What are your favourite quotes/lines? (Possible Spoilers!)

+
The title is pretty self explanatory. What are you favourite quotes/lines from the game? Doesn't matter what character. Which are your most memorable?
I'll get the ball rolling with one of mine which is from the Star ending said by female V who romanced Judy.

"No, don't wanna promise you a thing. Don't have to. You'll see. We'll have a home. We'll be home soon"

This line always gets me, Cherami Leigh delivers it amazingly well. Brings tears to my eyes.

Judy's holo message from The Star ending :333

Heeeeey V, I know what you're thinking; why is my crazy output leaving me a message on the machine when I'm making breakfast?
Well, you know me - I get mushy when it comes to sharing feelings...
Soooooo... what the hell, I figured I'd just tell you here.
V, I just wanted you to know that... *pause* I'm happy. For the first time in my life. And I wanted to- *gets interrupted*
Speak o' the devil... See you soon. Mwah!

Having played through all of the sad endings first and then coming this one, this holo message made me smile a lot. The part where she pauses and says she's happy made me tear up, again ^-^ Tearfully smiling at the end of a game where the story and interactions have already made me laugh, cry and smile a lot in my books is a genuine sign of a game with special effort taken to deliver its story and characters (writing, voice acting, JALI, character design, etc) and its delivery being every bit as effective as was intended.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

"There are no clean hands. But it is important how they become dirty.
Arisaka gave me what no one else could - values I could honor, live for. This was most important.
You dirty your hands for money. I, in the name of principles."
- Takemura

"You're never gonna get it. It's not about Arisaka. Not even about life and death.
The principle, V. It's always about the principle.
Swap meat for chrome, live a BD fantasy, whatever - but at the end of it all, it's the code you live by that defines who you are.
Ever get lost, it shows you the way home. Bust up into pieces, it puts you back together again."
- Johnny

"poor v - just 2 of them wanna fuck you?" - clouds entrance. always makes me laugh x'D

also "Understood. Hearing within norm. Possible issue - low IQ. Reducing speech rate by thrity-three percent MY. NAME. IS. SKIPPY." - It's just so damn stupid it makes me smile over and over again on every new char i pick him up with 8)

Last edited:
If i may, another one:
I know it's not the same in english (but i don't know why) :D

V : "Et bien c'est pas banal comme cadeau" (Well, it's not trivial as a gift)
Unknow : "Hein ? Quoi ? Je ne comprend pas !" (What ? I don't understand !)
V : "Bien tu sais, un peu comme un gâteau surprise. La voiture, c'est le gâteau. Et toi, t'es la danseuse" (well you know, like a surprise cake. The car is the cake. And you, you're the dancer.)
V close the trunk
Unknow : "Nonnnn !"

Pretty hilarious, especially if you close the trunk right after :D

I have loads of favourites, but this one has to be it and it can be heard at Clouds, specifically with V (Female);

V: "I... I don't wanna go out there."

Angel: "No one ever does. But eventually we all must."

You can sense that V is afraid just by the tone of her voice. Besides, the Clouds scene is one of the best scenes in the game in my opinion. V really opens up.

I have loads of favourites, but this one has to be it and it can be heard at Clouds, specifically with V (Female);

V: "I... I don't wanna go out there."

Angel: "No one ever does. But eventually we all must."

You can sense that V is afraid just by the tone of her voice. Besides, the Clouds scene is one of the best scenes in the game in my opinion. V really opens up.
I love the scene at Clouds too :) I always take the therapy from the robohooker.

Follow the River
-"This way, this must their rat-infested hideout. I could smell the moral decay from a mile off"
-"too slow... too many donuts !"

"If you stare into abyss for too long, it may suddenly stare back" (c) Johnny Silverhand
"Fifty years of soul prison worth this exact moment!" (c) Johnny Silverhand in the end of "Killing in the Name" quest (about Swedenburg-Riviera)
"Oh, this is a good time for you now?" (c) Clothing shop keeper in west of Northside... at ANY time of day.

Top Bottom