What advice would you give CDPR?

+
I'd tell them to go back to formula. The in-game menu is full of stupidity and deceitfulness, which is the biggest playability problem.

No need to rush, because that's what caused the unfinished game in the 1st place.
But start finishing the game, because this is not a finished game in so many aspects.

If they require guidance, they should call the redemption masters, Hello Games, AKA No Man's Sky devs.
I thoroughly hate HG for normalizing releasing unfinished games and the "we will fix it later" mentality. I love No Man's Sky but it should serve as cautionary tale rather than inspiration.

Hello games is the story of the underdog. Cd projekt red is not underdog to start with. They had all the time all the means to make an in depth roleplay game what they delivered is an half baked open world with some nice stories ((very few)) majority of the gameplay cponsisting in boring copy paste task ubisoft style and a borderlands and watch dog hybrid.

I don't think we can't compare the two.

i really doubt its rushed, my gut hits me so hard that this game was scrapped at some moment of time, and redone with different ideas. Sorry but that's just my gut telling me.

I thoroughly hate HG for normalizing releasing unfinished games and the "we will fix it later" mentality. I love No Man's Sky but it should serve as cautionary tale rather than inspiration.
I don't think it was their initial intention to normalize that. No one wants to fuck up.
The point is that they've realized they fucked up, and started working hard to do everything they could to make the game better.

All that is left to do, is to see how much will CDPR do, to make the game better, and they've got so much to do.

I don't think it was their initial intention to normalize that. No one wants to fuck up.
The point is that they've realized they fucked up, and started working hard to do everything they could to make the game better.

All that is left to do, is to see how much will CDPR do, to make the game better, and they've got so much to do.
I don't think it was their intention either. And their reputation has been repaired with me personally otherwise. But they are still responsible for one of the biggest stains on the industry and its repercussions are still felt so I find it hard to forgive them for that one thing.

The advice that I'd give CDPR is to be more open to consumers, listen more to devs concerns when releasing new content, [...] and give us a basic roadmap without time limits so that we can see what they are working on but it hopefully wont lead to crunch for the devs.

But most importantly, never let this happrn again. I never preorder games, but I did this time because I trusted CDPR. That trust is now gone and I'm not sure I'll be able to trust any gaming company enough to preorder a game ever again. In the future they will have to prove themselves before I buy anything.

Refund investor instead of wasting money on lawyer because you are going to loose.
Refund every players that want a refund.
Send this game back to early access until ready.

Back to the drawing board...

I and a whole bunch of others tried telling you what would have worked.
You ignored your fanbase...and..."bang", your game is a lead balloon.

Reintroduce the occasional 3rd person view, cutscenes, walking down hallways, in
V's apartment, etc...as originally advertised.
Games that brag about high levels of character customization, the players need to see it!

And don't rush it out the door early and figure you'll patch the problems later.

Good luck fixing this!

In all honesty?

First, and foremost: LEARN TO WRITE A PROPER ENDING

And second, to chill, they could have delayed it a bit more to not have this disaster, sure they would lose some money, but at least situation wouldn't be THIS bad, I think they forced a bit the release, should've waited a little more, polished a little more, relaxed a little more.
Should have only released it on the new consoles aswell , maybe they wouldn't have had to drop so much content

Companies are smart and know not to advertise too much so early in development. You have games that announce their product and go completely underground until their game is about finished, or if they do advertise, they at least wait some and keep features to a minimum.

Cyberpunk in a way is a diamond in the rough. The damage may have already been dealt, but there is still hope. The main issue that cyberpunk has -

Their base story is great, but their mediocre lifepath/dialogue options hurt it.

The gun play is dope, but their balance and crappy AI ruins it.

Their world/city is beautiful, but its shallowness taints it.

Their vehicles are cool, but the vehicles are poorly grounded and its first person view is really hit and miss.

The new things they implemented in character creation is nice, but they took one step forward and two steps back. That and the lack of third person V hurts it.

I can go on and on, but do you see what I mean? It is hard to like the game without disliking it at the same time. They need to focus on this reality that most players are dealing with.

Give your Devs and employees a break, encourage them on a job WELL DONE within the stupid time crunch, and then after they've had a rest, let them fix the game without ham-stringing them. Let them turn Cyberpunk into the game we all know it can be. Take a page from the guys and gals over at No Man's Sky, who've worked tirelessly to overcome a shitty launch and turned their game into an absolute gem to play.
Well said, I echo this sentiment.

If I had to give one thing. I'd tell CD to explain the reasons why V has the same fate for all the endings. If people heard that the reason is because a planned DLC story requires it. It would make more sense. But the thing that bugs me is that there's no deviations to any of them. With exception of the suicide one. It's always 6 months. It's always, we don't have post missions for each one to give some closure. The game cutting off feels like a screw you move. To the little we had control over it. This is where if the Life Paths did anything. Corpo would have been the most logical one. That would save V's life. Street Kid could have allowed a murder rampage vigilanty over the city as payback.

Nomad, stealing and working for the family. I was disappointed there was no ending to go all out and get rid of everything that involved Johnny. Kill Rogue, Kerry etc. Full on SCREW YOU WORLD. Do the Hananko ending. Take up her job. After you get to Earth. Get rid of Saburo and Hananko. Why is there no evil ending? That would have been a great way to end the secret ending. Instead of reusing the other two stock endings.

Last edited:
I would say ' Be Honest.. and Deliver What You Promised'

'You basically got millions of orders and hundreds of millions of dollars in advance for what has amounted to an 'early release, bug-ridden alpha' on the strength of illusory marketing riding on the back of celebrity hype. It's time for ego (celebrity and suits alike) to take a back seat and your focus to be entirely on giving full and fair value for what you have been paid for, and meet reasonable customer expectation of a 'fully finished functional' and scalable game title.'

'Nothing else now will rescue you from this debacle and the embarrassment and reputational disaster that has been this game's launch legacy. It is time to set aside marketing spin, open up honestly, admit mistakes, invest in repair and quality control, make a delivery plan in line with real, known customer demand and eschew commercial ambitions for paid DLCs.

I would recommend that you do everything in your power to change this game sufficiently so that players, critics and competitors alike can honestly applaud you, eventually, for that resolve and integrity, and for the finished revised product'

Top Bottom