What after Cyberpunk?

+
The Witcher 3 is the best ever created in the world of computer games. However, something in this beautiful game is missing - the influence of the time factor. We live in a four-dimensional world in which the three-dimensional spatial world changes in the fourth - time dimension. I thought about this topic in 2016, studying the very realistic open world of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, with its daily time change, weather changes, with complex changes in the fate of the characters. This bet on realism itself implies further development: if the games have already reached three-dimensional open worlds in which you can go in any direction and make decisions that affect the fate of the heroes, then it is logical to expect that the next step will be taken - in the game world there would be a calendar time in which the seasons would change, and a change of rulers and the outcome of military clashes would change the world map and the state of its inhabitants. However, in the wonderful game "The Witcher 3" the world, by and large, is static. Changes occur only in the fate of individual characters (for example, we can meet Vivienne de Tabris on the Skellige Islands).
But if you think about how much better it would be if the beautiful landscapes were not mixed summer-winter like on the Skellighe Islands, but that they replace each other in accordance with the changing seasons. Or how logical would it be that the rise to power of Emgyr / Radovid / Dijkstra would replace the banners on the towers, make changes in the life of city residents. It is clear that if it were technically impossible - but the final White Garden in The Witcher 3 is actually different from the general story, that is, making changes is already possible on modern game engines. How much better would it be if the dialogs in the game took into account the state of the bodies - for example, instead of the forever incorruptible corpse of Skjal, Geralt would have better said something definite depending on how much time after Skjal’s death we would have found his remains from the plot. It also suggests itself that the addition to the game would describe the next year of the hero’s life after the plot of the main game, and not some abstract time in general. Therefore, I would like to see a change of seasons inside the game The Witcher 4, the consequences of wars and a change of rulers, and that in the game world there are changes in time that are not directly related to the actions of the protagonist

Last edited:
Oh well,
since the witcher license has been re-acquired, I can see the next game as a mix of some aspects of AC: Valhalla, GoT, KCD, HoMM, maybe peppered with options from WoW, Gothic, Risen and stuff...

I guess I am mostly interested in some fresh cool stuff, e.g.:
- split-screen co-op (same as lego star wars) and gameplay oriented around that
- somewhat turn-based?
- make the game feel more robust/coherent, hostile/wild and more intuitive and explorable - e.g. unkillable HoS ghost, the traps in Avallach's cave, the cave of dreams,...
- play in a timeline (long) after Blood and Wine as a (random) guy finding out about witchers, magic and stuff; while following own story...
- highly tactical combat; heavily dependant on resources and their spending
- interesting diverse (old school) skills - like brewing potions, sharpening and fixing swords, pick-pocketing, lock-picking, crafting clothes and armour,...
- it would be super cool to have everything more historically accurate and taken more seriously - you could say that some aspects of Witcher 3 were Las Vegas drunk fest filled with whores, cards, sarcasm and stuff... :)

Guest 4406876

Vacation, a long one. And DLCs for Cyberpunk, and a good multiplayer that isn't a Rockstar template.

A return to the witcher universe would be wonderful. Maybe they could have a character creator this time.

The only thing I want is a cyberpunk 2078... if 2077 finally come, and if it's as good as promised.

They'll be looking for another challenge to push their narrative game further. Dunno which setting, but I'm thinking about having that specific element Triple S mentioned in their podcast. Something along the lines of having content thrown at you way more reactively than what we have today, depending on you're activities in the open world. I feel like it's possible for an Action-RPG with the next-gen hardware.

A party RPG, similar to Baldurs Gate / Dragon Age Origins (with character editor, attributes, skills like rhetoric, stealth, athletics, lock picking, pickpocketing, magic, shield and one-handed, two-handed, magic etc.) BUT with Dragons Dogma combat system. Would be my Dream :ok:

What would I like to see after Cyberpunk?
More Cyberpunk.
Now we have the engine and the assets we can have whole new content. I am not just talking DLC here but whole new storylines with fresh characters. I would hate to use this game once, even if there is lots of replayability. There is room for other characters and other stories in a place like Nigh City. It's a big town and there is room for more than one protagonist, just like with the original RPG.

I am quite confident they will release another The Witcher game, but it will not be based on Geralt's trilogy. I would expect it to be named almost completely different but based on that universe (almost like Rockstar with GTA and RDR?).

Geralt is the face of Witcher licence you can't make a Witcher without him ... :cry:

I love Geralt but it does seem like his story is permanently over. I could see them doing a new game with Ciri as protagonist or a player-created protagonist, or even someone completely new. If Geralt does return it'll probably be only for a cameo role.

I would personally like something along the line of:
+ A survival horror game that marvels the likes of Resident Evil, Silent hill, Dead Space, Evil Within, etc
+ A Space Epic Sci Fi "drama" RPG like DUNE, Legend of Galactic Heroes, Five Star Stories (DUNE + giant Mecha), Hyperion, Foundation, etc. The gameplay genre could be action, or Tactical/Strategy, or a hybrid of both with a solo char or party based, etc.
+ & of course A NEW WITCHER game & I am totally down with any kind of setting/timelines or which main character aside from Geralt.

Still it's probably years down the line as CP2077 will get its expansions & also the special MP mode.

i just got a blow to my head (don't ask) but this came into my mind:

The Witcher 3: Journey

a multiplayer walking simulator on the basis of witcher 3 wild hunt and its DLCs:
no quests, no monsters, free of charge, just exploring the world, maybe achievements and statistics for finding herbs, flowers and the like and meeting other players, interacting with them and playing some rounds of Gwent.
Linked to your Gwent account you could use your leader skins for avatars in TW3:J. And this would open up some Gwent-Journey ideas for cosmetics using in TW3: Journey.

My reasoning behind this idea is:
- Witcher 3 is ready, TW3: Journey would be a kind of spinoff, using the already beautiful made world, so no waiting time of 4 years or so
- the linking possibilities between witcher 3 Journey and Gwent seem kinda interesting, but i would refrain of using TW3:J as a hub for starting Gwent Standalone, but for a nice place for playing classic vanilla witcher gwent.
- it would be fun i think :)

Top Bottom