What are you going to do 1 week before Witcher 3: Wild Hunt release?

+

Hmm an entire weeks worth of activities? Well, lets see... there's the daily routine of waking up, going pee, washing my hands and face, finding food, browsing internet forums while eating, brushing my teeth, showering, going to work, eating dinner, browsing more forums while eating, watching some show or movie or gaming for a few hours, then going to bed. This basic routine will probably happen for most of the week. If you'd like I can go into even more detail such as washing laundry, what I plan on eating, etc.

Oh, and May 18th is my bday so add getting older to that list.

So what about you? What are your plans for the last week before the time when you will forgot that there's a world outside your gaming room, when W3 hits? :D

world?... WHAT WORLD!? YOUR SCARING ME!

seriously just routine, work and study, otherwise I will likely spend time with some friends, and when the witcher 3 is released, I will play it with the greatest patience and attention... that is if i don't die from hype

I cannot tell you what i will be doing one week prior to W3 relase... but i can tell you what is going to happen in my life until w3 gets released:
i will have gone on holiday twice before release
i will get promoted at work before release
and i will have finished my master thesis before relase

Well its May so I will probably be avoiding the internet because I will not want anyone with early copies ruining the story for me, I want to keep my virginity for when I'm playing the game MYSELF for the first time :D

working my ass off, i already scheluded an holiday from 19th to 25th. so i better leave nothing to think and worry about from job behind me.

Im reading some books and collecting all the literature references regarding the myth of the "Wild Hunt".
I was planning to do this since 2010, and those months of hype and expectations have created a nice chance to dive into this amazing europe-wide "legend".

In fact there are dozens of variations and forms of the concept of the legend of the "Hunt", and even more references in the "classic" literature.
(from pre-christian "ctonian" myths, to some of their adaptations that you can find in Dante, Boccaccio, some German literature, Northern miths, and so on..)

I ve also find a local adaptation which was still told in oral form even in the IXX (19th) century in the near-alpine area of my country: Italy.

(You can find a piece of the original italian text in my signature image)

Anyway, here's a quick English translation:

"When the mountaineers,
who find themself rejoined by the Winter,
ears the scary hissing of the wind,
they think that many spirits have equally joined together,
and that they wanders,
running madly on the crests of the mountains, in the obscure woods, on the edge of glaciers and depth unknown while making a deafening noise.

Sometimes they still remember 'the purpose' of a famous warrior,
who became passionate for the Hunt, and started searching for it.

Sometimes they still remember some of the Old Gods,
in whose their ancients mountaneer-fathers of centuries ago were fervent believers,
and because of this,
they are all equally swept up, in the vertiginous charge of the Wild Hunt."

A nice example of "Middle-Age Equity", huh? XD
Well at least, I guess that this legend fits perfectly with the Witcher lore.. :)

Can't wait to be Geralt again.
Brace Yourself! 19th of May is Coming! :)

Alx

Last edited:
I will be studying for my exams and cursing all of you for being able to play when it is released, as I shall have to wait until June
*sobbing*

Is anyone planning their life around the W3 release?

I certainly am.

1. My First year law school finals end on May 8, 2015.
2. I have specifically booked a flight to LA from May 11-May 15, 2015 - just in time to for the release.
3. My summer internship was supposed to start May 18 but I have persuaded them that I can only start on May 25 because "I have personal things to take care of".
4. My summer school classes unfortunately start on May 19, 2015 - and I actually considered NOT taking those for a brief moment so that I could play the damn game uninterrupted - but then the human part of the brain beat the monkey/lizard part.

I believe I saw some people comment that they are actually going to use up their vacation/sick days; make sure their relatives aren't around, etc, etc.

I think it would be fun to see whether people are actually taking drastic measures to ensure their initial game experience is as flawless as possible.

I'm having my Gould bladder removed one week before the game comes out. Then have 4-5 weeks off work recovery (plenty of time for playing witcher 3). How's that for drastic measures?

Plough to get into character.....errr ermmm snow plow I mean cuz ya know the abudance of snow in May will be nonexistent plentiful.

A week before The Witcher 3 is release I will be trolling a lot of sites and a lot of articles, promoting The Witcher 3 as to why you should be buying the game, everyday until the game is launched.

As Witcher fans we need to spread the message and get as much people aware of the game which can then lead to sales.

It is really important that The Witcher 3 sells well in retail because of NO-DRM and because Cyber 2077 is coming. As much as we know a lot about The Witcher 3 there are still people who don't know or still scared, seeing as a lot of people have not played the previous games.

Use the knowledge that you have and spread the message to all, that the Witcher 3 will be good to buy.

More people are now aware of The Witcher than ever before. CD Projekt RED has done a good job in that. Now it's our turn to spread the message from a non corporate, non business voice.

The Witcher 3 Hype Train was created by us the gamers and fans, not from the gaming industry.

Spread that Witcher 3 message and get people aware and buying.

And for those asking what message:

Last edited:
Same here - both May and June will be intense as f**k on my university + ton of work on witchersite.pl + work for other website on which I take first steps as an editor + I have acces to my PS4 only during the weekends because I study 70km far from home and the most possible scenario for me tells that I will play TW3 on 22th of May. :(

Top Bottom