What advice would you give CDPR?

+
Should CDPR issue a hard recall of the game and issue refunds or something like credit/IOU until the game is truly complete and then rerelease?

not sure how I feel about this idea, just putting it out there.

the game is not good enough as it stands and CDPR need to grab the reigns on this because it’s getting away from them fast.

Don't force your employees to do a horrendous crunch.

Give yourself a realistic timeline to release a game.

People may get upset when you delay a game, but delay it if you need to. Look at what happened when you pushed something out that needed to be delayed (again).

DON'T lie. See next statement.

Whomever made the "it runs surprisingly well on..." statement needs to resign. Whomever made the decision to only show the PC version and prevent people from reviewing it on PS4 and Xbox1 knowing it would run bad on those systems needs to resign.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Stuff like this goes wrong, because upper management always sucks. They are all people with a god complex who need to have a dick measuring contest. That's the biggest issue in corporate jobs.

Until that stops, it will never get better, and people and workers (DEV's) will always suffer for it.

Hire a bunch of consultants, resolve your internal issues real fast.

Fix up your communication issues between the management, marketing, and devs. From the latest update, it seems like CDPR got a real big issue right there. Either about the development, miscommunication between the actual fact progress made and promises, and also the unrealistic expectation/ mgmt deadlines.

I kinda still believe at least CDPR had a good intention to build a great game. but who knows this will get better soon or going another way around? Only your actions and time will tell. Don't forget to enjoy 2020 Christmas though, don't work endlessly until 2077.

Ignore the haters that haven't even played the game, fix the major bugs, add the minor convenience features requested by the community like multi crafting, give your employees a well deserved holiday break, come back and fix PS4/Xbone performance, profit.

When it comes to the base consoles I get someone at CDPR didn't want to kill the visuals too much but most gamers prefer solid performance over stunning visuals.

To management,

- Be transparent, share your vision for next 3 months. We don't even know if you have any plan to add more cut content into the game with updates, or are you guys only willing to fix bugs and make game more stable. We need to know this no matter what you guys will prefer to do.

- Accept your faults, and if you bring any free DLC, do it with apology and let people know that you guys are awknowladged your mistakes.

- Apologize your workers, I can't even imagine how hard seeing this shitstorm that doesn't even their fault.

To developers,

- Keep it up guys, you are just amazing and I'm sorry for you guys to witness all of these shitstorm. You didn't deserve it.

I'm going to be honest. I would not want to be in CDPR's shoes right now. I never thought I would see such a botched launch from this game.

It's hard to give advice to CDPR unless you work there and know what their options are.

Part of me wants them to release a steady stream of overhaul patches because I think Cyberpunk has a lot of potential. But I have no idea if that course of action is viable for them or not. There would be so much work involved. I imagine revamping the base game would put expansion packs on hold for a long time(maybe permanently).

I suppose CDPR could also meet fans halfway and overhaul the game to a much smaller extent. Cyberpunk would still have flaws, but the game will be in better shape. Then maybe CDPR could release some exceptionally good expansion packs and call it quits. Chalk up this whole ordeal as a learning experience.
The game honestly feels like a Steam early access game so they could easily release a roadmap and keep releasing content and fixes.. I think people would accept this if it was constant and the communication was maintained.. Otherwise, the other option is to unrelease the game, refund everyone and finish baking.

Except that it should be sex, drugs and synthesizers. The music in the game is all wrong.
Except for the fact that one of the major roles in the Tabletop is literally called Rockerboy. It is a part of the setting.

Anyways as for CDPR

Managers
  • Accept your faults
  • Be transparent with the Public.
  • Do not force your devs to do crunch
  • apologize to your workers and be more transparent with them, and listen to their feedback far more. If they tell you that they need far more time listen to them.
Developers and other workers
  • You guys have done a great job, and you deserve the praise for your work.
  • look into unionizing to prevent the Managers from forcing you to do Crunch

Supported by everything I have read so far on this forum, in particular, complaints about possible delays:

CDPR

Listen less to 'investors', 'financiers' and those who live complaining about delays (almost the whole of your community base) ... and more to your own employees.

Good hollydays.

Fix the bugs and make the RPG you promised.

Hello Games and No Mans Sky but orders of magnitude more kind of situation.
If they cut their losses and run away from this disaster this company's days are numbered.

You want my advice? Here it is:

The role of management is not to make decisions on what goes into a game. It's not to have your whims tossed around like you're some kind of king. That is the job of the developers as they probably know way more than you about what makes a game fun and interesting. Your job is to make sure that a project stays focused and that the developers have the resources and time to make what they need to make. It's your job to manage logistics, and time. It is NOT your job to dictate how the game should be played. If you want that job, become a developer, not a manager. I've been a general manager. I'm currently working as a lead supervisor. Your job is to make sure your employees can do theirs. Your task is to deal with all the extra stuff that that is well above their pay grade so that they can come to work and focus on the job they need to perform. It's not to lord over them with an iron fist and treat them like they are your servants.

A good manager serves their team. A bad manager acts like their team is there to serve them. Get your head out of your ass and learn that the first step to being a good manager is understanding humility. Leave the technical work to the professionals, as they know their job WAY better than you do. Your job is to keep everything running so they have a place to come to work every day.

If you don't understand that, you don't belong in your position. Period.

So I do think there is learning to be done from the after math of the Fall Out

(Admins, please dont edit my post like you did elsewhere, Im am NOT doing console vrs PC war here but some of my points DO address the console vrs PC issue and that simply can not be avoided on this topic )

1) (this one that got me editted before but its the Number one issue I think CDPR needs to address and learn from because of what happened)

GO back to releasing PC version FIRST and then 3-6-12 months down the road port/release on console.
CDPR has always been a PC first company (even if they try to down play it now publicly) and had they held the release to only PCs. The feedback would have been overwhelmingly positive and the stock would have risen. Not taking the hit it took because of the backlash by last gen console users.

Im sorry but thats just the cold hard truth of matter.
So focus on your core supporters initially.

Sad truth of matter is consoles have a shelf life (for AAA top end games, longer for games not pushing the limit like Cyberpunk did) of 3 years. In 3 years its time to buy a new more powerful console or suffer problems trying to run newer top grade products. Consoles are released with expiring technology normally. So you always going to run into the problem of consoles lagging behind in hardware because of how the entire business model is designed.

This game was focused on current high end computers (even my 3 year old computer (which was very high end 3 years ago) has no Ray Tracing and no DLSS ability because my 1080ti card didn't have that when made.

As I said, if this game had released for computers only and then 3 months later added in consoles
None of the problems currently happening would have existed and that would have given last gen console players the chance to hear how great game is and update systems. Plus also how many last gen console players you think get NEW consoles on Xmas, just 14 days after launch. Holding the console players back even 14 days would have probably eliminated a great number of current problems.

So that's my #1 suggestion. Revert back to doing staged releases.
My biggest hope in policy change to come from the fallout of all this
PCs first and then 3-6-12 months later consoles
Unless of course the product not pushing the needle and easily adapts to all systems naturally (but thats not the case here with Cyberpunk)
Because honestly it terrifies me to think the real fallout might be CDPR just saying screw it and no longer being as innovative and boundary pushing as real fans of them have come to expect and admire.

Now onto actual gameplay

2) the cover system leaves allot to be desired. Its really not very good and could be so much better.
You got a ton of inspiration from Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided so go back and look at their cover system as it was very very very good.

3) NPC AI. Now I can run my game at Ultra/high settings except for RayTracing and DLSS related stuff.
So the common complaint of wandering people doesnt apply to me.
The city feels very alive and happening on the sidewalks with an amazing amount of people moving every direction
BUT enemies do seem lacking in their AI over all

4) No third Person perspective to play in.
To me this is a big big big deal
I really struggle with judging distances in first person mode.
I love the Deus Ex like exploration in game but most of it is jumping related rather then finding airducts and such. And jumping in FPP sucks bad.

Also I still think being able to customize your character is a waste as you stuck in first person mode.
Mirror and photo mode do not make up for it

Also IIll point out that if you read the TPP requests, they all about adding TPP to game, not removing FPP.
People wanted the choice to decide which is best for them personally
Where as all the FPP posts are about STOPPING TPP mode
It seems the FPP supporters are more worried about other players enjoying a different veiw then them
then they are about what's best for game
What's best for game is giving players the choice between FPP and TPP

To be up front here
I almost didn't pre order because of the FPP only
and while I did end up pre ordering and am enjoying CP2077
any future games that are only FPP will be a pass from me outright

Absolutely no excuse to not give players the option between the two perspectives in this day and age.

5) I'm shocked honestly I have to equip an item to see what it looks like
seems to me a preview option would have been do easy to do
not a big deal but one of those cosmetic improvement things

6) As I keep mentioning Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided
I would love greater level creation like DE games.
Alternative paths and secret sneak ways and such
Playing CP2077 makes me long to replay my DE games again
But if CP added in more of that type of game play
Well that would be amazing

7) Locked doors. (the red locked door you can never enter. IE: Invisible wall)
I hate them, I really do
I'm in this massive city and in front of me a sign read OPEN yet the doors are for ever locked
Why cant I enter a business when its open
Break in when its closed
In a city ran on crime and murder and all that.
Its amazing how a simple locked door is the best type of protection

8) I'm not a big fan of how a warrant on you means instant attack despite nothing and no one seeing you do a crime.
And what if I want to hunt the police????
I haven't tried yet but being the ultimate villain was going to be one of my play through concepts
But seeing how police work in CP2077, I'm really not sure about that anymore.

Speaking of police, I'm at street cred 30 now and the police still attack me if they even see me helping them
What's up with that?

9) Contrary to allot of people out there, I don't mind you making a pure Lesbian NPC as long as its balanced
So their has to be pure straight NPCs you can romance
To me fair I haven't gotten that far in story and all to see this stuff but was reading posts complaining about it yesterday and that was my only thought

No problem at all if there is purely gay NPCs as long as there is also purely straight NPCs to balance it out.
Some people claim all romanceable NPCs should be bi sexual, but that's just a politically correct cop out to me.
If you envision a NPC as gay then make him or her gay. But don't be hypocrites by making all others bi. Put in some strictly straight romance options as well.

If I think of (or just remember) more I will come back and add to this post

1. Listen to your workers. Crunch culture doesn't just burn out staff, it creates a culture where people try to do things fast instead of right, where corners get cut, and where conversations about deadlines become unrealistic. CDPR's inability to set realistic deadlines and their taskmaster relationship with their workers are not two different problems, they are the same problem.

2. Cyberpunk needs a proper relaunch, and it's not something that is gonna happen by February. While a stable, bug-free version of the game we have now would have likely satisfied most players (I certainly think the game itself is excellent) the mishandling of the launch has raised the bar and CDPR need to impress. This means revamping some of the game's commonly criticized weak points (AI and Police to start with, maybe rebalancing as well) and really listening to critics.

3. If necessary use the DLC roadmap as a path to improve the base game as well. This buys time, but instead of just making an expansion with new missions, have it upgrade the base game with more features and interactivity as well.

4. Reward early adopters who stuck with you. Don't let them feel like they paid to beta test and incomplete game. Whatever it is, free DLC, whatever.

Take a well-earned break and feel good about the fact that you made a game that, despite its flaws, delivers an amazing experience.

Then, know that the fans will forgive you if you right the ship and make this game the masterpiece we all know it's capable of being.

Lastly:

Never stop fighting, Samurai.

Management:

**** you, corpo scum

Developers:

The passion you had developing this game shows. I hope things get better for you regarding crunch.

I would tell them that the most important thing now, the real priority is to make the game good for ps4 base and xbox one base console players. They paid for the product, they deserve this kind of respect.

After that, as they promissed the best game experience possible, I would like to see an improvement in the game in these areas:

1) Animations and performance. Eliminate glitches and animation continuity errors.

Even though Cyberpunk 2077 is not a sandbox, like GTA V, there's a lot to be improved in animations and reactions that certainly would make the game more immersive. Even pedestrian reactions to what is done is very shallow and superficial.

In the current state, unfortunately, the world looks very dead. These two videos show what I mean by that.

GTA V, which is a game from 2013, 7 years ago, is more immersive in mechanics.

2) Make the world more interactive.

Players should be able to eat and drink in Restaurants, Bars, Night Clubs and Street Vendors, with specific animations, not only on missions, it improves the immersion, which is important because it's a first person game.

3) Fix the driving for cars for those who play with keyboard and mouse (forget the controller advice - it's a FPS).

Some cars are good to drive, like the Porsche 911, the Javelina and the Cthulhu are some of the cars that are great to drive, with nice handling, even in keyboard.

On the other hand, the Caliburn, Aerondight, and a lot of others are very bad to drive in keyboard, it's hard to correct their turning angle, so they slide everywhere, it ruins the driving experience, and makes quick travel mandatory.

Usually, while driving, if the driver is making a turn to the right and corrects the angle by pressing the left button, while maintaining the accelerator button pressed, the car slowly straights itself. In some games, to make the car stop turning to the right and make it turn to the left, you have to give the accel button some taps (instead of keeping it pressed).

This kind of driving feedback makes the car easier to control in keyboard. Otherwise, players will be forced to choose between an optimal driving with artificial shooting playing with the controller, or bad driving with optimal shooting with mouse and keyboard, which harms the experience.

4) Insert information about damage, mods for gear and weapons, and general character stats, and how all of these operates in gameplay.

Without these informations it's very hard to plan an upgrade strategy for the first playthrough.

When the player select a mod, there should be a stats comparison showing what the mod will do to the weapon/gear.

5) Improve the economic system.

Paying 100k for one legendary weapon in stores is almost forcing the player to invest in technical ability and crafting, which defeats the RPG element of choice.

6) General items problem. Stats on unique weapons and gear shouldn't depend on luck, and should be better than other items. Later game Unique problem.

That's because otherwise you'll be forcing the player to waste time with reloads everytime the item gets a bad roll, because there is no second chance.

There should be more pants and shoes in the game. I don't know for the others, but in my experience, I felt that the looting and vendors prioritized the uper body equips, rarely giving me decent shoes and pants.

It would be nice if unique items could be useful in later game without the harsh upgrade mechanic. Otherwise they will lose their usage in end game. Malorian pistol is a good example of that - even with all pistol upgrades it became useless, so I had to use another weapon to deal with Smasher.

Sometimes when the inventory menu is closed, when reopened, the stats showed on the item change the dps number.

7) Inventory and crafting management should be adressed.

To click and wait for the bar to get full to craft an item makes the crafting process very boring, it would be better if the player could craft items just by choosing the number of items to be crafted (just like it works for scraping).

With so many variations, there should be a submenu to organize shirts, jackets, pants, shoes, and so on.

The third slot in the legendary arms cyber enhancements is apparently unused. There should be more info about it.

There should be an option to hide face and head gear, so the player can see the character in the inventory menu (to make the customization option meaninful).

There should be and option to "mark to sell later" and a "tick option" on the items to make the selling process easier.

8) Apartment mechanic is unused.

There is no practical reason for the player to use the apartment in game, no status effect on showering or sleeping. No fatigue or illness effect. V never complains about being tired. You use these one time, just to see the animations and that's it.

There should be a mechanic linked to V's apartment, to make it a useful tool in the game.

The wardrobe just store some clothing, but you can't use it in the apartment.

To stock some clothing gear behind a glass wardrobe (just like batman's armor in Arkham's series) would be nice too. Or to have the Witcher 3 option would work too.

There is no reason to force the player to sit in the couch to be able to watch TV.

9) Consumables are under used.

Their effects are so mild that they can be totally neglected by the player. And alcohol is just bad - there's no reason for it to be used, or collected.

The fact that medical items, alcohool and food are mixed in the same inventory tab just makes alcohol and food a way to make the inventory management clunkier.

10) Improve the romance and friendship interactive options after their quests are finished.

It would be nice to be able to call V's friends/girlfriend/boyfriend to make some minigames with them (drink, dance, gambling, side activities that should be in the game).

To chat and hang out, and insert some gameplay mechanics in it would be nice.

Something like hanging out with Panam after her romance quest is done should be possible and could make her give V a schematic for Aldecaldo's jacket, pants, t-shirt, or something like that. The same goes with the other romance options.

I'm not suggesting GTA CyberPunk 2077 but......wait......
Anyway..... As far as quality and attention to detail, CDPR might want to take a page from RockStar's book of game quality standards.

Top Bottom