What about Multiplayer?

+
Man, this game is looking less and less attractive as time goes on, seems to me that CDPR has already mapped out the roadmap & end for 2077, and without MP, it’ll be much sooner than we think or were hoping for. Perhaps early 2022 or even late 2021.

Ok apparently there's been some development on MP and MP mode will be included with this title, didn't know that.

Its better to give up on MP than to create something which will not work as intented. For CDP it was new teritory and it looks like they rethink it and made a decision to take baby steps and get expierence designing some elements of online game rather than full on multiplayer which is very difficult task.

This have nothing to do with end of CP2077. Opposite - they announced expanding this brand in other areas as well.

Guest 4400165

Well, this is a strange thread.
The multiplayer was always planned a couple of years from the game launch. Never ever there was a word or a rumour it's going to launch shortly after the main game release.
You didn't have to pre-order the game to wait for MP. In fact, you could've saved yourself €15-20, at least, if you would've bought it later.

I think their message was kinda vague, because many news outlets put up wrong headlines and people are confused now on what was exactly said.

Guest 4400165

It was vague but I think its not problem with interpretation. CDP coudnt describe it any way better than "we will provide some online elements which you will find interesting".
I get that they're still planning on finishing up Cyberpunk multiplayer, but will try to shove some online functions in other franchises, too. Leaderboards and ratings come to my mind with that phrase. Co-op AC: Unity style, maybe? What else can you put in a single-player game that's only "some online elements"?
They're gonna do it, no doubt there, didn't acquire that Canadian studio that has experience working with MP and renamed it for nothing.

The exact recent quote is this from the CEO;

"Previously we hinted that our next AAA would be a multiplayer Cyberpunk game, but we have decided to reconsider this plan given our new more systemic and agile approach instead of primarily focusing on one big online experience or game we are focusing on bringing online into all of our franchises one day."

While is as others implied above fairly vague. No defined course of action only they MAY change their current course of a separate MP version of the game. I was hoping for a Conan Exiles format MP game but I see that is a pipe dream on my part at this point. I am fairly confidant this is corp speak to soften the impact, prepair the community for the announcement they are axeing the MP version and will revisit it down the road. Most likely in 2022 when they unify their game engine, as then the MP component will be built in. As I feel this is all about not wanting to train and build support for yet another branch of their RED engine. As the CEO said they want to bring all development under this unified engine this makes sense they kick MP down the road until this engine is ready. It is what makes the most sense to me.

i usually don't listen to rumors, especially from youtubers, but this piece of news kinda makes sense. the game runs horribly on last gen systems in SP now imagine how it would run with MP and you have a 100 players running around the city blowing stuff up. Therefor I think there might be some truth to this rumor. Unless they cancel the MP for last gen systems. But imo the negative press this game got i doubt we need MP. Maybe we can have MP for CP2.

1st, April. Guess what, i think guantum computer being minimum requirement for patch 1.3 is also cancelled. True story. ;)

It's not a rumour. It's straight from CDPR.

But it's NOT CANCELLED.

Their original plan was to release a separate multi-player followup to Cyberpunk. Instead they're now considering incorporating some form of multiplayer into Cyberpunk and more.

Previously we hinted that our next AAA would be a multiplayer Cyberpunk game, but we have decided to reconsider this plan given our new more systemic and agile approach instead of primarily focusing on one big online experience or game we are focusing on bringing online into all of our franchises one day.

IMO this is smart and my guess is that part of what they've been doing up to this point is watching how people play and enjoy the game. And with the ability to mod, we see that not everyone enjoys the game exactly the same way. Which could severely limit the potential appeal of a separate multi-player online game which can't allow such flexibility.

My guess is they'll do something like No Man's Sky, which also launched single player and added multi-player co-op later. But not as a traditional "online" game with everything controlled by servers.

im curious how they gonna implement online features in CP77... if half of the playerbase can pimp their game and items with console commands and mods while the other half cant... xserver features across all platforms wont work that easily especially for a studio with nearly no exp in online games/modes...

Well, if they don't include multiplayer at some point, and probably sooner rather than later, it's going to be another backlash storm from disapointed fans and probably more calls for refunds. I know I bought it on the back of "multiplayer will eventually be a thing" being a key element so hearing this is just pissing me off more.

Top Bottom