What advice would you give CDPR?

+
Of course this is only my opinion and I don't think anyone will even read this or care. But never the less, I get it off my chest :)
Here goes:

• In a multiple ending game, leave room for at least one or two that end in a happy end. While I found one that works for myself mostly, I truly wish video games weren't notorious for sad endings. It's ok to provide them alongside the darker ones.
  • Speaking of that, the biggest advise I'd like to give is that you don't treat V as just a means to an end for the player to get around. She's a full fledged character too and not a one and gone player gonk.
  • Don't release a story DLC that is set before the end of the game. Rather expand on the completed story and use what happened in the ends as "life paths" for it. The characters are loved. All of them. Including V.
Maybe this is more wishful thinking than actual advice, but in the end... I still loved every second of the game.

Its difficult to know where to start really :D

- Fixing the bugs is an absolute must.

- Then rework the RP system in the game, get it balanced and in a state where you don't become a God. But where loot, crafting, builds etc. matters a lot more than they do now, so it feels more like a RPG than a action game.

- Fix the traffic

- Make Nightcity more interactive.

- Add the missing features.

- Fix the economy and the general loot in the game.

- Make choices matter more in general, again make it more of a RPG.

- Improve enemy AI

Once all that is in place, I think CP is in a very good state for expansions and DLC. Depending on what plans there are for the MP version, I would consider dropping that.

So much effort have gone into making Nightcity, that it would be a shame to see it all wasted by just patching it up and moving on. The game is way to good for that. Forget the poor launch and focus on rebuilding trust and show people what the original vision for CP was.

PS: To the CEOs, make sure to give your employees a nice bonus, they really saved your asses here :D

Take a can of red or black spray paint and find a wall that most everyone might pass by everyday and write in big huge letters across this wall:

WHEN ITS DONE

Adpot this mentality. Heres an example how to proceede.

Last edited:
1)
Use in game text to add to the depth of the game world. For example, these "chat logs" you can collect from dead gang members all read the same. I would rather read something about the world or philosophy of the scenario. You could hide these revelations as secrets on the map, making it more rewarding to explore the map outside the quest markers. It would not have to bother players who are not looking for a deep RPG experience.
The game "Divinity: Original Sin 2" shows how great writing can improve even mundane descriptions.

2)
Suggest to cut the excessive "quest on a rail" elements. Example: while the presentation of the Heist quest in CP77 was great, I could pretty much get through the whole sequence with pressing buttons at the right time. It was almost at "press F to pay respects" levels of pseudo-interactivity.

3)
I suggest not to invest too much into gameplay elements which lead nowhere. Example: you even get a tutorial for the "Brain Dance editing" sequence, but it is then barely used at all. I have the suspicion that CDPR might have spread themselves too thin on some features of CP77. I think more fun elements could be added to the game with less effort, please see point 1).

4)
The interface could use some tweaks. Switching between backpack, inventory and item crafting screens is not as smooth as it could be.

5)
If you explain the game mechanics in game, please make sure that the descriptions cover everything and are easily accessible at all times (e.g. "breach protocol" or some details of the leveling system).

6)
I love the soundtrack of the game! Please keep producing games with great music. :)

Of course they did get a lot of things very right, like a great presentation, design and setting. The gameplay is certainly fun, and I found the leveling system and item crafting to be highly motivating.

2 weeks have passed since the release of an incomplete game.

At least they should be sincere and say what will be implemented from everything promised out of their own words, we all know the sources. They are still on their YouTube channel less than 1 month old.
Night City Wire: Episode 6 ? We're sorry

Besides, in technical service another official thread with a list of the Bugs found / notified and which ones were corrected. It's all chaos.

I have a simple piece of advice. Try to be a little bit more specific on how perks work. The wording can be quite confusing sometimes.

I feel really bad for them.

The problem with "Cyberpunk" as a genre is that it's a massive content pool. These guys had to build up a vertical night city from scratch, and their vision for the game was (is) super ambitious.

I think they have delivered an excellent "base". And I would like to see them support and expand on this open world by re-introducing a lot of the cut content and interactivity that is obviously missing from the v1 release.

The Cyberpunk game I would have liked.

First 3 complete different playthroughs for Corpo , Street kid and Nomad ... each playthru about 20 hrs each giving 60 hrs of main campaigns in total.

You could take role of corpo trying to make it up the ranks in say Militech ... lots of quests involving corporate warfare between the different corps ... creative minds could run wild on those ... include quests about building up relationships with people within corps and people in rest of night city who help you achieve your objectives ... a few romance options ... some corpo specific skills not available in other plays ..... main objective steal this secret biochip that Arasaka have developed. Proper choice and consequence in decisions you make.

Street kid lifepath ... take role of up and coming member of one of the gangs ... say Valentinos ... lots of quests building up relationship between you and rest of your gang and turf wars between other gangs ... lots of intriguing wild sidequests in Night City ... Romance options and impactful choice and consequences. Main objective steal the arasaka chip in the heist of a lifetime.

Nomad lifepath .... lots of quests building up relationships in your family as you rise up the ranks ... quests involving battles with other Nomad families .... romance options ... Some of your group , who you have built up strong relationship already are captured by corpo in a raid gone wrong .... corpos wanna implant them with some tech and send them as spy / infiltrator so they can destroy nomads who have been stealing too much from them recently. Main objective get Nomad captive back ..... just so happens you get drawn into to stealing a biochip so you can trade it for captive Nomads. Impactful choice and consequence

3 completely diff playthrus ... focusing on meaningful , tailored quests instead of mindless Ubisoft style filler content littered across the map.

Only a brief intial draft of ideas but something to build on

Of course this is only my opinion and I don't think anyone will even read this or care. But never the less, I get it off my chest :)
Here goes:

• In a multiple ending game, leave room for at least one or two that end in a happy end. While I found one that works for myself mostly, I truly wish video games weren't notorious for sad endings. It's ok to provide them alongside the darker ones.
  • Speaking of that, the biggest advise I'd like to give is that you don't treat V as just a means to an end for the player to get around. She's a full fledged character too and not a one and gone player gonk.
  • Don't release a story DLC that is set before the end of the game. Rather expand on the completed story and use what happened in the ends as "life paths" for it. The characters are loved. All of them. Including V.
Maybe this is more wishful thinking than actual advice, but in the end... I still loved every second of the game.

Games of Throne style... They chopped off jackies head right in the beginning :(
RiP hermano

Take another six months to a year or, hell make it two, and actually finish the game you were setting out to make in the first place.

And get rid of the censorship nonsense on PC at the very least.

The game engine might need some serious streamlining.

This is a very ambitious build, technically it's very impressive. after 60hrs of serious play, I'd guess at least 20% of the engine's efficiency was needlessly spent on all kinds of bits and bobs that 90% of players will never really notice or interact with.

For example this game had the most amount of 'interactive objects' in one environment I've ever seen, such as in one drink house, you can probably find at least 60 --100 bottles , boxes, trash and drink cans lying around, each individually modeled, illuminated and can be knocked over , all nice and beautiful but most players will not notice or interact with these things, they're not tech inspectors.

All these things require plenty of processing power to keep them in place and stop them from clipping or flying around like crazy. While on the other hand things that players will actually notice, and interact, such as dead bodies and guns usually clips into walls and the floor....

If you've played TES Skyrim or fallout 4 and spent 200 hrs 'decorating' your house and the game lagged into a slideshow after placing 200 items into the environment, you'll probably understand what I'm on about. At the current state, the engine is very impressive but unnecessarily complicated to say the least.

Last edited:
The problem is that we have all bought the game and paid for it. But the box came empty ...
What I should have received is the complete set, not a piece of coal waiting for pressure to be a diamond.

The marketing team has to be in sync with the development team. Way back in about 2014, an insider at the company said 'they were marketing a game that didn't exist'. As we all know, that was in reference to the impossible visuals that had been showcased for TW3. The same exact thing has happened to 2077, only this time it went completely off the rails and left any reality of what the game actually is in the dust. So, they need to have honest marketing from here on out. No more false promises and misleading statements. No more saying features XYZ will be in the game, when they clearly won't be. This whole game was built on a marketing lie.

Mellow and have a Happy Christmas with your family and/or friends if possible.

The developers did absolutely nothing wrong, decisions were made that, unfortunately, aren't in your hands and it wont be the last time it happens, thats just a fact you need to accept, it happens to us all no matter our professions.

Do what you do best because wee the players know your good at it

Last edited:
At the very least bring in some people who love and play games as a form of quality control who aren't afraid to tell you how bad things are. At some point it was obvious the ship was headed straight into the ground but instead of changing course you kept going and got shipwrecked and that's being kind. If you can't find anyone who loves games, can tell the difference between good ones and bad ones and isn't a yes man call me.

I would simply echo what others have said above. Great job getting it out the door, take some time off and settle in then let's get some polish and DLC for the upcoming year on the roadmap. I think most of us know how hard CDPR has worked and with any game development company the dividing line between good development teams and questionable investor pressures.

Add a full nudity toggle and expand the joytoy clothing available to V. It's one of the simplest, must mundane changes that would help temper many individuals tempers over misleading marketing and requires nearly zero effort as the assets are already there. Would also go a fair bit towards showing that they're actually listening to their consumers complaints about missing content so it's a good first step. I'll admit I'm still a bit miffed that there's a distinct sense that someone toned down the sexuality for marketability reasons when that was one aspect that did influence my desire to get the game.

Then take it slow, prioritize what they can get back into the game at a reasonable pace and just work to put out things that the community expected to be included based on the marketing. Hit the stuff that was straight out promised first. Then the stuff that was alluded to or insinuated in the marketing next, if it's feasible. Then start adding expected but unspoken things after that. Only exception to that order would be locations to change character appearance and expanding clothing options as you can't market a game with the taglines "Style over substance" and "Attitude is everything" and then fuck off on the entire concept of style and attitude.

I'm still enjoying the hell out of the game but it does need some work and that's how I feel they should go about it.

I advise them to look at the length of the Witcher wild hunt story and ask them, what happened?
I've not finished this game (no spoilers) I'm taking it stupid slow to soak in the world and kind of getting bored of my nightly run through the city killing the same bad guys, for an RPG it needs more story.
I fear I'm close to the end and don't want it to end so damn short.
IMO once it's over, why look forward to future patches or anything? It would be a past tense.
Day late and a dollar short!
Now if this were an online game the tone would change for sure, future updates, patches and adding QOL stuff for the game.
If the cowboy can't get up on his horse anymore, no sense in trying over and over.

Top Bottom