What advice would you give CDPR?

+
First of all happy holidays. Enjoy them and in January get to work.

Deliver the game you promised, advertised, and talked about for 8 years.

More story not less, and stop censoring! Cyberpunk is a dark gritty future where it's just meat. Transhumanism remember that, stop this prudist behavior. Let the censor nudity toggle do it's job.... What happened to "No censorship". I want the CDPR that developed one of the best games in history back. Bring back CDPR dark worlds with that beautiful storytelling.

I want to WALK around Night City! Experience it by walking into a bar sitting on a stool and ordering a real drink. Walk into a diner eat food and watch people walk by with the skyline in the background. Braindances that aren't just for the story. Walk up to a food vender's stall take a seat and order fake meat. Immersion is what was sold to me, and I want it. I can tell it was there or was suppose to be but was gutted. I don't care how long it takes just make it happen. Now, I know why DLCs and Expansions were not talked about yet..

Street stories.... I want them as they were promised. I want the zones and the gangs to matter. An arc and story line for each that tell us what is going on in those zones. Why are the fixers physically in the game world? The phone is used why to much. I want to interact with, get to know these characters more. A breadcrumb quest is a good use for the phone, but not for all side quests/gigs. If you go see a fixer in person, its just like calling them. You get the same questions, its useless. I expected CDPR storytelling, and not in just in the main story and maybe a handful of side quests. Remember the side quests that are as good as the Bloody Baron in The Witcher3? 90% of the side quests are hollow and mindless, nothing like The Witcher 3...

Get the project managers/managers in general under control. It's very obvious they are not good at their job. I have read war stories from devs who are with another studio now, and it is not pretty. I know a lot of talent left after The Witcher 3, but you have a lot of great talent there still. Let the new blood shine and listen when the devs say they need more time. You had 5+ years to deliver a CDPR quality product, you failed. Now, it is time to pick up the pieces and listen to your team, and remember the vision and stay true to it.

True fan, please don't let us down.

My advise would for them not to make their forced censorship decision. Its not logical only place to be fully nude is customization screen and inventory and no wear else. Why bother making it customizable then? Who showers with their underwear still on?

Major feedback thread 30+ pages, no response from official source yet. Think we need some feedback and this time explain their decision making not just say, "not a bug".

I say just keep putting out patches. I've played over 70 hours on ps4, i'm not going to refund it because of that reason. Because i believe they won't abandon it. I see how great the game is and the potential it has. Just don't give this game up, please.

Too not give up on the game...
Keep making it better....
Dont be afraid to be creative!!!!!
BUILD OFF THE STORY/LORE... THIS UNIVERSE IS MONEY!
If they just leave and go to another game...
Than ill feel like i got hoodwinked

Don’t lie to your customers, investors and don’t be greedy. CDPR knew the PS4 and Xbox one versions were bad yet hid it from their customers and investors. A damn shame because up until recently they had a good record of being pro consumer and transparent. Now they are just another lying greedy company like all the others. Had they fessed up that the ps4 and xbox one ports needed more work people wanting to play on those platforms would have been upset but if would have been nowhere near the bad PR shitestorm they got from deception.

I would like a little more choice and consequence in the game personally. The ability to turn off the annoying quest marker and an improved inventory management system.

Saying that i got mine on pc and it’s a great game visual bugs and all.
Just should never have been released on last gen consoles until they got the game playable. Christmas and 4th quarter earning report greed.

Last edited:
To Management:

Those of you at the top, you should absolutely blame yourselves for this situation which you, and only you, could have created. Blame serves a very useful purpose in self improvement; and as managers/owners/directors of the company, you definitely can do better than this, and should have known ahead of time the vague direction this would take. The blame attached to every negative impact to the business surrounding this release can be placed on your shoulders. Use this blame to become better versions of yourselves and move forward at a measurably higher level.

To Developers:

You people have done a fantastic job so far! No complaints! Even in its current state on PC, I am loving this game!

Was going to make a post but you pretty much eloquently expressed exactly what I believe so I'll just leave it be.

Buy back all the stock and go back to being a private company.

Won't change any bit about the game. The game has been made by the developer, not the investors (whether they are small individual or gambling corporation trying to make a hefty profit).

I'll say a few fings :

Gameplay not deep enough, most of the perks are useless and not game changing
(it is more or less +x% damage/reload faster that type of weapon kind of thing for the "fighters", for the "builders" its more like consume less components or build weapons/armors that get more base damage or armor points, same goes for the hacks, melee combat, and so on...).
The game changing are the stats, which will make the players navigate differently inside the game. But the perks doesn't unlock anything that will make the game completly different, it only improves the effectiveness of a play style, but it doesn't seem to unlock specific abilities in the play style itself. (i haven't tried everything, i could be partially wrong, for the hacking in particular / but the stealth aspect is reported as a "big mess" from what i've read)

All those stupid quest about cleaning places that popup at the very beginning of the game in each part of the city, useless and not interesting. I could see some dynamic event happening like that because you're doing some main or secondary contracts that should have an impact on how people or gangs might react after that. But covering maps with shitty nonsense for the most part of it is a shame in 2020, especialy from a studio that always said "quality over quantity". Well we got quantity of useless stuff this time.

A little bit disappointed by the "cyberstuffing" too, i was expecting more "cinematic like" experience when upgrading the body (like the first improvement we got in the game). So the player might notice a visual impact on its body modifications in the end.
Even when you're a shitty merc, the fixer keep employing you. Most of them will tell you that they need a discrete approach or someone not to be killed. Of course you can do how you want in the end, and they are pissed off at the end of every contracts, but they keep coming back to you despite you being a shitty merc. There is no real impact on how you treat the contract, except you don't get the "bonus" at the end (which is probably just more money, so a "pointless bonus").

The AI feels underpowered completly. I've begun at hard setting and it feels to easy. They don't move to surprise you, they don't use "cyberpower" enough (or they lack it too much).

Somehow, in the witcher we were trapped with Geralt, because it was pre-written for us.
For V, i was expecting more freedom. But in the end, we're trapped with V the merc that will play with the same fixers/contacts all the way along. There will be small differences here and there leading to differents end. But you can't restart the game and expect a fully different replay value. Too bad, i am pretty sure V was a more open character than Geralt so the player could have follow completly different "life path" that you created for the prologue but in the end had no real impact for the whole game.

Where we could have had 3 different game in the same, you made only one with few different special lines of text. I was really hoping that the corpo will somehow deal with "corpo contacts" and building its own business, street kids with "gangs" related stuff (dealer, thief, whatever) and nomad the mercs way we are living right now i guess, more or less. But in the end, everyone goes to the afterlife and follow the same path.
Was promising at first, but didn't took the shot to make the difference. Quality over quantity guys.

Last edited:
1. Lay low. Lick your wounds. Stay quiet, communicate about technical fixes only.

2. Take care of your people in the meantime. Let them rest, breathe, seek advice or help. Share your profits with them. Make them feel appreciated and rich.

3. Get on your feet, shake off the dust from your Samurai jacket and get back on track with fixes, updates, DLC.

4. Prove the haters wrong.

1. Lay low. Lick your wounds. Stay quiet, communicate about technical fixes only.

2. Take care of your people in the meantime. Let them rest, breathe, seek advice or help. Share your profits with them. Make them feel appreciated and rich.

3. Get on your feet, shake off the dust from your Samurai jacket and get back on track with fixes, updates, DLC.

4. Prove the haters wrong.

Prtocedural mission generator

(someone, just help me in my flag, demand, desire... :D )

Especially this. Like I've said before, the science shows that productivity and quality are significantly decreased when staff is overworked or understaffed.

That aside, it's just humane.

This all the way.
1.) Never announce a game years ahead of launch, especially 8 years.
2.) Don't show content and have interviews discussing and advertising content that will not be in the final product.
3.) Don't release a game before it's ready.
4.) Improve working conditions for developers and do not have such excessive overtime obligations. Studies show that productivity and staff morale significantly decreases with increased hours, short staffing and poor conditions. Follow the science.
5.) Put more trust into the developers, give them more power in development and give their ideas a chance.
6.) Release an early access product next time. Had they released the 2018 demo version of the game up until the heist, they would have had an absolute ton of feedback to work with and bugs would likely be squashed. Furthermore, players would be more patient until release, they'd get their money and the final product would be much better for it. Example is DoS2 and BG3, though I'd listen to player feedback more than Larian is currently.

Edit: Can't emphasize point 6 enough. Releasing up to the heist for players to play and critique a year or more ahead of time as an early access would have spoiled none of the game, would have allowed for tons of feedback and analytics and would have make an exceptional game (compared to what we got).

This all the way.

1. Be humble, acknowledge you fucked up, don't try to blame player's expectations etc

2. Be transparent on what comes next, how you approach the game post launch.

3. Stay communicative. Don't be silent for weeks/months and only say something when a patch etc is about to be released.

4. Find some brave souls in your company and have them interact via Reddit/Forums with fans

5. If you, hopefully, have additional content planned - communicate what it will be, what the community can look forward to.

6. If you have Witcher-like DLC planned - be careful how you will price it.

7. Don't abandon the game like EA did with Andromeda. Or make some weird announcements like, well, EA with Anthem 2.0 and then go silent.

8. Look at the biggest thread so far at the moment on this forum, with 6000 posts, in regards to the endings, and look deep inside yourself if that is really how you wanna end the game, and encourage players to go on playing with your game

My advice is that read all the Cyberpunk 2020 books (if they dont have there is a humble bundle book bundle right now). Play some Crpg/pnp rpg games and fix this game. Fix the life paths, fix the open world, fix the ai, fix the
environment, fix the bands, fix the difficulty, fix the rpg elements ( use the books pls ) , fix the choice system if the game have if not make one,fix the random encounter, fix the open world. lot of work but they have the money now!!!!!( 13 mill sold copies).

don't have big hopes guys but if this post can help here it is i'm not ranting. CDPR do your job if you have one of the greatest RPG IP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom