What a disappointment - Game is broken and unplayable on PS4

+
On PS4 game is broken and unplayable, it crashes , it freeze , NPC and cars are spawning at random places , NPC and cars are teleporting and warping up and down, textures are missing or flashing , buildings are flashing and disappearing, graphics are so blurry and muddy it is like a bad Playstation 2 game, changing camera in car takes 20-30 seconds, it is running below 720p resolution and with around 10-15fps when driving a car.

I reinstalled, cleared cache etc. several times, no improvement.
I've lost 2 of my last vacation days for nothing .....
How can you sell this unfinished buggy broken product ?!

Got the latest System update and the Game Patch installed?

Because I'm also on PS4 and having none of these issues, so it may be down to the sys update or no patch.

Weird, as some of us seems to have minimal issues while others are having literal car crash level issues.

Hopefully it's a day1 issue that's sorted fast.

On PS4 game is broken and unplayable, it crashes , it freeze , NPC and cars are spawning at random places , NPC and cars are teleporting and warping up and down, textures are missing or flashing , buildings are flashing and disappearing, graphics are so blurry and muddy it is like a bad Playstation 2 game, changing camera in car takes 20-30 seconds, it is running below 720p resolution and with around 10-15fps when driving a car.

Time to buy a pc and never waste a vacation day again. alot of the visual glitches are still present but at 120 frames

You're a little dramatic.

I'm having NO problem playing the game at all. None.

Stop exaggerating the issues.

I saw that Digital Foundry video. While Pro faired quite a bit better; you're completely missing out on a proper experience with anything shy of next gen hardware. Don't cheat yourself. Put the damn thing on a payment plan if you have to lol.

I just want to play the game..i see people complaining about a whole lot of stuff but somehow still being able to play, now i on the other hand am completely stuck on a bug right in the beginning on the hacking tutorial..my only complaint so far is PLEASE LET ME BE ABLE TO AT LEAST PLAY IT..I AM STUCK STUCK STUCK

Guest 4456241

You're a little dramatic.

I'm having NO problem playing the game at all. None.

Stop exaggerating the issues.
What do you mean...i quote: "stop exaggerating the issues" ? If you don't have any that's great for you but this does'nt mean others don't have any. I played for approx. 2 hours on base ps4 and it was unplayable for me...literally! Low textures and xtreme framerate drop; no depth and decent graphics; world and characters looked like dipped in vaseline; no sharp conrasts; npc's unrecognizable from a little distance; loading time around 20 to 30 seconds with graphics around 720p or lower. Had two game crashes and two complete freezes...uninstalled the game.

Playing on base ps4 should not make a difference since it was advertised "optimized for ps4" and "playable on both ps4 and xbox one x"! Buying a next gen console would be great, really; but there are none to buy!

Now, having said all that and there are literally hundreds of thousand gamers having issues on console worldwide makes the issue of huge problems legitimate.

This game was 8 years in the making and according to the developers cdpr for ps4 and xbox which is a bunch of hogwash. It was produced for pc gamers which by the way are also having huge issues!

What happened here is hall of shame worthy and for 2020 top nr.1. They released a broken unfinished game under false pretense now claiming it is meant to be played on next gen consoles. They released to pep up their christmas sales, taking our money for this crap of a game and that's highway robbery! Shame on you cdpr...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can report crashes and other technical issues here
and

Please click on Contact Us to send a ticket to support.

To the people having no issues with the game, I'm glad you haven't run into any problems yet. I've had three blue screens, terrible analog drift in menus, blurry textures and worst of all the stash in my apartment changed all the stats of my weapons to zero (only the weapons, clothing was fine). This game is utterly broken as of right now. It's a shame because it has huge potential.

To the people having no issues with the game, I'm glad you haven't run into any problems yet. I've had three blue screens, terrible analog drift in menus, blurry textures and worst of all the stash in my apartment changed all the stats of my weapons to zero (only the weapons, clothing was fine). This game is utterly broken as of right now. It's a shame because it has huge potential.

same opinion here. running on ps4 pro and latest patches.

- i have reported 5 ps4 bluescreen crashes in under 6 hrs gameplay. hopefully Sony provides these ps4 crash logs to CDPR.
- I also hit very low performance in various regions. It then feels subjectively like 10fps or even stop-motion animation. This happens quite often in combat when lots of my bullets initially hit a single npc.
- There are several broken, very ugly shadows in various cutscenes, with dramatic impact on immersion.
- There is lots of ghosting with the AA.
- Those blurry image complaints. Is it a very low resolution on ps4 pro or is the fullscreen blur somehow intended? I'm sure it's no TV/resolution settings issue.
PS on 4k, TV on 4k game mode, no fishy scaling involved. I did a comparison with other games, like Yakuza Like a Dragon is absolutely crisp, sharp image, and with same TV etc. settings, Cyberpunk is subjectively not sharp at all.
If there just was an options slider for the amount of Radeon Image Sharpening ingame (PS4 is AMD hardware, so should be able to do it?). Like Witcher 3 had this sharpness slider in the options and back in the 1080p days this really helped to unblur the lowres image.

so it would be nice to see those issues fixed rather soon.

You guys are playing on ancient hardware from a technological perspective, what did you expect? Did you really expect a smooth experience playing this game on such old hardware? This game is visually beautiful for many years to come. This is a good thing! The latest and greatest $1500 GPU from NVIDIA can't even get 30 FPS at 4k with everything on ultra with DLSS off.

If a $1500 RTX 3090 latest and greatest GPU can't do it, do you expect your old console with GPU that came out with an equivalent PC GPU over half a decade ago to be able to?

I think a lot of people need to set their expectations lower when playing on old hardware on what kind of experience they are going to get playing such a demanding game on hardware!

Last edited:
You guys are playing on ancient hardware from a technological perspective, what did you expect? Did you really expect a smooth experience playing this game on such old hardware? This game is visually beautiful for many years to come. This is a good thing! The latest and greatest $1500 GPU from NVIDIA can't even get 30 FPS at 4k with everything on ultra with DLSS off.

If a $1500 RTX 3090 latest and greatest GPU can't do it, do you expect your old console with GPU that came out with an equivalent PC GPU over half a decade ago to be able to?
1. CDR shouldn't have released it on ps4/x1 generation then to only scam people
2.if a $1500 RTX can't run it properly, the game is just plain garbage

It would be ok if that was the case. RDR2 has massively better graphics on PS4 than Cyberpunk so PS4 can manage waaaaay better graphics than that. Heck, Cyberpunk has even worse graphics than Witcher for sure and on par maybe with GTA. Also it looks like on PS5 is the same mess, so it's not the "hardware" that is at fault but rather the optimization they choose to do.

But the worst is the official gameplay trailers (for PS4) which are obviously false advertisements. Either Sony or CDP have to explain this.

I really do feel bad for all the people trying to play this amazing game on last-gen consoles .... but it is what it is.

Maybe wait for next-gen console versions or build yourself a PC. I'm having an epic time playing this game with absolutely godly graphics on my PC... I hope others can experience the same.

Top Bottom