What after Cyberpunk?

+
Oh yes. A game all about horsing around while roaning an open world, with a mane quest and plenty of other tails to pursue as well. And completely standalone, so that even someone who's never herd of the Witcher could at least dapple in it.

(I think that's enough puns for such a short post.)
If would play that game so much lol. And there would have to be a quest called Bonnie and Clydesdale.

I hope CP77 won't send me into gaming crisis like Witcher 3 did. When any other game felt flavorless and generic. And I didn't want to play anything else for more than a year after I finished W3 and it's addons.

Or maybe it should. Because it will mean it's THAT good.

I know it's a pipe dream and will never ever happen, but I'd love to see a game set in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe universe. I still play the Infocom game annually but a great RPG would be amazing.

I'm not sure how to respond to this question because CP2077 isn't out yet and the CP concept may very well go beyond one game. I say this because looking at it from the perspective of after CP2077 is a hard question to answer. More CP is presumably a very real possibility. In other words, sequels using the CP setting. So it feels more appropriate to answer the question in the context of after the CP concept has been exhausted.

If the point is reached where the CP setting is exhausted, whether it be temporary or permanent, I'd lean toward a continuation of the Witcher or a new idea altogether.

It's probably safe to say, going off existing information, Geralt is over and done with. I could see continuing that setting with another character like Ciri but it probably wouldn't be the same. In spite of this I think this world setting still has quite a bit to offer. So I could very much see an extension of The Witcher. If this is the route taken I'd prefer they hit the restart button and use the same world setting but at a completely different moment in time. Well before or after the time period of the original three games.

If it's a completely new concept altogether I couldn't say. The options are limitless. There the only thing I can think up is to tell CDPR to surprise me.

I think they should create their own IP set in the 80s in America a'la Vice City or Narcos
OR
the 90s in Russia/Poland.

Wild, wild times potent for stories and unusual gameplay mechanics :p

I'm pretty sure CDPR has big plans for Cyberpunk.

We already know about a year after the release of 2077 the milti-player will be released and I have no doubts whatsoever that 2077 + multi-player won't be the only Cyberpunk releases. The question ... on both my mind and I'm sure CDPRs is how much more single/multi-player and in what ratio? I'd say it depends on which does better financially. CDPR has put far to much effort into the game engine and world building for 2077 + multi-player to be a once off, this is intended to be the beginning of a series of (presumably) related games..

We already know about a year after the release of 2077 the milti-player will be released and I have no doubts whatsoever that 2077 + multi-player won't be the only Cyberpunk releases. The question ... on both my mind and I'm sure CDPRs is how much more single/multi-player and in what ratio? I'd say it depends on which does better financially. CDPR has put far to much effort into the game engine and world building for 2077 + multi-player to be a once off, this is intended to be the beginning of a series of (presumably) related games..

They could variate releases. Witcher, Cyberpunk, new game, Witcher, Cyberpunk, new game ..

Guardians of the Galaxy game would be amazing because you have different character builds like rogue, space ranger, bounty hunter, warrior ..... ,
exploring interesting star systems, unearthing the unknown, meeting interesting characters and villains with challenging gameplay.

Last edited:
Nice, here they say they have renewed Witcher license. I hope they throw a bit of Diablo into it. Im getting too much ES vibe from Witcher series, might be good idea move to another direction. Not to mention if someone makes a deal with Game of Thrones too, what could most definitely happen, damn, what if Rockstar's "rumoured" medieval game is GoT?

Last edited:
Cyberpunk MP is the next triple A. Considering how much they are investing in literally everything Cyberpunk from products to the actual game itself to merch, I don't see them putting it on the backburner for a looong while. They have however mentioned a dual franchise model with Cyberpunk and Witcher so who knows really

I'd love another Witcher game eventually though, or something with an already heavily established source material.

For those familiar with MUDs and MOO's, I believe their is a couple games on the main lists such as 3 realmz or 3 dimensions.

Meaning;

A game thats universe has three tiers, a medieval fantasy setting, a current or close setting, and a futuristic setting. ALL.IN.ONE.

This way I can finally play a good game that lets you combine swords and magic with laser guns and aliens etc; or elsewise just current or near day stuff like pistols and machine guns etc all the while having time travel and mixed genre

It would be something a bit different and I still have yet to see any MUD/MOO based on this style done in 3D.

Top Bottom