What after Cyberpunk?

+
Didnt they say that they will go for dual franchise model? similar to how bethesda makes Elder scrolls/Fallout
if they make a new witcher game i hope it has character creation that would be amazing i really really doubt they would go for a new IP,world building is a complete bitch even they said it was the hardest part of developing Cyberpunk

Last edited:
• Steampunk game
• Open world RPG
• Character creation and builds
802d26288e457b007921790130bdd1b1.jpg
3f9baa148374d57ddb7e08cae6fb57f2.jpg
f455afd00550ce9de82b3a9c0f8ef866.jpg

Steampunk-Robots-steampunk-24187685-1400-887.jpg

5f90f62d756a217d04f7775986db4260.jpg
4ba8ba275b4f62d0a8430d2aea7f58bc.jpg
fabedea1a43a346c49aa16e0f6423072.jpg

Last edited:

Guest 4211861

I'm curious what they're going to make out of CP multiplayer.

I hope it's not some ridiculous asymmetric multiplayer, those have generally failed, as far as I can see.

Other than that, I honestly would not care for another Witcher game, I've had my fill.

How about... something completely new?

I'd like to see a new IP personally. I could see them going back to Witcher, but I hope it's not Geralt or Ciri as the protagonist. I feel their stories are done (Geralt in the games, Ciri in the books).

That said, I'd also kind of like them to branch off a bit. CDP Group just has CDPR here doing these massive AAA RPGs. OK. But what about something smaller, completely different, or just somewhat experimental? It could either be a sister underneath CDP Group or a part of CDPR proper, I don't care, such differences are meaningless to the consumer.

If i am not mistaken... The ritual to become a Witcher is not something Gerald wants to do too kids... 3 out of 4 dies a horrible death..

(Correct me if i am wrong)

I was actually thinking if they went back to the Witcher they should have you create one in a new school. Although yes, Geralt does not want to do it to kids. However there is someone who would be more willing to do it....

*cough*
Yen
*cough*

Let's be honest. If Yen were to set her mind on something like this, Geralt would fold like a cheap napkin and go along with it.

I would like a space opera game like Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars but in unique universe where you can travel to distant star systems and explore strange places and people with unique magic system.
Something what will open the boundaries of space.

Or maybe continue with Witcher 4?
My guess is the Witcher 4 :)

But think it could be interesting to see them revive Dune. Have a lot of lore in it, so could maybe do a good RPG here.

I really hope the next project is a concept similar to CP2077 but in the Witcher universe, character creator, progression system, skills and atributes, etc.

I really hope the next project is a concept similar to CP2077 but in the Witcher universe, character creator, progression system, skills and atributes, etc.

CDPR did say that the next Witcher game would not have Geralt as the main protagonist. So it is possible they would make the next Witcher game with a character creator. Think about if they do it in the hey day of the Witchers right as all the schools were going strong. Being able to pick your Witcher school and create your old Protagonist like in Cyberpunk. Would be sick well imo :shrug:

CDPR did say that the next Witcher game would not have Geralt as the main protagonist. So it is possible they would make the next Witcher game with a character creator. Think about if they do it in the hey day of the Witchers right as all the schools were going strong. Being able to pick your Witcher school and create your old Protagonist like in Cyberpunk. Would be sick well imo :shrug:
Absolutely!

I believe that their statment on Geralt not being main protagonist is because Ciri will inherit the mantle, probably?
That would be great too, but I'd prefer it being our own custom character.

Guest 4211861

How about a Cold War setting, but the USSR has conquered the USA and the player is in the resistance? Like Wolfenstein, but better and an RPG. Side quests could be very diverse.

There were a lot of weird objects in the Cold War that could be used, spies, scientists, weird inventions, superweapons. The player could pick different lifepaths, like CIA, KGB and freelance operative. Both stealth and combat gameplay. Cold war gadgets abound. Also, weird spy vehicles like minichoppers and armored limos with machine guns at the front and caltrops in the back.

Soldiers can be chemically infused to be stronger, even supersoldiers, with heavy armor and chem equipment like Bane.

In special missions, you have to fight in remote locations around the world, it's not just a city.

Also, players buying it in Russia have a whole different game world, in which NATO conquered Russia and they are the ones in the resistance. Strife, poverty and hunger grip the world, as govt. money is funneled into weapons and not much else. Corrupt soviet officers live in luxury, while others starve.

The player must change their look from time to time, using fake beards, glasses etc., to reduce heat.

The minigames are picking locks, analyzing documents and using "witcher vision" to analyze some places, like where a CIA officer was assassinated, find clues, investigate. Another minigame is getting through airport security with fake documents, while dodging opposing agents.

Endings would include total nuclear annihilation, a revolution, take the money and run to a tropical island and own a bar, kill both the CIA and KGB leadership, kill the US president, kill the Russian secretary general etc.

It's a rich world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love them to make a game out of Delta Green.

It's a Xfiles's themed "Call of cthulhu" add on, which makes you investigating as a law enforcement person (Fbi or whatever) on weird case that goes into lovecraftian territory.
Lots of conspiracies theories and ufo stuff spoofed into a cthulhu and other gods related thing.

Basically imagine Xfiles made with a mix of Cyberpunk in current setting and The Witcher with a Lovecraftian angle.

CDPR could use everything they know and have and push it into the cosmic horror genre.

I will probably continue playing League of Legends and Rainbow Six because those are games you can play quickly within one or a couple of hours, and then get back to life.

But occasionally, we are gifted with gem of a game with a potentially great story line where I need to put some things on hold and enjoy it for what it is... a lot like I am reading a great novel. Sometimes you open a book and you just can't stop reading. Same is true for games.

Top Bottom