What are your opinions on the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher

+
Very informative Lyc, thx.I'm sure that the remaining issues can always be solved in a future patch :)What I also find great is the bonus content, nice extras to an already great game.

Quick question. I tried to get the uncensored patch to work and I'm not 100% I did everything correctly and I might be missing some voice overs. In the transition movie between prologue and Act 1 where it shows the map of the Geralt's path to the village there is some text that appears on screen like the narrator should be speaking but I hear no voice. Is this correct or should there be the narrator speaking during this movie?So far the inventory screen looks like it will be a godsend along with the 10x faster loading times.

youngneil1 said:
Yes, I strongly recommended the game to friends, too. Heck, I even did a reader preview of the normal edition of TW back then for a german magazne (pc games), where a bunch of people are invited to test the game early on and later their impressions are printed in the magazine. All of us testers were blown away really and we didnt hide that from the public ;).So, I think there is room for good sales of TWEE - hope you get rewarded for the effort. Renownwise you will get anyway!
Hey, I remember this article in PC games and really devoured every sentence and info and had a good laugh. Are you the person who confused the "Ertrunkene" with "Betrunkene"? :beer:

rocinante said:
i am disappointed that walking in ots view was not implemented. It seemed to be important to a good portion of the community, but somehow it wasn't addressed.i patiently waited for the enhanced edition in hopes that it would have been included.
qft

Sorry for the double post, it seems that topics are moved, removed, merged and split so quickly around here and the forum works so slowly (maybe too much moderation action is sucking up resources on this SMF forum, so that users are getting the short end of the pickel), so I posted this originally as a new topic (or so I thought) and next thing I know it ends up in this topic, of which I removed it as I thought that I had inadvertantly posted it as a reply to a thread that I hadn't actualy read but then after removing it realized that another one of my posts must have been moderated again so here it is again:Thank you so much for dealing with the inventory the way that you did. This was one of my biggest gripes in the original game and I was spending far too much time in there trying to organize it myself, now just a quick click of a button and it all stacks and sorts itself out for me.It's greatly enhanced in the enhanced version, but if I might make a suggestion in case you folks do any further patching and or enhancing.Have two buttons, one to stack and one to sort. There are times that I want to automatically stack items that can be stacked, but not sort them as I might have them exactly where I want them in the inventory bag, so if you have two buttons to do this, it's the best of both, clicking stack will stack all items of the same type and clicking sort will just sort them whether you've stacked them or not.

I was going to reply to your thread KUPLO but it got moved *snif snif*YES about the INVENTORY!! Does anyone know if they fixed the quest item section of the inventory? It was anoying in the normal verison of the game not having the ability to remove items you no longer needed, for example you'll have loads of keys all look similar and they have little is to no description for where to use them. The worse was Grannys items the pickles and lard, the diary and the other thing. Sure you need one of them but if you picked the other up by mistake you couldn't removed them or drop the items like the normal sections of the inventory, it was so frustrating. Was this fixed? I hope so.

The enhanced edition is over all great. Particularly the voice-over for the new adventures, since there is no such thing as immersion without a proper voice-over. It is great for the game-makers being able to find back the original voice-overs for every characters. Anyway, I got the US version of the game. I uncensored the game long time ago. But after I installed the EE, the game is re-censored, both for the old adventure and new adventures. The game doesn't not look nice for that since I get used to the uncensored version. I don't want to spoil the EE with my old files. Does anyone have the UK(uncensored) version of Enhance Edition files for models and sex cards?

Great so far. I always enjoyed the first one except for the load times issues. Provided those are truly cleared up--we'll see when I get to chapter 3--I'm really happy. The dialogue is better. Shani used to be sooooo painful. And the transaltion is improved. I like the addition of the low-class english accents.I'm disappointed that I can't turn off the mouse cursor feedback. I don't want to play in difficult mode because you don't get as many cool powers that way (lame) but I hate the little "CLICK NOW!" flashes on the cursor. I thought, for some reason, they were going to make these a toggled setting. I may actually start over and just accept the difficulty of difficult.

I just can't get my ass out of the Prologue.Jesus I love the whole Kaer Morhen atmosphere - the music + the castle = beautiful killer.And I really love the dialogues now the npc's really look much more alive.And the inventory - great job. :)As for Lambert he really sounded much better in the original version.He was more sharp-tongued, really I imagined him just like that when I read The Blood of Elves...oh well they got new animations :)

Im totally amazed... !!!... how a great Game... can be ruined in such a way!(For information Im talkin about the german version)Generally, faster loading times an so on are really good, thumps up for this!The seperate alchemy inventory, good tooBut thats it...What the hell did they do to Triss, Azar, the professor, Savolla and Kalkstein... ???The wonderful atmospheric satanic voice of Azar... gone... replaced with a vacantly couch potato...The great insane touch of the professors voiceactor... past... the new one as interesting as political debates...I cant get my head around it...The Witcher was one of the Game with the best Characterdesign ever! For example Kalkstein was for me the best Characterimplementation I have ever seen!Characteristic and bizarre and the Voice perfectly reflected it. Never concept and implementation merged better.For me even the nice multifaceted new Citizendesign cant compensate the loss of Atmosphere that got lost with the old VoicesIn Fact... Now more than ever I have the feeling Im playing a Game that needs to be "enhanced" !Very very sad! :'(

Almost done with Act 1 now and its def better than the original. Load times are faster (not 80% like they claimed but still faster). I don't like the gay hand gestures the actors do sometimes. Just doesn't fit their tough guy roles. No offense to gay people, but if you're a badass you don't wave your hand in that sort of "oh no you di-int" way.And I was hoping the Luvarden model would only be used for him-- but I'm still seeing that fat slob everywhere :(

I played through to the Vizima outskirts last night. First impressions:The Good:I can't put my finger on it, but the overall look of the game environment is improved. Better lighting or textures, maybe? Combat seems a lot smoother too. The inventory is the one really major improvement for me. I bailed out of the game about halfway through, 8 months or so ago. Partly it was from hearing about the planned EE, but it was mainly because I was starting to finally enjoy getting into alchemy, and the original inventory setup was just painful for that. Im looking forward to that aspect now. The Bad:I'm not thrilled with having the US version re-censored. Eventually there will be a workaround (if there isn't already), but I resent having to spend the extra time to find and enable a workaround.I was hoping that a walking animation would be in the EE, but I guess not. Having the player's avatar run everywhere is a constant reminder that it's a game, and not a "real" environment that you can get immersed in. It's especially annoying indoors. It just doesn't look right, when you're in a normal social context and not combat. Oh well. The Ugly:I guess I was hoping for more variation in NPC models. It was a bit disappointing to see the clone axemen etc. in the prolog. And the generic merchant still seems to be there. There is an odd glitch in the animation when Geralt first moves forward from a stopped position. His feet sort of glide forward for about a meter, then the running animation kicks in. Not a game-breaker, but it just looks weird. Is anyone else seeing that? I don't remember it being in the original game, and maybe it's just my graphics card or something.Overall, it does look like a major improvement (mostly due to smoother graphics and the inventory), and I'm looking forward to finishing the storyline now.

Seelenernter said:
Im totally amazed... !!!... how a great Game... can be ruined in such a way!(For information Im talkin about the german version)Generally, faster loading times an so on are really good, thumps up for this!The seperate alchemy inventory, good tooBut thats it...What the hell did they do to Triss, Azar, the professor, Savolla and Kalkstein... ???The wonderful atmospheric satanic voice of Azar... gone... replaced with a vacantly couch potato...The great insane touch of the professors voiceactor... past... the new one as interesting as political debates...I cant get my head around it...The Witcher was one of the Game with the best Characterdesign ever! For example Kalkstein was for me the best Characterimplementation I have ever seen!Characteristic and bizarre and the Voice perfectly reflected it. Never concept and implementation merged better.For me even the nice multifaceted new Citizendesign cant compensate the loss of Atmosphere that got lost with the old VoicesIn Fact... Now more than ever I have the feeling Im playing a Game that needs to be "enhanced" !Very very sad! :'(
It might sound pithy, but I'd recommend downloading and installing the Polish voice pack, and playing with Polish voices and German subtitles. Remember the game lets you mix and match easily now, and the Polish voices are undoubtedly the best.

Top Bottom