What 5 questions would you ask CDPR about the game (no perspective talk)?

+
5. How much customisation does the CC give us? Can I change height and weight or is it mainly face and hair that can be edited?

I'm generally not big on character customization, but I know other are. IGN mentioned you are playing a "bespoke" character...and I have no idea what that means. We know you can choose gender, but is everything beyond that set? Maybe my definition of bespoke is confused, because it could mean "already established" as much as "fully customizable" in my mind.

1. How in-depth is character creation? Is it like Saints Row? Even more in-depth than that? How many clothing and item options are there, even if it won't matter much visibly? How far can you augment yourself— is it just a few cybernetics for visual effects, or can you become a completely non-biological posthuman?
  2. Is it possible to complete the game without killing a single person? Is it also possible to kill everyone on the map? How would that affect the game? What sort of effects would that bring? Such as, if you kill a story-specific character, does the game now develop completely differently? Can you go into a police station and kill all officers and droids to prevent the police from tailing you? Could you kill a bunch of corporates and steal everything they own or redistribute their stuff to the bums and proles? Could you kill all drug pushers and junkies at the start of the game to clean up the streets?
  3. What sort of social and political issues will the game tackle? Will we see mentions of technosexuality? Basic income? Anti-transhumanist and pro-transhumanist ideologies? Urchin syndicalism?
  4. Will there be a level cap? Would it be possible to level your character so high as to effectively unlock all abilities and skills, sort of like in Deus Ex's Director's Cut where you can start a New Game+ with all previous upgrades and continue to unlock more praxis kits?
  5. Is there a parkour system? Could you jump off of a building and onto a flying car, then off of that flying car to roll onto another rooftop? Are there gadgets that work to augment this, like hookshots, AR waypoints, speed-boosting augmentations, jetpacks, etc.?

1. Are there any multiplayer thoughts yet and if yes, which?

2. Will it be modable?

3. Do you use any neural networks or genetic algorithms for the game?

4. I read a somehow sensfull opinion about why "dark" games, like cyberpunk games, should not work and why fancy colorful games like WoW are popular: because humans in general want the free, mystic, happy, fantasy etc. stuff subconsciously. I LOVE THIS GAME ALREDY, I LIVE this game since I am 11 years old and I absolutley think and hope this works out, but the just mentioned opinion should be taken serious.
Does the gameflow contain situations on regulary bases where you bring the emotional feeling of the player away from that dark ambient into maybe nature or outside the town, or maybe just have certain time frames, like the first 3 hours of the morning, where you have a more positiv color-scheme. What do you think about this in general?

5. I love the game, the lifestyle, the atmosphere... like I said, I LIVE this game, and so I would like to just have some "entertainment" / afk modes. Will there be something like an autopilot, that slowly drives or walks around in night city, so I can enjoy the beautifull awesome scenery, while I bang my girl

sincerly, ImbaKing

I'm generally not big on character customization, but I know other are. IGN mentioned you are playing a "bespoke" character...and I have no idea what that means. We know you can choose gender, but is everything beyond that set? Maybe my definition of bespoke is confused, because it could mean "already established" as much as "fully customizable" in my mind.

Edit: Bespoke means the opposite to what I thought it did. (RIP). We're all good.

Are the devs really open to suggestions from fans, and are willing to change the game based on feedback? or is everything pretty much set in stone?

Yeah to me, bespoke suggests that there is not much customisation available, which is a shame. But we'll see, IGN come out with misleading comments sometimes.

That is some interesting discussion....

Why not, since we are in the age of customizable androids and stuff, make a main appearance that is used for the quests and stuff, but can be changed for the "rest of the game".

In that way you can always look however you want, but still in the core be that one V that the story is about.

> be V actually
> change appearance to whatever you want
> be V again when it is important, like quests
> everybody is happy
> ???
> profit!

That is some interesting discussion....

Why not, since we are in the age of customizable androids and stuff, make a main appearance that is used for the quests and stuff, but can be changed for the "rest of the game".

In that way you can always look however you want, but still in the core be that one V that the story is about.

> be V actually
> change appearance to whatever you want
> be V again when it is important, like quests
> everybody is happy
> ???
> profit!

Hmmm you quoted me before I edited my comment. My misunderstanding was that bespoke in the specific context suggested the customisation would be made to fit the character rather than player's choice. But actually I think it means that players will be able to change V to look exactly how they want.

Also I'm not sure I agree with you (if I understand you correctly). If my character's appearance changes to a default during key moments of the story then what is the point of customisation? I might as well just be playing another generic protagonist.

Hmmm you quoted me before I edited my comment. My misunderstanding was that bespoke in the specific context suggested the customisation would be made to fit the character rather than player's choice. But actually I think it means that players will be able to change V to look exactly how they want.

Also I'm not sure I agree with you (if I understand you correctly). If my character's appearance changes to a default during key moments of the story then what is the point of customisation? I might as well just be playing another generic protagonist.

When I understand you right, you want to build and actual character and not just her/his appearance, like voice, race, planet, background story, etc. and also represent this character by her/his appearance. Or is your point that the change should not be temporarily but from the scratch, because else it would be just like a jacket that you can wear and not the "real thing"?

I suggested to be ok with h** predefined character but be able to change just h** appearance.

Of course I can understand your point too.

Maybe there is a way in between? I am currently thinking about it...

When I understand you right, you want to build and actual character and not just her/his appearance, like voice, race, planet, background story, etc. and also represent this character by her/his appearance. Or is your point that the change should not be temporarily but from the scratch, because else it would be just like a jacket that you can wear and not the "real thing"?

I suggested to be ok with h** predefined character but be able to change just h** appearance.

Of course I can understand your point too.

Maybe there is a way in between? I am currently thinking about it...

All right, I misunderstood you then. I am also happy with a predefined character whose appearance you change (such as Shepard or Ryder from Mass Effect or Hawke from Dragon Age.

Blank slate characters with nothing predefined at all (such as Skyrim) can work too, but they require so much more work, and often it results in bland storytelling (such as in Skyrim).

1. How in-depth is character creation? Is it like Saints Row? Even more in-depth than that? How many clothing and item options are there, even if it won't matter much visibly? How far can you augment yourself— is it just a few cybernetics for visual effects, or can you become a completely non-biological posthuman?

In the name of maximum personalization I'm very much hoping there are many clothing options and not just the general V design with custom facial/hair features. Augmenting yourself to the point of becoming completely non-biological would be intense.

In the name of maximum personalization I'm very much hoping there are many clothing options and not just the general V design with custom facial/hair features. Augmenting yourself to the point of becoming completely non-biological would be intense.
I'm pretty sure there are, one of the previews mentioned that there was a Cool stat and there are clothes that influence the stat. They also mentioned that there are a bunch of augmentations.

1. Is the CC completely open, ie. not gender locked? I hate it when scar/tattoo or physique options are small and pretty for the female pc. Let me make a big, ugly, nasty bitch with a face that even one's mother would recoil from.

2. So since there are same sex hook-ups. Are there same sex romantic relationships that can be formed?

3. Is there a downside to the drug enhancers and will they potentially drop attributes or stats after they wear off? Will it be possible to become addicted?

4. Are we stuck permanently in the city districts or will it be possible to go into the wasteland(if not at launch then maybe with story dlc)?

5. Do any attributes or skills affect dialogue options?

1. Is the car's name "Roach"?
2. Is that "bird helmet" from the first trailer still in the game?
3. Can you wear helmets and other heavy armor gear? Or, I don't know... fedora hat?
4. Can you hire whores of your gender?
5. Can you kill chlidren and is there any police force to punish you for misbehavior?

1) Will the non-trio classes (Nomad, Corp, Cop, Media, Rockerboy, Fixer) be factions one can join? Or will they be like prestige classes?

2)Is it gonna be possible for V to crossdress?

1) Romance options?

2) Will we be able to have bikini-clad gun battles on beaches using arm-mounted cyberweapons? Yes, I mean even men wearing bikinis.

3) Will we be able to kidnap people, like the mayor?

4) Can we use netrunner skills to blackmail people with found or, more likely, created evidence of them doing heinous things?

5) Can we have pet cyberanimals?

2. So since there are same sex hook-ups. Are there same sex romantic relationships that can be formed?

Yes, but not with anyone. NPCs have their own sexual preferences, according to previews/devs, so you can't, say, successfully get it on with just any NPC you like as a male character, they'll have to be interested as well. Same goes for female.

Presumably (but now we're veering into speculation), there will be gay/lesbian NPCs who are not interested in straight romances, as well.

Top Bottom