can the player go to a club, indulge in mind altering substances and improve relations between man and machine?

3.) To what degree can we customize our base/living area?
a.) Can our base be attacked?
b.) Can we hire npc's as body guards to protect our base and the player?

4.) Is there an aspect to the game that allows the player to spend countless hours playing doing this or that without relying on advancing main story line or side quests?
a.) Mini games?
b.) Meaningfully increasing the players social status in Night City?

5.) Is there any social hub or interactive feature that involves other players?
a.) If we can play pool as shown in the E3 trailer, can we play against other players?

Top Bottom