Why redefine what New Game plus was supposed to do.....just restart over then

• Don't care

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Upset

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venting but......good game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First I must say I enjoyed the game....the Hunt....the Ladder of progression. But......why did you guys redefine your own definition of New Game +/plus.....I beat the crap out of the game....a long haul! level 54......one reasons I bought the game was because of the New Game plus options. If I didn't want or cared about it.....Id just start a new game and start all over! But wait.....basically.....the same thing......but now everything else is releveled and the badass Swords and Grandmastered Armor means nothing in five levels again and I just should've hit restart a regular new game. I am really let down by this. To me it meant a lot.
. I am a Disabled 22yr US Army Ranger and at my age Achievement and Satisfaction mean a little more than most. On that.....why do Smith and Armor kits cost so much and ware out after one use?!battle.....knife or sword....use kit....unknurl edge.....resharpen.....simple........tools don't disintigrate? Your $$$$$ scale is off kilter by far!!! I POOPED myself after the first time for the runewright guy!!! who thought up these prices........after 3 to five leveling you are continuously thinking about new set of Armor....Swords....glyphs......runes........now you want me to pay this guy for ....His business $5k!!! no wait.....$10k. No wait. $15k. really!!!!!!wtf. who thinks this is even close to real@%&+:#@ww. Who knew? right! You guys should make it easier to get money and make that hard earned money mean more value because in real life it does.....especially in those times!!.....$5k yea right....you know what I would of told a complete stranger to do with that request.......maybe 500 for the 3rd level...okay
. OH......SWORDS.....once I own it.....why should I even pay close to the original or higher price for an upgrade (in real life - smelting of higher metal to the blade......same goes for base model Armor......I'm adding after market parts For pete sake!!!! Not buying a new car or house! The game now left me thinking......if I'm going to restart......I need to squeeze all the money I possible can.......a very unsatisfied feeling. NEW GAME PLUS is supposed to help the guys who don't want to completely start all over.....but in 3 to 5 levels.....you know! just thinking a head.
. You know another thing I don't look forward to.....Geralt of Rivia is supposed to be like a sick Navy Seal/SAS/Delta Force Elite from a rare school of the Wolf at Kaer Morhen who do battle with Monsters that people only wake up in sweat from fear of the things Geralt can fight......but because of my level I have to take getting spit in the ear from scabby ridden sheep loving spear or bow holding regular soldier because he has a skull next to his identity.....OMG WOULD I !!!!CURB STOP COMES TO MIND!!
. See now.....you should of had a addons.....get 10k for $10......get auto leveling sword or armor for $10.......because honestly......I WOULD GLADLY PAY THAT!!!! I honest got tired of the monotony and unsatisfied feeling of having to dump a cool sword or Armor because its out of "Leveled".....date.
. Again good game.....but......some complaints I haven't heard and I had to vent.......I'm actually thinking about a different game now.....tired of feeling.....unsatisfied by loosing the Gnome Gwyr Sword for 3 levels, Toussant swords are ugly or knowing actually nomatter what people say that the awesome "Aerondite"silver sword will be useless in 10 to 15 levels and my GrangMaster Armor means nothing......NEW GAME ........PLUS++++++++++++++++++++

Tuco

Forum veteran
1- <edit>

2- In all honestly I'm not sure I've ever experienced a "New Game + mode" that didn't suck, so I saw this coming when they announced this option in a patch. Still, I wouldn't say that this game in particular handles it worse than others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, NG+ had many issues. However, this mode is just an optional bonus feature for people who are not yet ready to leave TW3 after many hours. Initially this mode wasn't even in the game. People were asking for it. CDPR added it.

Of course you can be disappointed but the way you do it sounds a bit too harsh for an optional gimmick.

Rightly said there, but if you want a better feeling of accomplishment than what is there with the new game+ mode or whatever it is that EA is selling these days, you should consider heading to Nexusmods and checking out amidst a huge collection of Witcher 3 mods, some gameplay-changing mods like Ghost Mode which is close to vanilla (https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/992) or W3EE which is more drastic with its changes (https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2521).

Posts edited and deleted. Everyone, please keep the discussion civilized. No name calling and the topic of this thread is not the quality of other people's posts.

Yeah, NG+ had many issues. However, this mode is just an optional bonus feature for people who are not yet ready to leave TW3 after many hours. Initially this mode wasn't even in the game. People were asking for it. CDPR added it.

Of course you can be disappointed but the way you do it sounds a bit too harsh for an optional gimmick.

Your argument makes no sense. NG+ is not for people "not ready to leave Witcher". It is for people who do successive playthroughs but want to keep the gear and character progression they achieved in their initial playthrough.
People "who aren't ready to leave" can just start a new game as many times they want.
Besides, I don't think it is a matter of "not being ready to leave". It is a matter of enjoying the game and wanting to do multiple playthroughs in order to experience everything the game has to offer. Because you can't possibly achieve that with a single playthrough.
Not that I am personally a fan of NG+, I think it waters down the game experience, but to each their own.

Your argument makes no sense. NG+ is not for people "not ready to leave Witcher". It is for people who do successive playthroughs but want to keep the gear and character progression they achieved in their initial playthrough.
People "who aren't ready to leave" can just start a new game as many times they want.
Besides, I don't think it is a matter of "not being ready to leave". It is a matter of enjoying the game and wanting to do multiple playthroughs in order to experience everything the game has to offer. Because you can't possibly achieve that with a single playthrough.
Not that I am personally a fan of NG+, I think it waters down the game experience, but to each their own.

Actually, I don't see that much of a difference between your argument and mine. Besides, I did complete the game in NG+ for the very reason I stated. But if you think it makes no sense, I won't argue with you :)

It's possible to play NG+ with the items from NG if you pick carefully. Here's a list with the best items to keep from NG:
Aerondight - it scales with level and remains the best silver sword until the end
Ursine armor - it has the best monster/melee resistances overall
Gryphon pants - pants with the highest elemental resistance
Order of the Flaming Rose Gauntlets (crafted) - best resistances overall
Alder Folk Boots (buy from Toussaint) - best resistances overall
These items coupled with Protective Coating and decoctions (Arachas, Gryphon) offer enough protection even for NG+.
There's no equivalent steel sword for Aerondight, but if you pick Hen Gaidh just before leaving NG (because it scales with your level) it can carry you through a big part of NG+ just fine. (People make often the mistake to go to NG+ with already underleveled weapons).

These are what I carry with me in my inventory every time I start my NG+...
...minus the four slots wolf trousers. You can only get that in NG+...

Imho, it's all about preparation, knowing that NG+, all enemies will be upscaled level wise. Especially when playing DM NG+.
Also, choosing what are at your disposal on the skill tree is vitally important too.

I have to agree, however, that things are weally weally expensive in game. I am lucky enough to have Willis of White Orchard to help me out, when he was able to. Willis made me super rich, as you can see from my monies display. Willis are not allowed to help anymore, though...

These are my two fav swords. These will carry me all the way to the final boss battle with Eredin. Remember that when you fight Eredin, you are going to be using Aerondight, which scaled to your level throughout NG+. The blood red sword is Hen Gaidh, a vampire steel sword which is apart of a set of vampire gears.

Last edited:
I find it odd that you offer the coin in return for runes as payback and yet you still have to pay for all of it in the end what gives ???

"See now.....you should of had a addons.....get 10k for $10......get auto leveling sword or armor for $10.......because honestly......I WOULD GLADLY PAY THAT!!!!"

The bonuses from the GM Witcher armor will be fine until you can get the Legendary version in NG+.
I am playing NG+ on deathmarch with my GM Gryffin armor and swords. Other than equipment you are still very powerful because of your abilities, signs, potions etc. If you want to walk through the game like a god because you completed the game, then i don't know what to tell you.

Not being able to kill shit soldiers because of level. RPG games by and large have a leveling system. If you want an open world in a game with a leveling system, you are going to run into things you can't kill.

I will say maybe being able to continue to upgrade your favorite swords or armor would be a good change. like in Assassin's Creed Origins you can keep paying to bump your equipment up to your current level. By paying I mean in game currency, not micro transactions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom