What a disappointment - Game is broken and unplayable on PS4

+
I mean, I'm sure a lot of us would love to buy a high end gaming PC... if only we had a minimum of $1,400 usd to do so.
Why do you think there is a demand for gaming as a service such as Stadia? The hardware is getting to expensive to game. Cheaper to just stream games. But you need a fast internet, which most people don't have.

I'm not sure. You remember Crisis Remastered? There is also not a GPU that exists, even the $1500 RTX 3090, that can play that game on ultra at 4k and get more than 30 FPS.

Cyberpunk 2077 is visually beautiful and looks great, just like Crisis. It's ahead of its time graphically by a few years. This isn't a bad thing.
Post automatically merged:

I really do feel bad for all the people trying to play this amazing game on last-gen consoles .... but it is what it is.

Maybe wait for next-gen console versions or build yourself a PC. I'm having an epic time playing this game with absolutely godly graphics on my PC... I hope others can experience the same.
I have to play with DLSS set to auto and cap the frames at 60 FPS, to play the game at 4k with everything set to ultra or psycho if available.

Are you having same experience?

Of course it is what it is, and we should expect a refund for the ones who want since it was advertised falsely. Once (and if) they ever offer a normal version we will then see. Also PS5 has the same issue as it seems, so it's not next-gen console either. It's just shitty optimization/programming to rip off console users.

I saw that Digital Foundry video. While Pro faired quite a bit better; you're completely missing out on a proper experience with anything shy of next gen hardware. Don't cheat yourself. Put the damn thing on a payment plan if you have to lol.

ON PS5 it is the same mess except for the frame rate. It is low res, low res assets en textures, total utter shame. Here I am with my brand new PS5 playing a game that would still would look bad in 2013 when the original PS4 arrived. 110GB install size for what? The textures and details are appalling (this is on PS5)

20201211_123446739_iOS.jpg

I don't know enough about consoles and Stadia, would you really get a better experience on Stadia than PS5 and xbox? If it's essentially streaming from a top notch computer than I would assume so, but I don't know how it work with lag from the internet.

I have to play with DLSS set to auto and cap the frames at 60 FPS, to play the game at 4k with everything set to ultra or psycho if available.

Are you having same experience?

I play at 1440p with a 2080S and 9700k - DLSS on balanced with no raytracing ... 80-100ish FPS. Everything maxed except cascading + long distance shadow + volumetric fog toned down.

Maybe wait for next-gen console versions or build yourself a PC. I'm having an epic time playing this game with absolutely godly graphics on my PC... I hope others can experience the same.

That has no use. I play on PS5 and it is the same low quality low resolution everything mess. Indeed TW3 looks and plays better. This is a total let down!

You guys are playing on ancient hardware from a technological perspective, what did you expect? Did you really expect a smooth experience playing this game on such old hardware? This game is visually beautiful for many years to come. This is a good thing! The latest and greatest $1500 GPU from NVIDIA can't even get 30 FPS at 4k with everything on ultra with DLSS off.

If a $1500 RTX 3090 latest and greatest GPU can't do it, do you expect your old console with GPU that came out with an equivalent PC GPU over half a decade ago to be able to?

I think a lot of people need to set their expectations lower when playing on old hardware on what kind of experience they are going to get playing such a demanding game on hardware!

Setting expectations low is one thing. The way this looks and performs is far beneath even the lowest of expectations anyone could have had.

This game should not be sold on platforms where it performs this badly. Certainly it should not be sold at a high premium price. We have been scammed. There was no indication that it would be this bad, however there have been many statements about how good it looks on PS4.

You're a little dramatic.

I'm having NO problem playing the game at all. None.

Stop exaggerating the issues.

That's great it's working for you, but nobody is exaggerating. Almost everyone is having issues. It looks horrible. I wanted to love this game so much. I was trying to rationalize it to myself last night and push through, but I can't. I'm going to just wait until I can get a PS5 or they fix this.

It looks like a rough draft. I can tell that there is an awesome world behind the grainy, muddy blur on my screen, but it's just not a finished product on PS4.

Please don't tell us about settings. We all checked the settings already. Why would only this game look like this, when literally every other game works fine on my PS4?

1. CDR shouldn't have released it on ps4/x1 generation then to only scam people
2.if a $1500 RTX can't run it properly, the game is just plain garbage
You guys are playing on ancient hardware from a technological perspective, what did you expect? Did you really expect a smooth experience playing this game on such old hardware? This game is visually beautiful for many years to come. This is a good thing! The latest and greatest $1500 GPU from NVIDIA can't even get 30 FPS at 4k with everything on ultra with DLSS off.

If a $1500 RTX 3090 latest and greatest GPU can't do it, do you expect your old console with GPU that came out with an equivalent PC GPU over half a decade ago to be able to?

I think a lot of people need to set their expectations lower when playing on old hardware on what kind of experience they are going to get playing such a demanding game on hardware!

Yes, people did expect a smooth experience since the game was sold on PS4. Other triple A PS4 games look great on PS4. Believe me, I would be playing on PS5 if I could find one. Most people are not PC gamers. We are used to our games just working on our consoles. I've never experienced this before. The original release date was before the PS5 was even available. One of the points of gaming on a console is that you don't need to keep upgrading and building your system, the games just work. If the game is too demanding for the platform the majority of gamers are playing on, it should not have been released on that platform. Release it on PC and PS5 and I will play it when I upgrade. Don't sell me something that doesn't work.

I saw that Digital Foundry video. While Pro faired quite a bit better; you're completely missing out on a proper experience with anything shy of next gen hardware. Don't cheat yourself. Put the damn thing on a payment plan if you have to lol.

CD Projekt is cheating gamers, not gamers cheating themselves. Implying people on PS4 are cheap is pretty lame, bro. It's not a funds issue, it's the fact that we can't find a PS5 anywhere. Most people don't game on PCs. If you do that's great. They should not have released this on PS4.

Last edited:
That's great it's working for you, but nobody is exaggerating. Almost everyone is having issues. It looks horrible. I wanted to love this game so much. I was trying to rationalize it to myself last night and push through, but I can't. I'm going to just wait until I can get a PS5 or they fix this.

It looks like a rough draft. I can tell that there is an awesome world behind the grainy, muddy blur on my screen, but it's just not a finished product on PS4.

Please don't tell us about settings. We all checked the settings already. Why would only this game look like this, when literally every other game works fine on my PS4?

Yes, people did expect a smooth experience since the game was sold on PS4. Other triple A PS4 games look great on PS4. Believe me, I would be playing on PS5 if I could find one. Most people are not PC gamers. We are used to our games just working on our consoles. I've never experienced this before. The original release date was before the PS5 was even available. One of the points of gaming on a console is that you don't need to keep upgrading and building your system, the games just work. If the game is too demanding for the platform the majority of gamers are playing on, it should not have been released on that platform. Release it on PC and PS5 and I will play it when I upgrade. Don't sell me something that doesn't work.

CD Projekt is cheating gamers, not gamers cheating themselves. Implying people on PS4 are cheap is pretty lame, bro. It's not a funds issue, it's the fact that we can't find a PS5 anywhere. Most people don't game on PCs. If you do that's great. They should not have released this on PS4.
Are you playing at 4k?

I think we are at the end of buying a console and playing it for a few years without upgrades. It's why there was a need for the PS4 Pro and what every the xbox iteration was.

GPU technology is increasing rapidly. You can no longer keep a GPU for multiple generations. Things such as machine learning and AI are driving innovations in GPU technology at a astonishing rate. Other industries are making use of the technology such as self driving cars, and data analysis.

I understand your frustration though. I would have to agree with you. If it is sold on PS4, it should be playable on PS4, otherwise don't sell it on PS4. I can't disagree with you. Stadia also came along, so you can buy one console and keep it forever, no upgrades ever, never buy another console. Because it's just streaming. All the hardware is being upgraded in a remote location, your just streaming the video output, like watching a youtube video.

Maybe it will run better on a 1080p panel on PS4? Have you tried that.

Are you playing at 4k?

I think we are at the end of buying a console and playing it for a few years without upgrades. It's why there was a need for the PS4 Pro and what every the xbox iteration was.

GPU technology is increasing rapidly. You can no longer keep a GPU for multiple generations. Things such as machine learning and AI are driving innovations in GPU technology at a astonishing rate. Other industries are making use of the technology such as self driving cars, and data analysis.

I understand your frustration though. I would have to agree with you. If it is sold on PS4, it should be playable on PS4, otherwise don't sell it on PS4. I can't disagree with you. Stadia also came along, so you can buy one console and keep it forever, no upgrades ever, never buy another console. Because it's just streaming. All the hardware is being upgraded in a remote location, your just streaming the video output, like watching a youtube video.

Maybe it will run better on a 1080p panel on PS4? Have you tried that.

Really this game is just not meant to be played on PS4. My TV is dope and all my other PS4 games look great on it. I would have had no problem if they just said this game is next gen/PC only. Just super annoyed that it was released at all on PS4. I've been gaming on consoles for 30 years now, going back to NES, but maybe it's time to switch to PC. It's funny, it's all about expectations. I dusted off my PS3 and replayed Fallout New Vegas a few months back and had a blast, but I knew what I was getting into with that.

ON PS5 it is the same mess except for the frame rate. It is low res, low res assets en textures, total utter shame. Here I am with my brand new PS5 playing a game that would still would look bad in 2013 when the original PS4 arrived. 110GB install size for what? The textures and details are appalling (this is on PS5)

View attachment 11076002

The worst bit here?

I went looking for a billboard like that for the PS4 version, it renders in fine.

Seems like on top of whatever is causing some poeple to have PS4 issues there's a PS5 optimisation issue for the assets.

This is not a real solution to his problem. If the game is not playable on PS4, CD project should not have released the game on that platform in the first place

Now on Day 2 of play and now been playing for something like 9 hours straight.

For an unplayable game that's pretty playable.

Including having ran The Heist twice with no issues or crashes, since I started melee and then realised I'd prefer stealth/tech so restarted so I'd not get the Silverhands spoiled by an abandoned game run.

Are people having issues?

Obviously

Is Everyone having issues and the game is unplayable?

Obviously not

Got the latest System update and the Game Patch installed?

Because I'm also on PS4 and having none of these issues, so it may be down to the sys update or no patch.
Im on ps4 slim and it runs.. smoothly.. but the graphics is meh.. i got an unrendered pizza a gun for a data shard.. jackie was giving me the data shard.. but instead he shoves his pistol in my neck.. my mood change from sad to laughing so hard.. i hope they fix it.. from where i get the game its unrefundable soo.. it was created for current gen not the new gen, they just changed it last min to add in for the new gen and by the looks of it , maybe they fucked up the the original...

Top Bottom