What are REDpoints?

+
What are REDpoints?

I've been handing them out assuming they are 'to agree' with a post... or am I 'reporting' these threads?

I tried my damndest to find out their meaning on these forums but I give up. Searching comes back, mostly, posts in another language.

I've been handing them out assuming they are 'to agree' with a post... or am I 'reporting' these threads?

I tried my damndest to find out their meaning on these forums but I give up. Searching comes back, mostly, posts in another language.

REDpoints are 'likes', if you will. They indicate that you approve of a post, think it makes a good point, is well written, etc. They're pretty flexible, really.

Reporting posts is done by clicking the small 'exclamation point' triangular sign, in the lower left of a post box. This should be used only in the even of an intentionally rude, abusive, or otherwise strongly offensive post; a post that purposefully seeks to start a heated argument or 'war'; or any post that is attempting to advertise a service or product unrelated to CD Projekt RED.

Last edited:
REDpoints are 'likes', if you will. They indicate that you approve of a post, think it makes a good point, is well written, etc. They're pretty flexible, really.

That was my instinctual reaction to them and used them as such... then I thought too far into "so why's there ALSO a Thanks for this Post?" and from there I was now thinking REDpoints are bad because why have Two positive clickables for upvoting.

That was my instinctual reaction to them and used them as such... then I thought too far into "so why's there ALSO a Thanks for this Post?" and from there I was now thinking REDpoints are bad because why have Two positive clickables for upvoting.

I'm not quite sure why we have two, but the 'thank for this post' seems to be used usually if you found one useful, but not especially outstanding. If you really like a post, clicking both indicates this.

In example, @wichat likes to follow me around doing this, whenever I answer technical questions. Thanks, my lady of the Cats!

Last edited:
REDpoints are:
a) The answer to the question, 'what is life?'.
b) Nectar of the gods.
c) Currency of the future (specifically in 2077).
d) None of the above. Or maybe all of them.

Last edited:
For 100 red points each, you level up and proceed to higher spheres of human existence.

You've been living in a vault for too long, maybe you should get some fresh air. :happy:

... But just in case, I chipped in one for you.

What are the REDpoints for?

Hi,
I wonder what the REDpoints are for. After each posting we could thank ot give a REDpoint. So when i like it i give a REDpoint or when i dislike the posting?

Yeah I've always thought of "Thanks" as ... Thank you for helping, providing insight, answering a question, backing me up and etc. It's essentially if I would say "thank you" to that person in real life, I click thanks.

Redpoints are just generally positive feelings about a post (I think Rivenll's analogy to "like" is accurate). Sometimes there are posts that just make me laugh or that I agree with and such. That earns Redpoints from me.

Ah ok. Thank you. Then what for can we use the REDpoints?
Looks like my thread has been merged. I searched the Forum before opening it. But it didn't find the existing thread.
But why is it in the "Community" section? There it is completely off topic imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom