What advice would you give CDPR?

+
To forget about chasing AAA trends, the open world design is a mistake for a game like this and that the strength of the studio lies in it's writing. A structure similar to Witcher 2 or Deus Ex would have been a much more appropriate, focus more on the main story and less on filling the world with mediocre side missions, quality over quantity, I know you tried to deliver both but it is pretty clear that the quality side of things did suffer significantly.

"WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE CDPR?"

Implement third person. I've lived and relived the game by your vision. Let me now relive the game by my vision.

In all honesty?

First, and foremost: LEARN TO WRITE A PROPER ENDING

And second, to chill, they could have delayed it a bit more to not have this disaster, sure they would lose some money, but at least situation wouldn't be THIS bad, I think they forced a bit the release, should've waited a little more, polished a little more, relaxed a little more.

First, and foremost: LEARN TO WRITE A PROPER ENDING

I actually quite liked the endings, I mean sure there are not many ways the endings take your choices into account other than locking off certain endings depending on if you completed the side missions or not but I did think the endings were well written.

My issue was more to the meat of the game, the middle of the game which is supposed to lead into these endings, if they had a satisfying middle act that lead into these endings nicely then I really think they could have had a really good story on their hands, but after the heist the story kind of falters.

What was your issue with the endings specifically? Weren't happy enough?

- Don't ever share anything about your games or DLC until gold again - the community has proven they don't deserve it

- Don't support old tech again always be on the cutting edge at the end of development

- Don't shorten your story again

-Don't listen to community member who think they are entitled be informed of everything.

- Difficulty / challenge do not = fun for everyone

- New story , new romances , adding more content to existing romance, more story cut scenes , conversations, FIX CLOTHES so we can wear what we want! > - combat , multiplayer , optimizations , combat balancing etc

- happily ever after is non negotiable. it need to be an option in ever game .

- better more interactive , deeper romances

The need to make a Citadel type DLC ( without the mission) dates , fulling interactive apartment ( every part you interact with has a (couple ) animation or in a perfect world repeatable cutscene

- the ability to initiate affection ( hugs kiss cuddles) repeatable and at will.

- Difficulty / challenge do not = fun for everyone

- happily ever after is non negotiable. it need to be an option in ever game .

- better more interactive , deeper romances

-The need to make a Citadel type DLC ( without the mission) dates , fulling interactive apartment ( every part you interact with has a (couple ) animation or in a perfect world repeatable cutscene

- the ability to initiate affection ( hugs kiss cuddles) repeatable and at will.

Not sure if you are serious or if this supposed to be a parody of a Bioware fan?

I would tell them to relax, every company has a Medellin moment, is what you do afterwards that counts. Fix the bugs and then move on. Make your Ciri game and make sure its awesome, you already have an amazing blue print with the Witcher 3. Do not waste resources on DLC and MP for this game, this game is already doomed, focus on Cyberpunk 2, you now have the tech and it will be nexgen only so its smooth sailing, make the game you always wanted to make, show us the full world of Cyberpunk!
Have an honest conversation with the fans maybe bring in Geoff Keighley to MC it, and really have a long 2hour conversation on what went wrong what your initial vision was and how you learned from your mistakes, honesty is best policy. You do this fans will respect you and give you another chance.

Get more/better writers, listen to devs concerns and issues they bring forth, bugs and issues, check true ROI not just $ but add overall reputation, get better QAs or actually listen to them if you didn't, QA work isn't just solely find bugs and issues but also making processes better and checking the ROI as well to improve whatever product you deliver be better tailored to users and STOP rushing a game, continue putting Keanu as Johnny if you can, rather enjoyed Johnny as a character and Keanu fits the bill.

Most of all, communicate but not just loosely or via marketing strategies such as puzzles and such with every customer, potential or not, doesn't matter which, not just to get a rating on how you should go but rather on how you aims and goals for a project will go if you accomplish them, would bet that people would've been annoyed, really annoyed but would've understood if not acknowledge altogether if CDPR was able to say "we need to delay again" BUT putting forth understandable concerns not only for the company but for users/customer as well instead of a "we need more time to better prepare the game"

Don't abandon this game and continue to add more amazing features & content that i am positive you are more than capable of achieving... After fixes & optomizing of course ;)

Follow through with not only your public statements & word, but follow through with the unbelievable work of art you have "STARTED" to create, as it this point it is merely the canvas & scenery (albeit stunning, but sadly devoid and lacking).

I just hope CDPR & the amazing team behind creating this make the right decisions moving forward and truly re-gain the reputation they have so quickly loss.

There is honeslty a masterpiece of gaming here, it's just not there yet. I will remain hopeful that you don't let all of us down again.

1. Give us the game you sold to us..showed us and told us about.

2. Put everything back into the game.

3. Let us censor the game if WE want to..not you.

4. Give us more stuff to do and interact with.

5. Expand romances and relationships and give us more options.

6. Add way more to the customization of your character and life path choice.

7. More mission based on your life paths you chose and separate from playing as the other life choices..to make replay even more wanted.

8. More adult content. I want naked strippers and drug dealers dealing drugs..not protein bars and vitamins.

9. More joytoys..a lot more.

10. Keep up the good work.

I couldn't disagree more with the opening statement. To simply abandon Cyberpunk 2077 and move on to another game would be a perfect exercise in failure and broken promises. After that any credibility or integrity hangs on just a bugged launch going forward. Only a truly miserable and weak team would accept such an approach going forward.
As it stands now regardless of bugs and issues with older hardware Cyberpunk 2077 has the foundation to deliver the best game of our generation, you would be foolish to give up on it. Not only did you tell one of the best stories but you made the city alive with numerous side ones and it only left us wanting more and build upon it. The world of Cyberpunk and Night City have so much potential. For me personally it is the stories you tell about your characters that will make it stand out, the memories of them I will forever cherish.

The themes you explore, the personalities and challenges you put the characters through in this dark cybernetic future and all the endless layers of depth in storytelling and technology, social integrations and artistic subjects. I could never blame you for being overwhelmed with ideas and wishes, ambitions and creative motivation to explore it all. And you should, don't ever abandon that initial childlike desire to deliver the best game ever. It is all there for you ready to be taken, bugs and glitches are gonna be a thing of the past soon enough as will performance issues. And even without expanding the main story there is so many you can tell and build upon in Night City. The romances you have done so wonderfully and the writing of Judy's in particular has made me join this forum and campaign to get us a more deeper and meaningful relationship with our romance partners.
This is what was most rewarding to me, I feel that is where your strengths truly lie. Imaging 10 years from now if I'll be thinking of a gun you put in the game or the relationship i had with Judy, Johnny, Panam, Jackie, River, Kerry etc. It will be the latter and it will be a timeless reward so please don't blame us for wanting more time and occasions to be with these dear characters.

My only wish is that you don't move on before you deliver on all the ideas you have and expand on what is already here. Storytelling and characters are what make you memorable and genius as a team, please don't abandon them and don't abandon your visions. Love you all.

Don't promise what you cannot deliver. Don't lie about the state of the game and its features. Explain what is actually happening, don't lie about the delays and their reasons.

CDPR WAS one of the few (if not the only) AAA company that had the trust of the community. That trust is now lost and it will take a completely clean record, going far beyond of what is expected of any company, to regain the level of trust you had before this release. Simply fixing the bugs won't do it. Adding all the promised content for free won't fix it either.

It will take years of transparency and constant truthful communication to regain the level of trust the community had in you. If you don't do this and keep going as you are the trust won't be ever recovered. You have to understand that regaining trust after it is lost is much more difficult than maintaining it or gaining it for the first time. What before the release of CP2077 put you in a pedestal now will be received with scoffs.

People have hurt feelings because of this, if any other company announced what you did people wouldn't believe them, this release wouldn't shock anyone. It is what is expected from most AAA companies, lies and cut content. People actually believed that you would deliver what you promised, you where the exception, now you are just another AAA company that lies to get our money.

You need to start communicating with your audience in a transparent way from this very moment. Explain what happened and how you will prevent this from ever happening again. Acknowledge that you lied about this game and apologize for it, not just for the bug and poor performance but for all cut content, censorship, change to "action game" and so on. Without this the trust will not begin to build again.

I certainly trusted that CDPR would deliver most of the promises, I pre-ordered when I almost never do. I was expecting some issues in the beginning but this is too much. It will take time and work from your part for me too trust you again with my time and money.

Don't promise what you cannot deliver. Don't lie about the state of the game and its features.

Explain what is actually happening, don't lie about the delays and their reasons.

Better point realize the community cant tell the difference between ideas and finish product during the development phase and don't say anything at all.

CDPR WAS one of the few (if not the only) AAA company that had the trust of the community. That trust is now lost and it will take a completely clean record, going far beyond of what is expected of any company, to regain the level of trust you had before this release. Simply fixing the bugs won't do it. Adding all the promised content for free won't fix it either.

People have hurt feelings because of this, if any other company announced what you did people wouldn't believe them, this release wouldn't shock anyone. It is what is expected from most AAA companies, lies and cut content. People actually believed that you would deliver what you promised, you where the exception, now you are just another AAA company that lies to get our money.

Please speak only for your self and not for the ones who don't agree with all the rage over "missing features" and everything else

You have no right to include others in your rage filled post .

You also have no stats or factual evidence

That in over 13 million copies sold the "majority of the community" is displaying or agree with the amount of in my view overreactive rage rage of "missing features" the fact it failed on consoles, and those that think they were mislead. I am also not talking about Opportunist lawyers who see blood in the water and want a chance at pay day.

I am talking about more than 13 million copies sold which outweighs even all the negative rage filled social media put together.

This is review where do you see lost of trust or anything you accused or rage to the devs about ???

Where do you even see any sort of rage ?

6.5 myself just average major flaws and disappointments but overall satisficed and feel got my moneys worth . It nothing that will enter the hall of fame but really its not worth all rage It is what it is and honestly just need to move open and wait for the "next big thing" W3 was a remarkable game ( rating of 9 in my books) but I don't think its reasonable to expect that level of success every time when there dev teams are not consistent with the team that made W3 I also think focusing on old technology is one of the reasons that caused this down fall.

Also from my personal observations Although it does happen in north America to a certain extent It seems that in the Non-North America side of the world some people like to champion the "Karen" aspect of "consumer rights" to a absurd extreme and expect everything to turn out to be a 10/10 game. (W3 has a 9.4 user score) when in reality not everything comes out perfect or as planned.

They put out a game that does not meet the level of quality their last game did . That is all they did .

They did not kill millions , nothing they did brought any "harm " Yet Some are treating it like they caused the deaths of millions.

All they did was make an incredibly incredibly foolish decision to have an open development concept. They not see that giving away all the information they did would come back to bite them if things did not work out as planned. I hope they learn their lesson and never do it again.

You need to start communicating with your audience in a transparent way from this very moment. Explain what happened and how you will prevent this from ever happening again. Acknowledge that you lied about this game and apologize for it, not just for the bug and poor performance but for all cut content, censorship, change to "action game" and so on. Without this the trust will not begin to build again.

I completely disagree they should do the exact opposite and STOP communicating completely.

In my view they have nothing to prove to anyone and they certainly don't have to ask the customer permission or put any decision up to a debate again some will disagree but that just leads to my Karen comment above.

Personally If I was them I would NEVER share as much about upcoming titles like they have with cp EVER again.

based on a segment of some members of the communities reaction that is being displayed. I personally think is overreactive.

It was a mistake as you can see by the way people have reacted to missing content. Its fine saying working on this title and that title we will share more with you once we have set a firm release date .

And then don't say ANYTHING about the game until you are sure of the release date and content. ( ideally just before it goes gold)

really if they had done that all the "missing" thread would not exist because people who never know what is "missing"

and there would not be anything "misleading" as everything advertised would be in the game if they didn't start advertising till close to gold.

I certainly trusted that CDPR would deliver most of the promises, I pre-ordered when I almost never do. I was expecting some issues in the beginning but this is too much. It will take time and work from your part for me too trust you again with my time and money.

I disagree with you blaming the devs for that. It was your choice to preorder if you cant handle the outcomes of the risk and the fact it may not turn out as planed like it did this time then you should never pre -order anything or donate to any kick starters.

here is my personal view

Again this is not the fault of CDPR but a failure of the person in your example.

it all falls to
Due diligence

Due diligence is the investigation or exercise of care that a reasonable business or person is normally expected to take before entering into an agreement or contract with another party or an act with a certain standard of care.

and example of that is.

1. if they pre- order under those examples that and are unhappy was their fault this has nothing to do with "supporting the devs" or "trusting them "

2 if they bought it day one and were not happy again their fault

3. If it was that important to them to be good they should have waited a week or 2 and read the reviews watch some gameplay to be certain they would be worth their money. yes it would spoil part of the game for them in in your example its the safer router than taking a risk and playing it blind.

If i had been that person in your example I would not have spend a penny until I was 100% sure the product was for me . This approach would also have prevent being mislead by any of the marketing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom