What advice would you give CDPR?

+
I would tell them to relax, every company has a Medellin moment, is what you do afterwards that counts. Fix the bugs and then move on. Make your Ciri game and make sure its awesome, you already have an amazing blue print with the Witcher 3. Do not waste resources on DLC and MP for this game, this game is already doomed, focus on Cyberpunk 2, you now have the tech and it will be nexgen only so its smooth sailing, make the game you always wanted to make, show us the full world of Cyberpunk!
Have an honest conversation with the fans maybe bring in Geoff Keighley to MC it, and really have a long 2hour conversation on what went wrong what your initial vision was and how you learned from your mistakes, honesty is best policy. You do this fans will respect you and give you another chance.

Give your Devs and employees a break, encourage them on a job WELL DONE within the stupid time crunch, and then after they've had a rest, let them fix the game without ham-stringing them. Let them turn Cyberpunk into the game we all know it can be. Take a page from the guys and gals over at No Man's Sky, who've worked tirelessly to overcome a shitty launch and turned their game into an absolute gem to play.

I'm going to be honest. I would not want to be in CDPR's shoes right now. I never thought I would see such a botched launch from this game.

It's hard to give advice to CDPR unless you work there and know what their options are.

Part of me wants them to release a steady stream of overhaul patches because I think Cyberpunk has a lot of potential. But I have no idea if that course of action is viable for them or not. There would be so much work involved. I imagine revamping the base game would put expansion packs on hold for a long time(maybe permanently).

I suppose CDPR could also meet fans halfway and overhaul the game to a much smaller extent. Cyberpunk would still have flaws, but the game will be in better shape. Then maybe CDPR could release some exceptionally good expansion packs and call it quits. Chalk up this whole ordeal as a learning experience.

to the devs , I would say thank you, for bringing us this game despite being subjected to unreasonable and unrealistic time frames and I hope you have a fantastic christmas, to the executives...let the professionals do the job you hired them for, listen to them, they know what they're on about, you created this mess and now the devs have to clean it up...shame on you.

Give everyone who wants it a refund regardless if its pc or console. Many people who are fans will not refund anyway and keep it. With the refunds opting out youll have a smoother community until the game is 100% fixed. Lets be real most of them would rebuy it at that time as well.

1.) Never announce a game years ahead of launch, especially 8 years.
2.) Don't show content and have interviews discussing and advertising content that will not be in the final product.
3.) Don't release a game before it's ready.
4.) Improve working conditions for developers and do not have such excessive overtime obligations. Studies show that productivity and staff morale significantly decreases with increased hours, short staffing and poor conditions. Follow the science.
5.) Put more trust into the developers, give them more power in development and give their ideas a chance.
6.) Release an early access product next time. Had they released the 2018 demo version of the game up until the heist, they would have had an absolute ton of feedback to work with and bugs would likely be squashed. Furthermore, players would be more patient until release, they'd get their money and the final product would be much better for it. Example is DoS2 and BG3, though I'd listen to player feedback more than Larian is currently.

Edit: Can't emphasize point 6 enough. Releasing up to the heist for players to play and critique a year or more ahead of time as an early access would have spoiled none of the game, would have allowed for tons of feedback and analytics and would have make an exceptional game (compared to what we got).

I'm enjoying the game and after 70 h of game play i would like to say what i think about it.

I want to make you know guys that i still love your job despite the actual situation but if these features would not be implemented this love would go to trash.

The game is beautiful despite bugs and glitches but i think to speak for a lot of the community peoples when i say that this game still MUST be on development for these reasons:

1) There are none of the mentioned acid rains in the game.

2) There are just 2 Toyboy that we can interact with.

3) Most of the player decisions while speaking with someone are meaningless / useless in terms of lore modification and character relations and reactions.

4) The choice of hide nudity while on first person is very worthless given the fact that YOU guys wanted to add feature like add penises / vaginas. It's all or nothing here.

5) There is no way to fail a job or a mission or to "ruin" our run by killing any of the Fixers NPC or anyone else ( like a kid who insult me while going around the streets, this is cyberpunk and brutality must be everywhere) who is a main character of the storyline. Give us the chance to do this too... this is a GDR open-world and peoples want to feel free of doing every stupid thing go through their minds.

6) The general AI of the game is pretty much absent. Peoples just walks / run / hide without any other believable reactions. Enemies are very dumb and boring to face and i'm playing the game on max difficulty since day one. They don't feel "human" enough.

Me and ( at least i think and hope ) the community, we can wait more to see this happening but PLEASE GUYS do these improvements and put into the game everything you've promised.

As i said before i still love this game and i'm still going to play it. But this is NOT the game you've talked about, so please, make it the game you've promised.

With love, a CDPR fanboy.

Here is my advice.

1. Development (entire working staff) Team.
Sit down with them and ask them 3 things. What went wrong? How can we fix that? How do we get your vision into the game ASAP? Aside from that give them a break. Acceptable working hours and most importantly if the Creative Team and the Dev Team have a Vision about the game don't interrupt them or play it down or anything for that matter but sit down and listen. The fact this company was called the best many times is exactly because of that and not because management wanted to cut corners and ship an unfinished unpolished game out.

2. Management.
I am sure some ppl are more responsible for the failures then others. But Blaming will accomplish what exactly? Right. Absolutely Nothing. So instead of doing that focus on what you did wrong and what you can do to improve for the game, the company and most importantly for the workers under your umbrella so you don't create a workplace no one wants to stay in or thinks their voice don't matter cause that is how many great Studios got destroyed. By either not listening or worse by creating a workplace no one in his right mind wanted to stay in.
So don't blame people but start adressing problems and how to fix them. Blaming makes it only worse for everyone. Including the customer.

3. Peformance issues.
To many this game is unplayable. As bad as this sounds it could be alot worse. Trying to fix that piece by piece has priority but not on the cost of the dev team or anyone included on this project. What we need is a happy and healthy team working on this and fixing one issue at a time to increase the overall gaming experience for everyone.

4. Game Features that are missing.
Yes there are many features missing. And yes we would like to get them all back. But in reality you have to look at what is possible right now and what is possible in a year from now. If you start little by little improving the game more and more instead of one big chunk of 20 GB update people would not only see you still care for the best experience we players can get but they would also see you guys are deeply devoted to the project and try to give us the best game and the best vision of it you guys had at the start of this project. And if it takes 2 or 3 years to accomplish that i can gladly wait.

5. Endings.
This might sound entitled but with everything going on in 2020 and many things that are happening in the game sidequests and story. We or better said V deserves multiple endings. Some bad. Some worse then bad. Some neutral and some happy ones. The fact that there is literally just one and that is V dying regardless what you do is not really what an RPG should be. Feels more like a scripted COD cash grab storyline not an RPG one. Especially with the marketing telling us for years "the choices we make will influence how our story goes and ends" Yeah well that sounds awesome but to bad for us it ends always one way. The one way ticket to hell.
This not only feels depressing for the character we play (Which by the way is way better if your play as female V) but also for the player. It feels like nothing we do as players has any impact on how the story goes or how the story ends. It ends always the same which is really depressing and kills the motivation for a replay.

6. Music
it is fine and all but we already got music for this kind of genre it is called "Synthwave" and there is plenty of it on youtube. Be it from "New Retrowave Channel" (a collab between multiple artists sharing their work" or single artists like Lazerhawk, Perpetuator, The Midnight to name a few. They make the perfect music on synthesizers for this kind of game.

That would be my advice list. Sure i got more but i don't want to bombard everyone in here reading my "ideas" when i know that CDPR has ppl who know all of that way better then me and i really hope management starts LISTENING TO THEM!

This release might be even good for them in a long therm - as a studio and publisher. Prior to the release there was too much of : " ... In CD PROJEKT RED we ..." (make amazing things) - basicaly. So they got reality check.

Life :shrug:

My advice : Don't give up. Nobody's perfect. Other devs fail game releases left and right and they're fine and dandy.
Cyberpunk 2077 has insane potential, so flesh it out - even if it will take another year.

The game has been released, in a way or in another.

Give devs freedom in fixing the most problematic issues and those unbelievable glitches/bugs and preferably.....give a proper management education to those in management, not only on the financial side.

1. Don't lie about the state of the game ever again. If things aren't peachy, say so and explain why more time is needed.

2. Take a break and when you come back to it in 2021, hunker down and fix the game. Make it as close as it can be to your original vision because it clearly isn't anywhere near it right now.

That's about all there is to it.

Control Improvements
  1. Dedicated key for holstering or, barring that, a more lenient window for the double-tap.
  2. A smaller, more precise cursor. The current one makes it hard to click and drag the scrollbar and easy to accidentally click fast travel points on the map.
Interface
  1. Proper names of shops on the map (gun vendors, ripperdocs, etc;). It's difficult to keep track of what's where.
  2. Inventory sorting. Everything is everywhere right now.
  3. Better sorting for shards, phone contacts, messages, and the database. Things start to get very cluttered after a while, and I hate the way every category is auto-expanded. I have to manually collapse everything to see if I missed any "new" stuff. And there are dead people in my contact list.
  4. A detailed list of status effects. I want to know what buffs/debuffs my character has with text. Could go right in the stats menu.
Content
  1. A more dynamic and featured database. The codices in the Witcher series updated as you learned things and gave a ton of information.
Going to stop there because I don't want to get into DLC territory. These are just things I think could be rolled into patches.

Except that it should be sex, drugs and synthesizers. The music in the game is all wrong.
Not really. In most Cyberpunk settings, the music is always a mix of styles. Shadowrun is like that. You have Orc Grunge, Elven synth and New wave, etc. But even then, the styles cross, mix, and sometimes turn into something completely new.

In part, I'll agree with you in that I think they missed an opportunity to give some musicians a free reign and let them go nuts with creating some music that nobody has heard before. It would have been interesting to see what might have come of that.

To Management:

Those of you at the top, you should absolutely blame yourselves for this situation which you, and only you, could have created. Blame serves a very useful purpose in self improvement; and as managers/owners/directors of the company, you definitely can do better than this, and should have known ahead of time the vague direction this would take. The blame attached to every negative impact to the business surrounding this release can be placed on your shoulders. Use this blame to become better versions of yourselves and move forward at a measurably higher level.

To Developers:

You people have done a fantastic job so far! No complaints! Even in its current state on PC, I am loving this game!

Last edited:
Top Bottom