What are ST players going to be running after the patch?

+
What are ST players going to be running after the patch?

With the huge upcoming nerfs to Iorveth and Healers and defenders, and the smaller nerfs to saskia and smugglers, i feel its going to stop the main ST deck.

When i play against them in ranked i don't usually see another deck than using healers to endlessly buff defenders, so what are you guys thinking of changing your ST ranked decks to?

I think you'll see a variant of the same deck. Did Defenders get nerfed? Sure. But, they'll just get BMC'd and rebuffed in the second round. The changes to Healers and Defenders pretty much makes 3 BMCs a must in every ST deck.

Provided I haven't missed any changes, I'll stick to my Neophyte deck. The change to Thunderbolt Potion probably hurts the most.

SkippyHole;n8097190 said:
Provided I haven't missed any changes, I'll stick to my Neophyte deck. The change to Thunderbolt Potion probably hurts the most.

How competitive is your neophyte deck doing atm?

I run one as well but doesn't seem to do very well higher than rank 7. Of course im a pretty big noob though so :D

Mehariel;n8097430 said:
How competitive is your neophyte deck doing atm?

I run one as well but doesn't seem to do very well higher than rank 7. Of course im a pretty big noob though so :D

It can be very powerful in tournaments due to people teching for Swin Dwarves when they face a Scoia'tael deck - and it can very easily incorporate specific tech reliably vs. all other archetypes.

On ladder, it can be competitive at max rank as well, though due to the above-stated I see it more as a tournament option.

That being said, with the new patch Isengrim will be a lot more sticky, making the Neophyte deck potentially one of the ST staple decks. It can reliably draw special cards (King of Beggars into Elven Merc, Elven merc by itself), making it reliably able to get the all-important D-bombs and D-shackles.

Mehariel;n8097430 said:
How competitive is your neophyte deck doing atm? I run one as well but doesn't seem to do very well higher than rank 7. Of course im a pretty big noob though so

They generally top out 7-10 in my experience (which is where I am). Having said that ... they are still my favorite deck to play. It's just fun.

EDIT: P.S. moved to Scoia'tael Sub-section of Tacticians Corner Mehariel

Last edited:
Neophyte all the way, as always. Iorveth nerf will be a huge problem, and Toruviel will be even worse, but I'll manage.

After taking another look at the livestream, I am even more convinced that Zoltan is king, and ST will move from a buff to a control meta. The Zoltan/Ithlinne/Aglais are gonna see play in almost every deck (Aglais already did).

frbfree;n8109650 said:
After taking another look at the livestream, I am even more convinced that Zoltan is king, and ST will move from a buff to a control meta. The Zoltan/Ithlinne/Aglais are gonna see play in almost every deck (Aglais already did).

Aglais for sure, as always (so happy about it!).
Ithlinne..you already have Cleaver, I don't know if she's worth a golden slot (though I really want her to be).
Zoltan? He's max 14 STR now, and since everyone will run dimeritium shackles he will get demoted & locked & will lose resilence first round most likely.

KasumiGoto;n8110990 said:
Aglais for sure, as always (so happy about it!).
Ithlinne..you already have Cleaver, I don't know if she's worth a golden slot (though I really want her to be).
Zoltan? He's max 14 STR now, and since everyone will run dimeritium shackles he will get demoted & locked & will lose resilence first round most likely.

With Eithne, and no timer, Ithlinne is a boss, especially against a Monster Weather deck, where she is unaffected but can rid a bunch of enemy units of immunity. Zoltan can be dealt with, sure. But at the cost of 2 cards (or more, if they have to reduce his strength as well). I can live with that kind of CA granting inconvenience.

Aglais goes without saying, as you said.

frbfree;n8111010 said:
With Eithne, and no timer, Ithlinne is a boss, especially against a Monster Weather deck, where she is unaffected but can rid a bunch of enemy units of immunity. Zoltan can be dealt with, sure. But at the cost of 2 cards (or more, if they have to reduce his strength as well). I can live with that kind of CA granting inconvenience.

Aglais goes without saying, as you said.

Well if DShackles won't get a change, he will get demoted & locked in one go. But I'm guessing they won't stay like that.

KasumiGoto;n8111050 said:
Well if DShackles won't get a change, he will get demoted & locked in one go. But I'm guessing they won't stay like that.

From what I understood from reading notes (and obviously, we won't know until we see official info or a release) Shackles will only toggle lock or unlock on if the unit has already been demoted.

At the moment the two decks that I have success with are: Dwarves (yes, yes) and Neophyte combo (no, not ambush).
I'm surprised that Dwarves aren't popular. Have been playing them for a month(?) and Henselt isn't scary, Ambush doesn't stand a chance, neither does Nilfgaard and Consume is an equal fight. Skellige can be pain in the arse though.

Dwarfs is from what i know a decent investment for new players as you should have most of the core cards already. It's also a decent deck, but not top tier.
However that said: Changes will come, nothing is solid in beta, They might become useless they might turn more powerful.

A dwarf deck with eithne, decoy, caretaker, milva to bounce that guy who buffs other dwarfs can be really fun :)

Top Bottom