What after Cyberpunk?

+
I don't need to take Jackie's guns, I don't need to give a damn filling weapon storage room slots, I don't need to take all items from homeless camp
And I don't have to pick up all the stuff from the homeless camp either. And therefore it is not clear why this garbage collection function is enabled in the game? And why are there so many useless items? ... For some reason, it is impossible to move the chair away from the computer, to which you need to approach according to the plot of the quest, but for some reason you can collect all the beer cans in the same room.
Or do you think that game mechanics are developed by game designers in order for the player to ignore them? ...

I don't see how this even remotely on topic anymore. Please take that discussion to a more appropriate topic -- create one if necessary -- if you wish to continue it.

Baaaack to the subject at hand, playing CP2077 again after the 1.5+ updates and rather enjoying it. Plan to pick up the achievements I missed last time and make sure I go back and do all the rest of the endings. A few QOL mods are smoothing some minorly annoying edges and relieving grind. Will probably put it away again for a while after this, pending future content DLC.

Next up? Looking forward to the new Vampire: The Masquerade entry whenever they manage to douse the smoking trash fire production has apparently become and get on with releasing the game.

Also, waiting for the full release of Baldur's Gate 3. No interest in faffing about with the early release version. I don't want to be bored to tears with the first chapter or two of the game by the time the rest of it becomes available.

Pending that, a load of really great looking mods have been created for Skyrim since the last time I looked at it, and the new tool Wabbajack is a *game changer* for building a towering heap of mods that all work together and look beautiful with speedy fps. So, that's probably my next stop.

They should keep licensing stuff. What about the works of Lewis Carroll, H.P Lovecraft, George Orwell, etc. I wouldn't mind something dark and gothic, I wish they could acquire Thief and do a completely open world city.
Most HP Lovecraft works are free use at this point. There were struggles over the copyrights back in the 80s and 90s, but in the end the ownership was so muddled that there is no way for anybody to enforce them now. There are a few stories and characters that have more solid copyrights on them, but those are the exception. So, no licensing required for that one.

Most HP Lovecraft works are free use at this point. There were struggles over the copyrights back in the 80s and 90s, but in the end the ownership was so muddled that there is no way for anybody to enforce them now. There are a few stories and characters that have more solid copyrights on them, but those are the exception. So, no licensing required for that one.
There was a Lovecraft pnp rpg years ago think Indiana Jones meets cthulu, good fun!

There was a Lovecraft pnp rpg years ago think Indiana Jones meets cthulu, good fun!
That might've been Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth from 2006. Loved that game. Holds up visually pretty well for a game that old. Does a really nice job of walking the fine line of imaginary horror being scarier than anything that can be shown on a screen. Leaves enough to the imagination to provide some really creepy vibes. The scene in the art gallery was downright harrowing. I played it a couple of times to catch all the endings. Totally recommended to fans of the genre.

That might've been Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth from 2006. Loved that game. Holds up visually pretty well for a game that old. Does a really nice job of walking the fine line of imaginary horror being scarier than anything that can be shown on a screen. Leaves enough to the imagination to provide some really creepy vibes. The scene in the art gallery was downright harrowing. I played it a couple of times to catch all the endings. Totally recommended to fans of the genre.
🤣 I didn't know they'd made a computer game from it, the game I played was call of cthulu.... Circa 1992 on paper with dice, but just as harrowing. I've read a bit of Lovecraft and the whole point is psychological horror.... the man who goes crazy listening to the rats inside his walls type horror.

As per the topic of the thread, which ever game CDPR makes next, I hope they launch it when its actually ready this time around :LOL:

I would love they incorporate Lovecraft in the next project. I think next game shouldn't be sci-fi but something fantastical only to change the pace.

I decided to replay The Witcher, full trilogy run.

Have lots on the backlog too, so until GotG goes on major sale, I'll be playing my catalog. Patience is the way - buying new games in 2022 at release, especially on PC, is an exercise in masochism.

Witcher would be amazing to have a new adventure to forget yourself and live in again. A part 4. Also the old titles available in the PSStore as long as we are waiting and playing CP77 and Witcher 3 for PS5 😎🔥

So, I am guessing that we now know the answer to this question: The Witcher 4. Or maybe not?

I wonder if the TW4 announcement means that it's CDPR's next game, or just that they're making it, but not indicating that it's necessarily next in sequence. Are there now two fully dedicated teams, one for each game? If not, and TW4 is next, then any CP2077 sequel might be some way out. Alternatively, if they develop both sequels in parallel, I wonder if the switch to Unreal 5 for TW4 means the same for the next CP game?

I think it would be interesting to make a game with an open world that changes irreversibly in time, which the authors could systematically update, adding new quests not sometimes, but regularly, say, once a year.
Everything should be based on an open world, similar to the world of The Witcher 3, but with a change of seasons, with a calendar in which military conflicts would begin and end, really changing the world, and not formally. That is, if Radovid/Emhyr won the war, not only the color of the flags on the towers would change, but also some significant aspects of the life of the inhabitants of the cities.
Also, changes in the seasons should really change the life of the inhabitants of the world: economic activities, the nature of the conduct of hostilities, the features of the collision of inhabitants with monsters should change noticeably from weather conditions. (that is, children should not play in the snow on the road, as is now happening in the winter White Garden). In summer, a witcher could grow grapes on his estate and make wine from them, sometimes clearing his vineyards of pests that spoil the vine. It would also be logical to carry out some construction work to improve the estate in the warm season. In winter, on the contrary, instead of household chores, the hero would have more time for witcher investigations of secrets, similar to the plot of "Hearts of Stone".

Instead of one main plot, there should be story, corresponding to the year of the protagonist's life, approximately as shown in "Blood and Wine", but tied to a specific calendar year.
If in the course of previous events a certain king won, this should affect the appearance of the world and really influence subsequent events. For example, after the victory in the war of Radovid, various magicians acquaintances would come to visit Geralt in Corvo Bianco, seeking shelter from persecution. And in the event of Emhyr's victory, it would turn out that Geralt owes his estate not so much to the princess as to the emperor, and he must pay this debt until the end of his life with faithful courtier service.
The consequences of decisions made by the player should visibly affect something like it is shown when Vivien arrives on Skellige in one of the passage options. Or like during the execution of Keira Metz in Novigrad. It is logical to tie the long-term consequences to the calendar - the path to Skellige takes time. And if the quest was completed in 1273, then the heroine must would appear in the far lands in the next 1274.
Most importantly, the execution time of tasks should be limited to reasonable calendar terms. It seems to me that it is wrong that the fire in the baron's castle in Vronitsy continues forever if the witcher does not immediately rush to extinguish it, but goes about his business. I think it's wrong that Ciri is forever kept on the Isle of Mists, like in a tin can, waiting for us to win back all the Gwent cards and kill all the monsters in the world. I think all assignments should have a duration from a few days to a few months. Main tasks should be linked to the calendar. The deadline for completing witcher orders should be counted from the moment the announcement was removed from the board.

The total duration of the quests should be such that the player could go through not all, but more than half of all, in principle, available to the hero of the task in a given calendar period in one passage. That is, recovering to some distant countries, we would inevitably fail quests in other locations - those, the path to which would be too long.

Accordingly, the use of a quick transition must subtract from the calendar the number of days corresponding to the length of the path. And the quests that do not fit within this period should simply fail. Even the main ones. This will create a sense of reality and the importance of the player's actions.

During the year, the authors could develop a new part of the questsdescribing the next year of the life of a witcher / other protagonist, and release them as an update/sequel to the game, each of which would not be the final one, and could always be continued in the future. Of course, each such update would have to be paid.

Last edited:
I recommend The Hyperion Cantos: Hyperion, The Fall of Hyperion, Endymion and The Rise of Endymion

So, CDPR has said that apart from The Witcher and Cyberpunk, they are working on their first fully owned IP.

If most of Lovecraft's rights are public domain like some of you have said, it would be absolutely INCREDIBLE if CDPR did something with them.

We have dark fantasy stuff, we have dark futuristic sci-fi stuff. Maybe something like cosmic horror with alien civilizations would be great.

Top Bottom