What are your opinions on the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher

+
I'm getting EE and all the new content and wanted to say how awesome it is of you guys to do this for free.Much props and you got a customer for life!Thanks!

Same here.I finished the game today and I am really impressed guys.All these years I've been playing RPGs with mature content but every single one of them fell into the same trap:Each decision could be altered by loading the game since the consequences became apparent after 5'.By building a game about important choices and by presenting it the way you did you've really stirred thing up in the RPG genre...hope we hear from you about your new project soon.HAIL!

im disappointed in the censoring of the us version. honestly who cares about mature ratings this is a rpg and look@ grand theft auto... lol it only increases sales.

MichelleB12 said:
im disappointed in the censoring of the us version. honestly who cares about mature ratings this is a rpg and look@ grand theft auto... lol it only increases sales.
this was not a CDProjekt decision, it was enforced by ESRB

I am a little disapointed. I was hoping for a better map than just a regualar paper one. The picture of the box makes the map look thick and durabul. But in reality is just paper.Performace wise it's great, but the game keeps crashing now and again. So I have to save all the time.

Here is my second impression after playing a lot of hours today.The game is very stable stable. I haven't encountered any stuttering yet. Smooth game play. I am playing every graphics setting maxed out. It looks great.I still save a lot. Just in case. :pLove the dialogs. The cut scenes are well done. The voice overs are great.At first the combat system frustrated me. Now I've figured out how it works. Some things I still need to get familiar with, but I am having fun already. ;D

I tried EE version and i was disappointed about it. Mainly because i expectated speed improvements in old vizima on chapter 5, and in merchants quarter in chapter 3.Game still runs @15/20fps sometimes also less, with a radeon hd3850 512mb, 2gbs of ram and a athlon 64 4200 x2. In January 2008 i tried to format hard disk, use a 5200 x2 cpu friend, lower graphipc settings etc... nothing changed.The others changes are appreciables, i love new inventory and new hand/mouth gestures. I am little disappointed about new textures of npcs, i expected new npcs models, not simply the same dress but with different colours.It's a pity that game still slow down in some places of chapter 3/5, it's the same for you? How many fps you have in old vizima and in merchants quartier?

karplus said:
It's a pity that game still slow down in some places of chapter 3/5, it's the same for you? How many fps you have in old vizima and in merchants quartier?
Chapter 3 is way bigger than the previous ones, just because the others were lighter on the resource needs does not mean it's a game problem, you need to get those game settings lower

I am seeing more and more of the transparency bug. Any surface that is wet, is now semi transparent; you can see right through the floors and sidewalks; can also see through walls in some of the crypts. Anything like a window, is like a hole in the game that looks right through buildings, walls, etc. into the graphics limbo outside the city. I have tried updating my ATI 4870, but still see this bug. Is anyone else seeing this transparency bug? or is this an abberation exclusive to my rig?Other than that... fantastic improvement. My son went out and bought his own copy today. He got sick of trying to share with me. Now we both wander around in the medieval world killing monsters, and making choices that end up screwing over someone. I think the funniest thing to happen was when both Shani and Triss were both really pissed off at me (Geralt). This is getting too much like real life..... women pissed off at me for trying to do the right thing.... sheesh!The dialogue is now really excellent, and occasionally funny.Thanks! I can hardly wait for your next projekt.

damn this game is even more fun without having to micro-organize the inventory and with super-short load times. and when im done playing for the day, i push exit, and what does it do? it exits! no, "are you sure you didnt just violently convulse and accidentally click.." no. great great game thankyou cdp.

I just wanted to say thanks to the Witcher development team for giving us the EE as a free download! I just started playing through, and I can already see the changes. For most companies this would have been a $40-$50 new release, no way around it. Thanks for taking care of your fans!Also, the game is, as always, amazing!

agree, this is one of the best things a game company can do (support the community). I'll be sure to pick up any future projects as a result of my experience with the witcher being so great.

Gotta chime in on this one, bigtime. I read about The Witcher online and in magazines as part of my "Gaming is My Life" 'ubergeek' lifestyle .. ::) .. and thus knew I wanted to try it more than a year ago. I finally got a faster computer to play World of Warcraft on, after getting the 'Net back only two months ago (long story) .. so I finally got the chance to DL it and PLAY it. Okay .. with 'The Context' established, let me get on with my Reply. ;) The Witcher is my new Favorite Game of All Time. Top of the list. I've been playing .. almost 25 years. It's that good. SO. What else is there to say? I'm firmly committed to buying the next three projects these guys work on, sight unseen. They've got serious CREDIT with me, as a company. Hope that's worth somethin'. ;D

Honestly I dont see the EE as worth a full purchase price as an upgrade.Maybe an 'add on'.Frankly the biggest change and a welcome one at that was the inventory management. Other than that the improved dialog is not 'all that' in fact many of the delivered lines in the original had more emotion to them.Still "The Witcher" has been one of the best role playing experiences I have ever encountered. Trust me Ive encountered a lot of them.Kudos to projekt Red for offering this 'patch' to the public for free. It was the right thing to do.

Tobariah said:
Gotta chime in on this one, bigtime. I read about The Witcher online and in magazines as part of my "Gaming is My Life" 'ubergeek' lifestyle .. ::) .. and thus knew I wanted to try it more than a year ago. I finally got a faster computer to play World of Warcraft on, after getting the 'Net back only two months ago (long story) .. so I finally got the chance to DL it and PLAY it. Okay .. with 'The Context' established, let me get on with my Reply. ;) The Witcher is my new Favorite Game of All Time. Top of the list. I've been playing .. almost 25 years. It's that good. SO. What else is there to say? I'm firmly committed to buying the next three projects these guys work on, sight unseen. They've got serious CREDIT with me, as a company. Hope that's worth somethin'. ;D
*smile* I agree. Welcome to the ranks of rabid Witcher fans and serious appreciaters of CDPR!As a long-time gamer, you'll probably appreciate CDPR's NEXT initiative: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14966.0

The good things are obvious: load times, inventory etc.But I was very disappointed in a few things.Voice overs (English) were much worse occasionally! Especially the Old Brickmaker, who used to make me smile. Not anymore :(And the line of your mother sucking a dwarf's cock used to be fun, now it sounds just weird. Like, "let me spell it to you if you didn't hear it the first time, very slooowly"The promised variety in character appearances.. well, still they look the same.

Im new and just bought EE because of the hype EE was getting. Note: I would've NEVER bought The Witcher otherwise. Maybe do to the fact that I hate CRPGs without character creation; most call these Adventure Games. Im enjoying it.Pros: Amazing graphics, Fast Load Times (EE), Good storyline, Great Voice-Dialog (vs. Text-based NPCs in other CRPGs), Mature themes.Cons: No Walking in OTS, Sickening Headbob Camera Effect that cannot be turned off, Lots of random Crash-to-Desktop (yes, EE).

I'm really enjoying EE. Quickloot and the nonexistant loadtimes are absolutely awesome. One thing I been wondering though... wasn't Triss supposed to get a new model? My Triss look like the old one... (I think) :wave:

munq said:
I'm really enjoying EE. Quickloot and the nonexistant loadtimes are absolutely awesome. One thing I been wondering though... wasn't Triss supposed to get a new model? My Triss look like the old one... (I think) :wave:
Have you seen her in the trade district yet? :D

Top Bottom