What are your opinions on the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher

+
RavenknightII said:
I can only say that the suport and love the developers give this game sets an exampel to the whole industry. Salute! And happy gaming. I love the new version.
Yeah, my hand up here as well. I am inclined to be cynical about most game developers but RED has done the deed as promised and has shown what can be done with vision and care. Inspiring! Well done to you all.

munq said:
munq said:
Have you seen her in the trade district yet? :D
Oh, oh! No, I haven't. I'm halfway through Chapter II... Interesting :beer:
/me switches from his 'WoW persona' of a 68th-lvl Hunter to his "AD&D" persona of an 11th+/11th Assassin/Mage Drow Elf, by pulling a looooong magical scroll from his "Witcher's Potion and Scroll Harness" (a gift from Geralt). Well, she's certainly .. curvy. I prefer my females a bit more .. dominant, and .. devious. Other than THAT, I certainy have enjoyed collecting both of her 'cards' so far, and I'm lettting her deceive herself that we have a future together. My .. demonically-possessed sSswoOrrd .. .. doesn't like to be SPOKEN of ALOUD .. but it also tells me that Triss is .. not long for this world, sadly. I'm only beginning Chapter Five, and have just .. proposed to her, formally, but .. my dreams .. are dark. .. Maybe Dagon continues to take his vengance for what I did to his Followers .. and himself? .. maybe the Striga be not the only cursed 'nobility' in this City? .. could -I- be .. ... .. ....

I greatly appreciate that the Enhanced Edition is released for The Witcher. The loading time significantly shortened and so have the saving time. The graphics and animation are more smooth and the dialogs are well done. I am too, a computer person and I know how much effort is needed in order to debug and also to improve the run-time efficiency of algorithms. Therefore, I say THANK YOU AND KEEP IT UP! You guys are a team of developers who deserve to be respected because you guys actually do your jobs. A+ to the EE and I will continue to support you guys!

I just want to take a sec to say that CD Projekt Red is the only company I've seen to take this much care with a game, improving it and polishing it even this long after its release. It's something new to keep upgrading and expanding on a fascinating but initially flawed single player game instead of scrapping it and blindly rushing to make a sequel with the same damn problems. The biggest benefit though is not just to make a great game but to build up your reputation. You're gonna have a lot of worldwide consumers watching your games after the Enhanced Edition! Keep 'em coming.

I agree. Call me jaded, but I was quite surprised that they provided such a massive update for free to those of us who had already purchased the game. The appreciation that they have for their customers and the love they have for their game really sets them high above the rest. Yeah, I'm pretty much a CD Projekt Red fan for life.

Another CDPR fan here. Is it cliche to say customer service should be at the top of their list? They made a good product with a great story. Now they have given you the option to turn that good product into a great one.In appreciation, I bought the EE edition to show my support for a company that I knew nothing about a year ago, but will be a life long fan of now.

Its still too soon for me to say in totality (still in Act II). But its not too soon to voice my nitpicks "so far".Anyone who doesn't like criticism, look away now.Rating by me so far:A great improvement, but not "perfect".Performance / Reliability:- I must say that on MY laptop system, the EE version (retail) is the stablist yet (and I'm running Vista(non sp1)!) Only two crashes in Act I, none so far Act II.Little Nitpicks:- Sometimes the NPCs will say one thing, and the above text dialogue will be completely different (boxers in inn, patients in hospital etc)- In addition to that, I've had mismatch of NPC speech: A old woman beggar's voice on a male beggar's body saying something about he's covered in manure (Act I), and a woman patient gasping in a male voice "My lungs, some kind of curse!"- Note that the above only happen when I walk past, NOT when you click to dialogue with them.- My Lambert NPC kept squinting when I talked to him. Looked like he had a severe migrain. Opened his eyes on start of every new sentence. Annoying.The inventory:- Thumbs up. Alchemy is also improved in speed and with the recipe list not re-scrolling back to the top, multiple potion brewing is far more pleasing.And the voice acting:- The extended dialogue is enjoyable in length and consistency BUT the voice acting is a little flat and unconvincing in places. Without naming any particular characters or Acts, the second time around seems like a script rehersal, rather than a performance as such... Sorry developers, but the voice acting was superior the first time around. The dialogue is supreme this time.- I miss the OLD voice actor who was responsible for the "Your momma sucks".... well, you know the rest.- I miss the OLD Gramps.The NPC models:- I did expect more different models, not just different colored clothes, but much easier to differentiate between them all now.- Hated the new carmen model - under my medium detail level, her facial features are a little washed-out and bland in colour. - Like she's wearing foundation all over her face, but no other makeup.- Loved the active eyes in the game. The mannerisms of Geralt really brings his realism to a whole new level. Well done here.The combat system:- Had to get used to timing the styles again due to the faster animations! Excellent job. Still hate auto-reshealth though.No walking?- Didn't bother me in the slightest (sorry purists). The game takes long enough to finish as it is without walking around the outskirts from inn to village. I like combat in my games, not seeking the utopia of "pure immersion". If you want that, hire a costume, strap a sword to your back and visit you local mall for a "true" immersive experience. End rant.Again, I'm not here to put a torch to the developer's hard work. Great game made better. Thanks CDPR!

UlteriorModem said:
UlteriorModem said:
One thing I been wondering though... wasn't Triss supposed to get a new model? My Triss look like the old one... (I think) :wave:
Nu-uh, just did, she looks just like she did in the original Witcher! :peace:

I can't say enough positive things about this game. I haven't even gotten out of Chapter 1, and I'm already enthralled.I waited a long time on this game... it was on my radar, but I'm very busy and don't have a lot of time for gaming. However, when the EE came out, I had to bite. I'm not disappointed.With the exception of the censored American version (which I quickly fixed - I'm 30 years old, I don't need adult content dumbed down) I've been very pleased.The wold of the Witcher sucks you in, right from the start. Right away you're seeing old castles, Witchers with battlescars, strange creatures, and signs of an obviously very developed culture. It makes you want more information about everything. Why does Geralt have white hair and cat-eyes? Why do people hate Witchers, yet also seem to need them? What role does Magic play? What about Alchemy? The world is wonderfully created.The graphics aren't perfect but I can live with them. The textured scars on the faces of those you speak to, missing teeth of old women, beards of dwarves, terrain detail, and other aspects are exceptionally well done. However, this is mitigated by obvious clipping on characters' hair and carried weapons, and unrealistic rag-doll deaths where arms and legs end up in unnatural positions. Lighting effects are good, but not top of the line.That said though, all the graphics in the game have a "grit" to them and a realistic tone which sucks you into the world even more, which I love. The graphics make it clear that this is no fun cartoon fantasy land.The voiceacting is fantastic, and I appreciate the ability to play with the original Polish voiceacting and English subtitles.Gameplay took some getting used to, but now I enjoy it. I'm VERY happy that there are so many viewpoints to play the game from. Sometimes I switch between OTS and Isometric views. I think I would have been less happy with the gameplay if I was stuck in one viewpoint the whole game.The roleplaying aspect of the game is very good. I could do with a little more decision-making on Geralt's part, in terms of having more options for quests... however I'm still relatively early in the game, so I think I'll be seeing more of that.I love all the various mini-aspects of the game. I was really excited when I got to the Inn, and within 20 minutes had engaged in a boxing match and a drinking contest already. There are many different ways to complete some tasks which I think is great.Combat I think is very straightforward so far. It's fun, but maybe a little easy. I had to start the game over to go up to "Hard" mode. I wasn't finished with Chapter 1 yet, and I was having too much of an easy time, so I figured bumping up the difficulty would be good. Now that I'm on Hard, I'm hoping combat will be more nuanced, strategic, and fun. We'll see.I was a little disappointed I had to start a NEW game in order to change the difficulty level. Really, you can't put in an option to change that somewhere?THANK YOU FOR MAKING AN AWESOME PC RPG! We need more games like this! Thank you for not making a dumbed down console game! Make more games like the Witcher! Get started on a sequel now!

munq said:
munq said:
munq said:
One thing I been wondering though... wasn't Triss supposed to get a new model? My Triss look like the old one... (I think) :wave:
Nu-uh, just did, she looks just like she did in the original Witcher! :peace:
My Triss was slightly glitched at the beginning of Act III. Her long hair stuck rigidly forward as if the mirror in front of her was a big vacuum cleaner, giving me the impression that she had a long beard. ;D Too bad I forgot to take a screenshot.

I must say I'm very dissapointed with dialogues in prologue, they are definetely worse than in original. It's as if the actors just read the lines with no emotion to it. Lambert and Triss were especially shocking and I missed Vesemir's babe calling Triss.

Planewalker said:
My Triss was slightly glitched at the beginning of Act III. Her long hair stuck rigidly forward as if the mirror in front of her was a big vacuum cleaner, giving me the impression that she had a long beard. ;D Too bad I forgot to take a screenshot.
I had the same glitch :D I thought they had given her long hair. I've had a few other of these "strech-glitches". Once I saw a old woman that had her face like from the infamous painting "Scream" or something. Also the hag at shanis house when died had an alien long neck :D

Murrdox said:
I can't say enough positive things about this game. I haven't even gotten out of Chapter 1, and I'm already enthralled.I waited a long time on this game... it was on my radar, but I'm very busy and don't have a lot of time for gaming. However, when the EE came out, I had to bite. I'm not disappointed. .. clipped ..I love all the various mini-aspects of the game. I was really excited when I got to the Inn, and within 20 minutes had engaged in a boxing match and a drinking contest already. There are many different ways to complete some tasks which I think is great.Combat I think is very straightforward so far. It's fun, but maybe a little easy. I had to start the game over to go up to "Hard" mode. I wasn't finished with Chapter 1 yet, and I was having too much of an easy time, so I figured bumping up the difficulty would be good. Now that I'm on Hard, I'm hoping combat will be more nuanced, strategic, and fun. We'll see.
I, too, was really excited to get to the Inn, and while I just finished my first playthrough on 'Normal' difficulty, I'm planning on doing another one on "Hard" to enjoy the combat more and to see some of the alternate CHOICES that you can make .. I think there are maybe TWO other games in my entire gaming history that I ever have done a 'second playthrough' on, one was Baldur's Gate, and the other .. I don't remember. Believe me, for me to even -plan- to do so says a lot about the depth of a game (plot, combat, environment, etc). As for the combat, I agree with your early assessment, but would encourage you to get deep into Chapter Two before you really 'judge' it. SO MUCH is changed about combat once you have your full 'set' of five magical signs and a growing library of POTIONS .. that it's almost an entirely new experience every time you gain a couple of levels. New skills, new potions .. even when it's EASY, the combat is fairly FUN, and .. it's fairly hard IN SPOTS. Generally speaking, it could challange you more if you're an 'experienced' or 'talented' gamer, but I did enjoy my entire playthrough on 'Normal'. I still had to reload and retry the final Boss Fight THREE times before I 'got the TACTICS right'! Once I did, he was relatively easy. And that's the beauty of this game's combat system. With the 'wrong' tactics, or if you're not paying sufficient attention to some aspect of the fight (magic energy, potion toxic levels, monster special abilities like 'knockdown', etc..) .. even a 'routine' fight can leave you lying on the ground bleeding, reaching for the reload button. This is a game that rewards THOUGHT. I love that.

The best roll's game that I played along with gothic 2Good storyVaried missionsAnd very absorbentFrom Spain thanks "CD Projekt"

This is my first posting, Really like the Game BUT in my game the Quest bag is full, and i cant get rid of any old things. I have the Enhanced version. Would really appreciate some help, as i cant do any more quests with no room in the bag

On behalf of CD Projekt RED i wanted to thank everyone for opinions.All this feedback is very important and valuable for us!

Top Bottom