What are your opinions on the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher

+
What are your opinions on the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher

Hope you don't mind that I take the liberty of creating this thread, but I thought the devs might find your feedback useful.Please stay on topic and keep it mature and decent :)One extra note: Try to use this thread only to post about what you like and don't like comparing the first and second edition of the game.I personally would like to thank the devs for investing all this extra time to try to make our experience with the game even better.Go ahead fellow gamers, I'm curious what you have to say :peace:

Yes i have to say sorry for my rant when the patch site wasnt upto the task,but CD Projekt have done a GREAT job i cant think of any other game ive played that has had so much feedback and thought for the fans via game improvments.I really do hope that your company is able to survive in this thankless industry,and that you keep on producing the games that the FANS want not what the massive publishers say you should make,a big SALUTE to you all :beer:

I am dissapointed to find out that the boxed version of the EE will not be released in Australia until the 2nd of October. We are screwed over yet again when it comes to games distribution. This is not the first time and it will not be the last though. Games often arrive here late and are always a lot more expensive than elswhere. However this is not the developers fault. Until the late release here I will have to be satisfied with the downloaded version of the EE patch, and it is very satisfying indeed. Just got back from the beach and will be playing for the rest of the day I think.

I just want to say that it works. I downloaded all the essential files from FileShack, and the installation took about an hour. I'm still in the Prologue, so I haven't seen any new feature save the improved inventory, which looks very useful and bigger now. Finally, no more cluttering of the inventory with alchemical ingredients! The load/save times are, for now, similar to the ones from v1.3, but that's fast enough for me. I'm waiting to see the performance in Vizima, particularly in the Trade Quarter.

Well, I'm still in the Prologue, so I haven't seen many new features yet, but I like what they did with the inventory. Also, my mind may be playing tricks on me, but I think I heard some new lines spoken by Vesemir at the beginning.

I just took the ferry from the Dike to the Swamp, for the first time in the EE. There's the usual rigamarole in getting to the end of the dialogue with the ferryman, but Geralt's last response is different than it was. He now says,
How many times are you going to ask me that? To the swamp.
I love it!:kiss: for CDPR

I can only say that the suport and love the developers give this game sets an exampel to the whole industry. Salute! And happy gaming. I love the new version.

I just wanted to say something what I noticed from hour playing EE (To Vizima Camp)There was tons of nice updates like, inventory, voice acting/lines, ending moves, loading times, and so much more.But there was one or two lines what really annoyed me (new line what came with EE) example, when Lambard(?) was talking about what ingredients you needed and where was they to heal Triss, he just said them like this way "IngredientA is in PlaceA. IngredientB is in PlaceB. IngredientC is in PlaceC." And I dont think anybody would say those thing like that.. It was like he just readed some shoppinglistAnyone else though same thing then, or is it just me?But still its just a minor thing and its probably just me. Huge thanks to CD Projekt Team!

my installation went good but when I started the witcher it always crashed immediately.so I'm on my 3rd re-download and I'm going to install the game new as well. if that all does not help I'm gonna wait for my EE order to arrive (yeah, I ordered it twice to support cdpr).I'm not in any hurry. I still got BionicCommando, clearsky and crysis:warhead to play while the download runs. plenty of time.

I haven't had the chance to play it for more than an hour, but can I say :-No problems downloading the updates - Logged in at 11am and was playing by Midday. (And I'm no computer expert - it helps to have a (free) download manager that downloads files really fast and remembers where it was if the connection stops.)The game looks good, great dialog....had a look at the two new adventures - they look nice as well.Inventory is 50 times better.Thanks a lot for all your work. You are a credit to the games industry.

I have played EE Witcher for around 2 hours now and i have to say the team did a fantastic job.The dialogs are great, the variations of peoples clothes and the loading time... My hat is of as i salute you! You made the day. :D

Overall? Very well done and worth the wait.I love the re-recorded lines for the english edition, they come much more naturally now, and don't sound so.. wooden, if that makes any sense. Fighting alo seems a lot mroe smooth as well, from some things i can't quite put my finger on. It just feels like everything links together nicely, instead of before how fighting seemed to be... well, split into segments.The new inventory is a *godsend*.In the process of downloading the polish voice pack as well, since I feel like the witcher should be played on another playthrough like you would watch a good foreign film. That's not to say the english dubbing is bad, far from it, but I'm a sucker for original language options.

Well I stopped playing the witcher as soon as I heard about the EE back in Feb, I got to chapter III and it's finally downloaded and installing! I have a message saying it could take up to two hours! :eek:What kind of time did it take you guys? I'm installing 1.4, two adventures and english dialog from a fresh 1.0 install. Thank you so much CDPR... as long as this works that is?! :beer:

Quite a few differences, but I am only in the inn in Capter I. The inventory system is a huge improvement. You now have, instead of 80 slots, 60 slots for both items, and then alchemy supplies. I noticed that you can not put something that does not belong in one into that respective one. I have to admit, I did not read the manual yet, and I am still having the same old looting problem. I watched one of the CDPR videos that addressed this problem, so i will read up and figure it out.They have changed quite a few voice overs. I play the english/american version. Leo is new, Lambert is new, Vesna hood is new, Caroline, the one that gets killed running with Alvin interchanges between old and new. The translation from Polish to English is hugely improved. I never knew how challenged it really was until you hear the new script. 1+ to CDPR. The flo of things is much better. Some of the harsher language items have been replaced with a better interpretation. The only problem I see, is that they left some lines, and added new ones, and that sometimes the old and new, even spoken by the same character, is delivered softer/more forceful, or in a different pitch. Otherwise It's a huge improvement.Load times have improved, I don't know by how much, but there is an improvement.Stability is improved. I run Vista 64bit, and have yet to crash. My big test will be Chapter III. That was crash city for me.The color change of the bandits, and spawned characters is nice. You still see the same person, but it's not that same red hood on the axe manI'll let you know more, as I play more.Hats off to CDPR. I think it's a great start, just have to learn how to loot with one click.

Almost a different game now with the EE content.Two new AWESOME finishing moves, which I really, really like...I hope CDRED removed the one of Geralt swinging his sword by holding the blade and smashing the body with the hilt, as that looked to hard to do in real life. Could be more but I ain't found them yet.New inventory shines...beautifully handledVoice overs are the greatest achievement, I love the new voices in the English edition as much work was done in adding more commoner "Tongues" Caroline is now definately a Londoner from the eastend!!!Leo does NOT sound like a "Wuss" anymore but a young man in his twenties, instead of the highpitched "My voice ain'y broke yet squeal"Eskel, Lambert, Vesimir plus Triss all have new voice overs and new lines added..Gesturing animations are very good...You can now actually see if the person who is talking has any type of disposition, by his hand gestures and new face/neck animations.Overall graphical quality has been notched up quite a few gears, everything is "Richer" in colour.New randomised clothing is a boon, as it does "Trick the eye" into believing there are different people in the room albeit with the same faces....but it does not anymore focus your sttention on the fact.Combat is WAY smoother.....Timing has to be really on par playing at the highest difficulty (Which everyone should by the way).New cut scene when travelling from prologue to Vizima outskirts really helps the flow of the game .....I hope to see more.All in all....The Witcher EE is a considerable step up from the original game in almost every department.....Thank you to the Devs again in providing the Best of the Best as voted by the whole of the planet, and making it PERFECT.......And free to boot to those who have the original....What more can be done by these fine devs from Poland...!!! Slange and the drinks are on me"Sheathanaich"Sons of the Thane-Shaw Clan confederation"

Overall graphical quality has been notched up quite a few gears, everything is "Richer" in colour.
Indeed - good you have the same impression. I thought at first I am just fooling myself, but it seems something really improved in that department, too (concerning lightning, would be my guess). Things look , hhm crisper/fuller? Ah, or I fiddled with graphic settings on driver level and forgot, though I doubt that.

Unfortunately the game has crashed to the desktop 3 times for me already and I haven't even left Kaehr Morhen(SP?) which I find kind of funny because while everyone was complaining about all the bugs in the original I blew through it with no problems now that everything has been fixed... ???On to the good stuff.From what I have played so far the cutscenes seem to run a lot smoother, my frame rate has at least doubled compared to the original and what little dialogue changes I have noticed seem a big improvement. I'm not sure about this since I haven't played the game since I beat it originally in '07 but did they re do parts of the opening cut scene? I could have missed some things the first time around but it just seems smoother, better animated and possibly more detail.Any way I have to say that The Whitcher is definitely in my top 5 list of best RPGs of all time and TWEE just solidifies that even more. I still can't believe what CDProjekt was able to do with the Aurora Engine (IMO one of the worst game engines ever made.) and I really, really hope we get at least one sequel using a better engine, I would love to see what these guys could do with more current tech. There just seems to be so much more story here that I don't think one game or even two for that matter does it justice. CDProject, you guys rock and will have a day one purchase from me with anything you release. One more thing, if any one knows where to get info on the crashing issue I would be very great full if you pointed me in the right direction, thanks.

Just got to Chapter 2 in Vizima. There are quite a lot of differences i have seen in the EE. Voice acting is much better and some character sound less "wussy" and the characters feel more alive when they are speaking to you, although some of the animations at the time of speaking can be a bit weird sometimes. For example, someone would say "Hello there" and an animation of looking up into the sky, confused, would trigger - just seems a bit strange but it does not happen often, only seen it 2-4 times. In Vizima the models are all not the same now, hard to spot the same character twice as they have difference appearances which makes it more immersive. Inventory is just so, so, SO much better to use and i absolutely LOVE the auto-arrange button of the inventory and alchemy ingredients. Im just totally O.C.D when it comes to inventories in games. For example in System Shock 2 i would just stand there painstakingly arranging my inventory in a nice, neat and orderly fashion, it was the same for The Witcher (original). Now the auto-arrange does this for me and i use it all the time - it's bloody fantastic, big, BIG thumbs up to CDPR for this handy button! :) . Load times are MASSIVELY improved for me, it's now very fluid with less waiting for the bar to fill up!Difficulty seems to be tweaked a little. For example, the "Beast" fight at the end of Chapter 1 seems to be a lot better. I found this hard even on medium on the original, don't get me wrong it was still quite a challenge but i managed to do it on my 2nd try rather than my 5th. Also i have noticed that there are more gore "decals" on the bodies when fighting. This can come in the form of wound marks/slash marks and more blood on clothing, also the finishing moves are refined a bit i think. They are even more brutal than before, it's excellent and it just makes you go :-* Graphics wise it seems to be a bit more refined, colours are more vibrant than the original (Digital Vibrance at 50% in nVidia Control Panel too) and some of the textures have been smoothed out - game looks better than ever in my opinion and plays just as good. Stability has been perfect for me, i have not had one random crash or bug and i have been playing the game now for a little over 4hrs, just got inside Vizima. This is great for me becuase i remember the original game crashing quite a few times in chapters, i think it crashed 2-3 times in Chapter 1 in the original but this time none whatsoever.EE is a big thumbs up for me! I may be only part way through the game but im loving playing it again, as im sure many fans of The Witcher would agree! :D

Top Bottom